1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Last Supper was not the Passover Meal

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If it were the Passover Jesus and His disciples ate, why then don't you keep the Passover for Holy Communion?

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As my good old friend - now passed away - always said (in English the old Boer!) - "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still."

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Exodus 13:7 Unleavened bread shall be eaten seven days; and there shall no leavened bread be seen with thee, neither shall there be leaven seen with thee in all thy quarters.
    DHK

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Please accept my apologies for this mistake: "fohmion" in stead of "psohmion".
    Thanks!

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Leaven was forbidden DURING, Passover's season of seven days of "without-leaven", correct!

But to get into that status of 'unleavenedness', there had to be, and there was, prescribed, the certain and only day upon which leaven had to be removed -- Nisan 14. Now the Law also prescribed thAt on Nisan 14, the passover lamb must be KILLED.

Then the Law further prescribed that during the following night of Nisan 15, BOTH the lamb and the unleavened bread must be EATEN, and TOGETHER.

I am not talking of anything DURING the seven days or OF the seven days of Unleavened Bread; I talk of its "Preparation-day" --John 19:14.

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK (26 Aug):
    "Luk 22:11 And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?"

GE:
    Marshall: "Where is the guestroom (pou estin to kataluma) where the passover with the disciples of me (hopou to pascha meta tohn mathehtohn mou I MAY EAT (fagoh)" --- subjunctive / conditional -- as a preparation FOR passover --- "and they prepared FOR passover" (13b)
    Greek Accusative equivalent for "FOR" passover. Verse eleven contains NO indicative statement, "I shall ..."; it is an unfortunate mistake which later translators must have noticed but for their own agenda just ignored.