1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Judgement of man

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by freeatlast, Jan 22, 2012.

1. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

You Know what the Bible states/says, but you do not seem to know what it means!

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I know what NO means. You seem to have a problem with accepting words mean what they say. I don’t know if you have realized this or not but in just about every thread, I think it is every, but I say just about, you disagree with what the bible literally says for an interpretation of your own. Let me ask you an upfront question. Have you ever been a member of the JW's or the Mormons. I ask that because both handle the bible much like you when interpreting the bible. It always means something other then what it says and they have other books to prove it.

3. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

I have been a agnostic, to saved by the Grace of God!

Thing is that you seem to build all of your basic theology upon just a few verses, NOT full council of the Bible, and even misunderstand verses that you lean upon "proof texting them!"

Such as denying christians called to rpent/confess their sins to be restored in fellowship, as you claim John meant Gnostics!

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I am not trying to be smart here but you need to read what is written. My guess is that this is why you are so confused about the word of God. I never mentioned agnostics. I said Gnostics.You will never understand the bible until you accept to receive it as it is written.

5. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

I said that I was agnostic before becoming a Christian!

I hold to full inerrenacy/infallibility of the Bible, check threads on that here on BB, some accused me of being 'too much" into that, beyond what current Evangelical would hold!

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

But didn't you say someplace else that the Apostles words were not equal with the Lord's words?

7. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

No, i said in response to another posting, that person stated that later revelation superceded earlier one, my reply was though there is progressive revelation, NO verse in NT abbrogated the Tithing principle , as it was established by god before the law given to Moses!

the ultimate words on any subject would be Jesus, as he is God speaking!

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

This is what matters;
    Are God's commandments burdensome to those who are truly born again?
    "For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world - our faith." 1 John 5:3, 4

What motive should prompt us to keep God's law?
    "If you love Me, keep My commandments." John 14:15

1John 2:4
    He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 3:9
    Whosoever is born of God doth not commit (practice) sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot (practice) sin, because he is born of God.

Who will be admitted into heaven?
    "Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city." Revelation 22:14

9. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

[/COLOR]

Think better answer is those who have been washed in the blood of the lamb!

10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

That proves if you have.

11. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

No, my justification before God is accomplished at a single point in time, conversation, than start the life long process of sanctification!