1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured "The kingdom of heaven is at hand."

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by PrmtvBptst1832, May 12, 2017.

1. PrmtvBptst1832

PrmtvBptst1832 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Believers are "heirs of the kingdom" (Jas. 2.5). Where do the scriptures ever state that we are heirs of the church?

2. PrmtvBptst1832

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll assume that cannot be proven

3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No it doesn't we are the ecclesia (the called out) of darkness to the beautiful kingdom of his Son... And you are claiming the kingdom was never set up and it is... You are saying there is a parenthesis in the scripture where one does not exist... The legs of Daniel 2:44 the legs are made of Iron and further down the iron is mixed with clay but it is the same Iron... It is the same Empire... The Roman Empire... An empire governed by kIng's' and emperor's who called themselves gods and governed men by their laws. God set up his kingdom (the church) governed by Gods laws, not only that he gave us his written word The Holy Bible to teach those who claim his name how to treat others and our fellow man. I'm subject to a Heavenly King and I am I'm in a kingdom on this earth waiting for the Eternal Heavenly Kingdom to come and my Lord to take me home... Enough said... Brother Glen:)

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't expect the anti-'spiritualizers' to seriously consider this aspect of the kingdom. If it's not tangible to the physical senses it's not real.

5. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    These same anti-'spiritualizers' have shut off to themselves the fact that at Christ's next coming He has reigned already and the kingdom has been already. They're looking for a kingdom of this world. One that can be seen with the eye and touched with the hand. You know, like the Jews of Christ's day.

#45 kyredneck, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. PrmtvBptst1832

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The church is not the kingdom. Do you really believe Jesus was instructing his disciples to pray for the coming of the ecclesia (Mt. 6.10)?

We have been translated into the kingdom of his dear Son (Col. 1.13). We were also chosen in him before the foundation of the world (Eph. 1.4), but we were not "in him" before the foundation of the world. "Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me." (Ro. 16.7)

I am claiming what Daniel and John claimed: "And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever." (Da. 2.44) "And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast." (Rev. 17.12) Like you stated, "[F]urther down the iron is mixed with clay..."

The apostles were with Jesus during his entire ministry, and he was with them after his resurrection. "When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?" (Ac. 1.6) What was his reply? "And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power." (Ac. 1.7) According to most, he should have said, "You have it all wrong! Steve Gregg is going to write Revelation: Four Views in 1997 (Revised and Updated in 2013), and that will clear it up for you." You base your faith on writings of men who walked and talked with Jesus even after his resurrection but still have no understanding. Of all that Jesus taught concerning the kingdom, were they still clueless? Apparently, you are okay with that. I am not.

"And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear." (Lk. 19.11)

"He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return" (Lk. 19.12)

You can call it a "parenthesis" if you want to. I will just go with what scripture states.

7. PrmtvBptst1832

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one believes that.

8. PrmtvBptst1832

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You still have not even shown from Scripture how you consistently justify this "next coming" of which you speak.

9. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not sure exactly what you believe.

Give me a handle, reveal this seamless perfect system you adhere to.

10. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, I'll rephrase:

"These same anti-'spiritualizers' have shut off to themselves the fact that at Christ's second coming He has reigned already and the kingdom has been already. They're looking for a kingdom of this world. One that can be seen with the eye and touched with the hand. You know, like the Jews of Christ's day."

11. PrmtvBptst1832

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read the scriptures and believe what they say. We have indeed tasted the powers of the age to come (Heb. 6.5). You claim we are in that age. In fact, we see "face to face (1 Co. 13.12) according to your theory. There is no mystery to what I believe. That post does not contradict my Premillennial position, and I am confused as to why you referenced it. The only thing it does is give you something to type.

12. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dispy?

13. PrmtvBptst1832

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At "his appearing and his kingdom" (2 Tim. 4.1), the Lord Jesus Christ will reign on earth with his saints (Rev. 5.10; 20.4). After his reign, before he delivers up the kingdom, he will have reigned and abolished all rule, authority, and power. Will that be visible?

14. PrmtvBptst1832

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not a Dispensationalist. I have made that clear.

15. PrmtvBptst1832

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps all the spiritual preaching you heard from the "No-Hellers" is true and there is no substantial kingdom at all. You can all sit on the clouds and sing "Precious Memories" together...acapella of course.

16. PrmtvBptst1832

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And if the kingdom of God is the church, and it is supposed to consume all other kingdoms, you have some work to do. Since Mt. 28.19 is fulfilled, you have a big problem. But God's elect are going to be saved whether they hear or believe anyway, right? As of 1995, there were 64,000 Primitive Baptists. Of course, that is by name and does not include the majority you would re-baptize because they did not meet the criteria your church or association (unbiblical) set up for a "valid" baptism. I would say you have a big problem.

17. PrmtvBptst1832

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mt. 22.1-13 is your "gap theory," but you will not accept it.

18. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know I am satisfied how I understand it... You want to see it different ok... You and kyredneck have at it... I am backing out of this discussion... God Bless You Both... Brother Glen:)

19. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Kingdom is the rule and reign of God, so does he not rule/reign outside of the church itself still?The church is part of it, but not all of it!

20. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe the Kingdom of God is righteousness, joy and peace in the Holy Spirit, as Paul said in Romans 14:17

The Holy Spirit washes us in regeneration. He majes us righteous. Paul said we BECOME the righteousness of God (2Cor 5:21). That's the new creation we are (verse 17)

Righteousness is what we become, and joy and peace flow from that righteousness. That is the Kingdom of God which was "at hand"

Righteousness in the Holy Spirit - as opposed to faux righteousness according to the Law. See the contrast in 2Cor 3

See also the Sermon on the Mount, where Jesus said several times...the law says this, but I tell you...

That's because a much better righteousness was coming - the Kingdom of God, found in the Holy Spirit.

Same sermon, Jesus said if your righteousness does not exceed that of the Pharisees, you will and no way enter the kingdom of God. he later said seek the kingdom of God and his righteousness, in the same sermon. He said seek, ask, knock. Luke made this very clear that he was talking about the gift of the Holy Spirit.

In John chapter 4, Jesus told the woman at the well The Living Water would flow from anyone who drink of the water he offered. Later, in Chapter 7 John made it very clear that he was talking about the Holy Spirit who had not yet been given.

Jesus said the kingdom of God is among you. How? because righteousness was among them.

the kingdom of God is God willing in his people, who are righteous. Sinless. Perfect. That's why Jesus said be perfect as your father in Heaven is perfect.