1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The other "Don't ask - Don't tell"

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Sep 27, 2011.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 7

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
    17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
    18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
    19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
    20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.​

If we are born of the Spirit and are walking in the Spirit producing the fruit of the Spirit, we can't help but to witness to the world even without saying a word.​

Galatians 5
    22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
    23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
    24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
    25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.​

These qualities are from God above, earthy flesh cannot mimic them, even when carnal humanity tries, it fails.​

People can argue about the existence of God but these qualities cannot be denied that they are from a source other than the earth.​

Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.​

HankD​

2. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Right on...!!!:thumbsup:

3. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

maybe its because we are living Epistles to be read by others, and they don't like what they are reaeding from us?

peter makes it that we will be giving others the fruit/evodence of a life lived for Christ, and that God will use that witness to enable than a spoken witness!

Our faithful lives will grant an opportunity to be heard by them, but might be tht our actions/deeds out shout what we are speaking to them!

4. billwald

billwald New Member

>We have gotten so far away that we do not believe Jesus in us can heal.

In Jesus' time doctors could do little more than set broken bones and prescribe pain killers. It's like the story about the guy sitting on his roof during a flood . . . you all must have read it someplace.

5. billwald

billwald New Member

Matthew 7

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
    17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
    18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
    19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
    20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

AMEN! And when Moslems and Hindus do good works?

6. JesusFan

Just a question for you fal...

What stage of your walk did you pass from sinning to sinless perfection with the lord?

7. JesusFan

Sorry, the multitudes came to jesus to be physically healed by him, but when He tried to spiritually heal them......

We preach the Gospel, no need for jesus to heal...

he can, as its always His choice, not a requirement nor the norm!

8. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I still contend that a lot of people don't do personal witnessing out of fear that they'll say something wrong.

My suggestion to them: Simply tell what happened when the Lord saved you.

Further, if you're willing to do that, God will send people your way to hear it.

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm- it is no secret at my secular job that I am a Christian.(past 4 years)
    Just a few weeks ago -one of my bosses told me she attends a weekly
    Bible study. Wonder why it took so long for her to tell me?

10. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, billwald, another one I've missed. Never quite understood why he was banned but see now he's listed as a 'new member'.

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 6
    28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
    29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Galatians 5
    22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
    23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

HankD