The IMM Smearing Of Ron Paul Begins

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Oct 12, 2007.

1. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I myself don't know of any method dictated. Noah was told that if a man shed another man's blood then his blood should be shed also because man is made in the image of God. This law predates Moses and the Israeli theocracy, Poncho.

2. Petra-O IX Active Member

Civilization is doomed CMG, we are just waiting for our home in heaven. Jesus gave us a new law but I guess you are O.K. with the old ones . Let me know the next time when you plan to offer your best bullocks as a burnt offering to the Lord, I wanna have my video camera ready for this one.
    Bye, I'm outta town for awhile on vacation.

3. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where does it say that Jesus offered a new law? I doubt if you have any Scripture for that notion.

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

4. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Cor. 9:21 (ESV)
    To those outside the law I became as one outside the law (not being outside the law of God but under the law of Christ) that I might win those outside the law.

Galatians 6:2 (ESV)
    Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

The commandment about capital punishment predates the Law of Moses. However, God did not always demand enforcement of this commandment(for example, King David).

5. Petra-O IX Active Member

Paul explains it in Galations:

Galatians 3:19,23-25: Why then the law? It was added because of transgressions… Now before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed. So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian, for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God…

From my Nelson's KJV Bible commentaries on verses 3:25 explains it this way:
    After ones converson to Christ, he is no longer under the curse of the law as it has fulfilledits intended purpose divinely.

In Levitcus 19: 19-21 it states;

19 And if a man cause a blemish in his neighbour; as he hath done, so shall it be done to him;
    20 Breach for breach, eye for eye, tooth for tooth: as he hath caused a blemish in a man, so shall it be done to him again.
    21 And he that killeth a beast, he shall restore it: and he that killeth a man, he shall be put to death
    But Jesus commends us to show grace unto those who have done us wrong.
    In Matthew 5:38-39 in the Red Letters Jesus states:
    38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
    39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Jesus is the fullfilment of the Law and has paid the price for man's sins, it is not necessary for us to use the death penalty but I do see it as necessary to put away murderer's for there wrong doing.
    I commend Ron Paul for his stand on the death penalty and for allowing States the freedom to use or not to use the death penalty.
    Jesus gave us a new commandment:
    John13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

And btw CMG I have supplied you with real actual quotes from Jesus.

6. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is getting far from the subject of the thread. Ken's verse from Corinthians was spoken by Paul and said that he became like a gentile instead of a Jew in order to win the gentiles. I can't see that the verse from Galiatians is germane to the topic because it speaks of perfectly fulfilling the law, not the overthrow of the law.

As for the example of King David, it falls under the special cases classification because God is able to do what He pleases.

As for your points, you told me that Jesus gave us a new law with the implication being that it supplanted the old law. I quoted Jesus as saying that He sought not to destroy the law but fulfill it.

We are not talking about Mosiac law because this law was given to Noah. I do not see where this law was ever undone. Actually, Paul confirms this law by saying in Romans that the civil authorities do not carry the sword in vain, meaning that they do have the power to execute. Why would governments be allowed that power if they were not to use it?

As for the idea that we are not under the law, does that me we can murder, as I asked you before? Nor does the Sermon on the Mount overthrow the law as the religious left claims. Actually, it explains that sin is thought, word, and deed. It makes sin much more serious than some might have thought. You are guilty of murder if you are angry with your brother, for example. If fact, the Sermon on the Mount testifies against lawbreakers.

7. Petra-O IX Active Member

So according to you CMG, God broke his own Commandment?
    You are right about doing what he pleases and it pleases Him to give grace. Jesus could have commanded that those who hung him on the cross should have been commited to death but instead he spoke to God and asked that that He forgive them for they know not what they do. Are you saying we as Christians should not be Christ-like?

8. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am saying that Christians are not God. I am saying that Christians show their love for Jesus by keeping His commandments.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

9. Petra-O IX Active Member

Christians are to be Christ-like hence the name Christian. If you are a Christian and can be forgiving and show grace and mercy so will your Heavenly Father show the same to you.
    Matthew 5:7 "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

10. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If Ron Paul thinks that he can have his cake and eat it too, then I am here to say that I am not as stupid as he thinks we Republicans are. If Ron Paul goes to California and starts practicing abortion in order to get even richer, then I think that Ron Paul should be executed for murder of the unborn. I can forgive him because I know that he is the son of a thieving gardner and and then of a drunken sea captain, but I still insist that he pay the civil penalty that God commanded and never rescinded. Ron Paul had better ask God to forgive him because God has the power to send the soul to eternal torment in the lake of fire for crimes like murder.

11. poncho Well-Known Member

I dunno CMG republicans sure were easily taken in by the big government wild spending elite blue blooded perpetual war eastern banking establishment liberal that naps in the oval office today. :laugh:

All a republican has to do is talk the talk to gain office. Ron Paul actually walks the walk.

12. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whoa there, big fella! Whoaaaaaaa!

I think you need to clarify what you are saying.

Are you saying that Ron Paul's mother was a thief and that his father was a drunk? Where do you get such an idea????

And where in tarnation do you get this idea about Ron Paul moving to California to perform abortions????

What's going on, cmg????

13. poncho Well-Known Member

He musta hit the boost button by mistake again. :laugh:

14. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I meant that one of his ancestors was a thieving gardner and another one was a drunken sea captain.

It is George Will who says that California, under a states rights plan like Paul's, will continue abortion on demand. Ron Paul also wants the death penalty abolished. I say that if Ron Paul were to go to California after he saw that they could go on with abortions and then if Ron Paul were to become a California abortionist in order to become even richer, then in my book, Ron Paul would be a murderer and should be executed. I could forgive him because he is like his ancestors but if he did not repent, God could send him to eternal hell. That is all that I said.

15. poncho Well-Known Member

Did any of Ron Paul's ancestors make banking deals with the nazis, or support and defend the eugenics movement like those of George Bush? All the blue bloods think of you as a useless eater CMG yes, even those of the "elite" who say they are pro life think of abortion as just another means of population control. You ought to be calling for their heads too. So why aren't you?

Which is the lesser evil...a global elite that views abortion as another means of world population control or a libertarian who thinks states should have more rights than the feds? Notice I left you a choice of evil and lesser evil...like the global elite always do? (when they sponsor both sides in their rigged presidential elections)

16. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another false accusation from the Democrats. You must be taking a page from the Democrat Mayor of Indianapolis who says that if we elect the Republican Greg Ballard as Mayor of Indianapolis next Tuesday, trash collections will be stopped, sidewalks will no longer be repaired, and meals on wheels will be ended for senior citizens.

Ron Paul's ancestors were a thieving gardner for one and for another there was a drunken sea captain.

17. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you had best provide some proof, cmg. I am serious, brother. I don't think that a person can't post serious, personal stuff like that on the Internet without risking severe legal complications if the information is libelous.

18. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why even use such a nonsensical hypothetical, cmg????

I am concerned about you, brother.

19. poncho Well-Known Member

What's false about it? Bush has ancestors that made banking deals with the nazis and his family has always embraced the eugenics movement...right from the start. Yet his family gets in front of the camera mumbles something about being pro life and the republicans fall all over themselves to get them elected, without fact checking. Not once but three times!!! Four times counting Jeb. Who's kiddin who here?

There's nothing false about that at all.

And besides, I bet even you have a couple unsavory types in your family tree. My great grandad was a not only a drunk but a bootlegger too! Apparently he didn't pass it on to me because I don't drink, not even a little bit. Yuck!

20. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, Ken, I am just saying that I believe in the death penalty for murderers and if Ron Paul were to become a murderer I would want him especially executed as soon as possible.