1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The ME fallacy's false inheritance

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Sigh.... You said no it doesn't but failed to back that up. that is not using scripture. Mine or anyone elses

2. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

So . . . let me get this straight. Whoever posts the scripture first gets to claim that his interpretation of said scripture is infallible.

Is that about right?

3. KSeeker

KSeeker New Member

(HEBREWS 2 : 1-4)
    1 Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.

2 For if the word spoken by angels was steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompense of reward;

3 how shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

HEBREWS 3 :14-19
    14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast unto the end;

15 while it is said,
    Today if ye will hear his voice,
    harden not your hearts, as in the provocation. Ps. 95.7, 8

16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.

17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcasses fell in the wilderness?

18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not? Num. 14.1-35

19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

HEBREWS 4:1
    1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

HEBREWS 6:9-20
    9 ¶ But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labor of love, which ye have showed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

11 And we desire that every one of you do show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

12 that ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

13 ¶ For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,

14 saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee. Gen. 22.16, 17

15 And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.

16 For men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife.

17 Wherein God, willing more abundantly to show unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:

18 that by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

19 which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Lev. 16.2

20 whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made a high priest for ever after the order of Melchiz'edek. Ps. 110.4

Okay...Explain these passages if one cannot LOSE their inheritance!?!

4. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

1) You are a Catholic purgatory teaching whatchamacallit!!

2) You NEVER post scripture.

3) You really believe that works saves you and that everyone but yourself is going to Hell!

4) You keep avoiding/sidestepping the issue, question, etc.

5) [personal attack deleted]

Just thought I'd save them the trouble of answering your post. :)

Please keep the rhetoric down Lacy.

#24 Lacy Evans, Aug 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2007
  5. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Did Esau's inheritance fade away, or did someone else get it?

6. KSeeker

KSeeker New Member

1.NEVER POST SCRIPTURE?? That was the majority of my last post!!! haha...

2.I believe that i am eternally secured and saved by the grace of God through Faith in Christ Jesus!! I personally do not believe that anyman will spend an eternity in "HELL" (1 Tim 4:10, Phil 2:9-11>>Rom. 10:13,...etc) But I don't care to debate this issue..

3. You call my doctrine "idiotic, heresey, ludicrous, dumb, and stupid" >>
    (Matthew 7:1-2) 1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Mk. 4.24
    I fear for you at the Judgement Seat...

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Welcome the BBoard KSeeker.
    I notice in your profile that you have not listed Baptist as your church or as your denomination. This is a Baptist Only forum. There are other forums where you are able to post. As per your agreement when you registered here will you please post in those areas.

8. KSeeker

KSeeker New Member

I have spent 20 years in the southern baptist denomination...i attend a baptist church presently. I do not call myself BAPTIST because i am not a follower of the Baptist denomination...I am a follower of CHRIST therefore I am a Chritian who attends a Baptist church. I could see why you would think that i'm not a baptist, seeing how i speculate that All man will be saved one day...but i believe this because of my own personal study, and not what the southern baptist literature has taught.

#28 KSeeker, Aug 13, 2007
  9. standingfirminChrist

You have spent 20 years in the Southern Baptist denomination and are currently attending a Baptist Church, yet your profile says none for Church?

A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

10. KSeeker

KSeeker New Member

Is it not my choice whether or not i make my home church public? What is more important here? my church attendance (which is great..i'm am always at my church when the doors are open) or the word of God?
    What is CHURCH anyway? i go to church on Sunday morning and Sunday night...to a building...but i also attend a bible study with app. 20 members on a Monday night...in someone's house.
    I consider my Mon. night bible study CHURCH also..

11. standingfirminChrist

I guess all on the BB are to abide by the BB rules but KSeeker?

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

"I attend a Baptist Church presently."
    Either you do or you don't. Your profile under "home church" is "none."
    Why the deception? If you attend a Baptist Church your profile must indicate it or you must post in the Non-Baptist forums. Did you read the rules before you clicked that button that said "I agree"?

13. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Forgive me. Can someone explain to Kseeker that I agree with him and was overtaken by a fit of sarcasm.

The same sarcasm that I often despise in others. I apologize.

Love Lacy

14. 2 Timothy2:1-4

I have no idea how you reached that conclusion out of my post. What jump did was to say "no it doesn't" and left it at that except to go on to make another point not relevant to the thread.

15. 2 Timothy2:1-4

The context of this passage is eternal salvation as is indicated by "begotten us again".

The inheritance is again eternal salvation. And to call this inheritance the millenium is to say that it cannot be lost under any circumstances.

This inheritance is reserved not on earth but in heaven and kept by the power of God not by our works. This inheritance will come to full realization when we are in complete redemption at the return of Christ for His church.

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

According to Joey Faust, the founder and disseminator of your aberrant theology, there are three types of Christians: the cold, the hot, and the lukewarm.
    Those that are hot are those that are faithful having good works right to the end of their lives. When the rapture occurs they will stand before Christ at the JSOC, and the Kingdom will be rewarded unto them.
    Then there are the cold--Christians, but rebellious Christians. These Christians are also raptured at the same time--pre-trib, pre-mil. They will stand before Christ at the JSOC, and because of their rebelliousness on earth will be rewarded with a thousand years of torment during the MK.
    Then we have a third group: the Lukewarm--they are neither cold nor hot. They will not be raptured. Their punishment is to endure the wrath of God throughout the Great Tribulation. And shall they endure to the end they shall be saved (physically) and inherit the kingdom.
    The trouble with all this man-made philosophy is that it is not Scriptural. It is a philosophy. One definition of philosophy is a vain man's imagination. But you surely won't find these ideas in Scipture. You will find them on Faust's website, however. At the expense of using the word heretical it is the most aberrant theology I have ever heard, and yet still have the intestinal fortitude to call himself Baptist.

Man shall not live by imagination alone, but by every word of God.

17. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Why not provide the link so folk can judge Joey's arguments for themselves. Your commentary while scintillating is at best second-hand.

http://www.kingdombaptist.org/kb2/index.cfm?filename=raptureverygood

For the reading pleasure of the discerning ME basher.

(Edited: fixed the link)

Doesn't seem as dogmatic as your paintbrush paints it.

#37 Lacy Evans, Aug 13, 2007
  18. npetreley

npetreley New Member

You'll find a lot more on the web site, most of which is convoluted nonsense, even when it doesn't have anything to do with ME.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I summed up what I read in my own words without making any direct quotes.
    As per the OP, the Bible says that we are (present tense) heirs of God and joint heirs with Jesus Christ. You answer the question:
    What is our inheritance? And then answer: Why would our inheritance be taken away from a believer? There is no foundation in Scripture for that.

20. npetreley

npetreley New Member

LOL! Faust doesn't even get the rapture breakdown right in the link Lacy provided. Pre-wrath is essentially the same as post-trib, not mid-trib, as Faust has it. The only "big" difference between pre-wrath and post-trib is when the great tribulation ends. Post-trib says the great tribulation will last 3 1/2 years. Pre-wrath projects the great tribulation to last as much as 3 1/2 years but will be cut short by an unknown amount.

In addition, just like any fool with a barrel-organ that plays only one tune, he treats the (false) doctrine of imminency as though it is speaking about millennial exclusion!! In 2 Thes, Faust identifies they/them as lazy believers, and the Thessalonians as believers with good works, which is why the day will not overtake them as a thief. Unfortunately, this is about "surprise" not about how good you are. The reason they won't be surprised is because they're believers, not because they're good belivers. Even if one does not agree, the doctrine of imminency is destroyed by ANYONE ("good" believers, or just believers) who is not surprised. Duh.

I congratulation Lacy on his choice of "samples" of Faust. Most telling, indeed.

#40 npetreley, Aug 13, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.