1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The KJV, An article by Daniel B. Wallace

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Craigbythesea, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Askjo, As much as I am absolutely sure that you are sincere in your delusion, please at least try to post something that in some way masquerades as proof.

The fact that you call a fellow Christian a name then go on simply to rest on the authority of nothing but your own unqualified opinion to call him "wrong" and "dishonest" is simply a further proof of the complete futility of your position on versions.

If you don't understand what the man believes then ask or read... disagreeing with you doesn't make him wrong... disagreeing with the facts would but you never cite any.

2. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Do you agree with Psalm145 3 talking about Daniel Wallace?

3. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Askjo said:

I disagree with Daniel's articles. I realize that he is a naturalistic scholar because he denies the Biblical inspiration.

Daniel quoted: the Greek text which stands behind the King James Bible is demonstrably inferior in certain places.

Biblical inspiration is not limited to KJV inspiration, in English or any other language.

4. Askjo

Askjo New Member

The KJV inspiration is the Ruckmanism. [​IMG]

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If one believes David Cloud, a proven unreliable source of information on a broad spectrum of topics, one will get a skewed idea of reality.

I'd look for some factual and unbiased sources if it were me.

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Could you give us the name of that Greek text because of I am not aware that Dan Wallace has produced any Greek text.

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Some have become gods to themselves. They are the absolute standard. They are the absolute standard of precision but not accuracy.

Kind of reminds me of the stuff that dairy farmers shovel each day.

8. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Nothing, it is the dishonesty of Cloud and those who quote him that is distressing. Cloud does not understand the basics. IF he did, he would agree with Wallace. The fact that you agree with Cloud shows that you do not understand and unfortunately are not willing to listen to those who do. STudy the issue and you will see that what Wallace said is right.

And there is this continued lie that doctrines are affected. As many times as this charge has been made, there has been an utter failure to actually show these alleged changes. Why? If this doctrine has been changed, then you should be able to show it. But not one person has managed to show an actual doctrinal change. Telling, isn't it? It should be.

9. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do I agree with what he posted? No. From what I have read (including his own writings) Dr Wallace is biblical and orthodox in his doctrine on scripture.

Actually though Psalm 145:3 didn't say anything. He posted stuff that Cloud said. David Cloud has demonstrated that he is not a trustworthy source for information. In fact, he has demonstrated that he is willing to distort facts or even lie to support his contentions.

Cloud shouldn't be trusted by anyone, even KJVO's, until he repents and apologizes for past behavior. In a way, he is more insidious than Riplinger, Ruckman, Gipp, et al. They are obviously ridiculous. He is far more subtle and sucks in even some folks with a respectable degree of discernment.

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    askjo, can you tell me someone who takes the time and discipline to write and publish a book without the hope of a monetary return? Wallace, Cloud, Ruckman or Riplinger?

HankD