1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured the mark of the beast

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope, just as worshipping on sunday is not either!

When that time actually comes, theChurch shall be long gone, and those here saved by God shall be kept from that...

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So which number, 616 or 666, does your interpretation/doctrine go with?

#22 kyredneck, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2015
  3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All kidding aside let get serious. Consider what I say and the and the Lord giveth thee understanding in all things... Those of the Calvinist brethren mindset will understand this more than the other brethren I feel... This author states significant textual evidence supports that the indefinite article "a" was added, apart from the original letter. Read here without that article: "Let him that understandeth count the number of the beast: for it is the number of man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. The number may be meant to indicate not an individual, but a persistent falling short. John will then be saying that unregenerate man is persistently evil. He bears the mark of the beast in all he does. Scripture also states in I Corinthians 15:32 Paul fought with the beast of Ephesus... Question since their is no mention of Paul ever being thrown in the arena and if there is please correct me if I'm wrong... This beast he fought after the manner of men had to be a two legged one instead of a four legged one. No different then those superstitious stoics and epicureans he incountered on Mars Hill... He was raised under the feet of Gamaliel as Saul of Tarsus and knew how to fight this beast because he walked the walk and talked the talk... So who was the beast Paul fought at Ephesus?... Brother Glen

#24 tyndale1946, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2015
  5. JohnDBaptiste

JohnDBaptiste Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was going to say...

This is far too serious a matter to mock so glibly.

Think about it, whatever your eschatological hobby horse, without 666 no one can buy or sell. More than likely this will be used to track down the people who will not accept the mark.

Who would that people be?

6. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We deal with Walmart every day at work. We refer to Wal-Mart as "The Great Satan."

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk