The Original Tea Room

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by following-Him, Jun 17, 2006.

1. following-Him Active Member

That is great :)
    So good that you and the mom have similar interests too. The garden has kept me quite busy this year but I am hoping to have more time for knitting and learning to crochet this autumn. :)

2. following-Him Active Member

By canning do you mean preserving as in making jams and jellies? I have made my redcurrant jelly for Christmas as well as some other jams and a batch of Apple Butter. Yesterday I made my first batch of tomato soup using tomatoes from the garden. :)

3. abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I mean preserving. Good for you for making some jams and jellies, and the soup! I find it so satisfying to preserve food and cook from scratch.

4. following-Him Active Member

Hi abc :)

So sorry I missed your reply. Yes, I love to cook from scratch. I think it tastes better and it is good to know what is going into the recipes. I quite often cut down on the amount of sugar I put into recipes. I still have two pumpkins to find a home for. I have made soups and frozen purees and now I am searching for cake and muffin recipes. My largest home grown pumpkin measures some 52" round its middle!! :laugh:
    Now that is a lot of pumpkin soup!

5. Dan Todd Active Member

Howdy all you tea room persons.

Sitting at my computer after eating too much on Thursday - but still had a great time with my wife, mother, siblings, and their spouses.

Keep drinking tea.

Dan Todd - not here often - but still alive.:tongue3:

6. following-Him Active Member

Hello Dan,

It is good to see you posting. Welcome Back!

7. abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It looks like we may have an early spring here this year. It won't be long before I start some seeds growing indoors!

8. following-Him Active Member

It is good to see you posting here. What are you planning on planting?

9. abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I want to have some pots of herbs indoors as I have a nice sunny room that will be perfect for that. I've had good luck with mint and oregano, not so much with chives. Outside, if we plant anything, we'll have to fence it or the deer will eat it all. I'd like to have some tomatoes, summer squash and zucchini, and maybe some green beans. I want to try rosemary again outside, too.

We have so many squirrels and deer and birds here at our new house. My oldest saw a pair of bluebirds in the back yard yesterday. This is so much nicer than living in town!

Are you going to garden this summer?

10. Gwen Active Member

I don't grow any veggies because we don't have enough sun, but I really enjoy gardening.My daffodils are up and should be blooming soon. We are blessed with an early spring here in Atlanta! I've been outside enjoying the warm weather and the sunshine, and working in the flower beds. Some new things I'm trying this year are bluebells, hollyhocks, and bleeding heart. Can't wait to see them bloom!!

ABC, your new place sounds really nice!

11. following-Him Active Member

Our daffodils are going over now. I love them but once their season is over they do make the garden look untidy and I get impatient for them to die back so that I can trim them or mow over them.

The greenhouse is full to overflowing and I am now planting out lettuce plants and sowing salad seeds - beetroot, radish etc. I have also planted red onion sets because we like them and they can be so expensive in the supermarket. This is the third year of my new herb bed and it is establishing really well. As it was formally an old pond with a concrete base I am really pleased with the transformation. I have dug out most of the grape hyacinth and edged the bed with marjoram and thyme, most of which I propogated myself. The germination of my tomatoes has not been so successful this year - which is a shame, but I have plenty for us and some for sharing. That is how gardening should be.

Blessings

following-Him :) :flower: