The Other Gospel Of Tongues

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by HopefulNChrist, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    it really states to be refilled now, and to continually keep on being refilled!

2. Joined:
    Sep 27, 2018
    Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    John 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Here is the promise for all those that come to and believe in Him in regards to that promise in John 7:37-39.

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

So how can there be any refilling of His Presence and Power continually if His words are to be true that we shall not seek such a supernatural filling after we had been saved?

3. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing to do with being refilled though, as all saved have that passaage already applied towards them!

4. JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because we get thirsty, tired, and weak spiritually...we seek to drink from the Fount to be restored and experience His presence afresh!

5. Joined:
    Sep 27, 2018
    Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Those left behind as reprobates or as disqualified, are still saved, because God has made the New Covenant and He will not break it; His seed shall remain forever, but not every saved believer will be found abiding in Him as His disciples and so as the church is supposed to excommunicate unrepentant believers, so will God do as the Bridegroom at the pre great trib rapture.

Those unrepentant believers and the former believers that have His seal ARE NOT excluded from entering into the millennium kingdom BECAUSE they are the ones serving the King of kings at various places from all over the new earth where there is no more sea in raising up the coming generations. They will reign as priests and kings; and that means they will be marrying in setting the examples for others in the coming generations. They have to teat from the tree of life in the city of God. The power of the second death has no hold over them, but apparently, the first death still does for why they need access to the tree of life.

The firstfruits of the resurrection are like the angels in Heaven that can never die. They have a place in the city of God as promised. Their homes are in that city of God that will come down from heaven and dwell among men after the great tribulation.

There is a glorified celestial inheritance which is the firstfruits. The vessels of gold and silver. the vessels unto honor. that lives forever like the angels and lives in the city of God.

Then there is a glorified terrestrial inheritance which is they that be Christ at His coming; is the vessels of wood and earth; that the power of the second death has no hold over them as they "represent" the city of God from various places all over the world in raising up the generations in that millennium reign of Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.....35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? 36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: 37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: 38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body. 39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds. 40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. 41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory. 42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

That is why the call is given to all believers, even former believers, to depart from iniquity so they too can obtain the eternal glory that comes with our salvation in Christ Jesus which is to be that vessel unto honor; that celestial inheritance.

2 Timothy 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. 11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself...…….18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

Do read the scriptures before responding, brother, because I am not preaching ME at all when those left behind are not excluded from the millennium, but neither do they have the same inheritance as the firstfruits of the resurrection.

Luke 20:34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: 35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: 36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

6. Joined:
    Sep 27, 2018
    Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There are no passages testifying to the urgency from Paul for believers to seek a continual infilling of the Spirit. That is plain.

7. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When jesus comes in the Rapture/Second Coming, ALL who have ever been saved up until that point in time will go up and be resurrected/glorified, for the ONLY 2 things he will look for will be were the sins washed by his blood, and were they sealed and marked out by the Holy Spirit of promise? How obedient must one be in order to make it per you. no unconfessed sins, just small ones, sinless state or what?

8. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are, but your wrong theology blinds you to them!

9. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even those who have no eternal rewards will go up with jesus!

10. Joined:
    Sep 27, 2018
    Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Our physical bodies gets that way; the Holy Spirit in us does not. He is with us always for why we are not to grieve the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

If He could leave us, then there would be no way to grieve Him, now would there be?

Do you believe Jesus is with us and in us always or not?

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth....20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Then you should not be preaching what you are preaching.

Do you pray in tongues, brother? I know you are registered as Baptist, but I am beginning to wonder about you. Were you Pentecostal/Charismatic before you became a Baptist or what?

Ephesians 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. 25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

Putting on the new man is hardly seeking to be infilled supernaturally of the Holy Spirit; so speak truth, brother. Do you pray in tongues which was gained by that infilling of the Holy Spirit which happened separate from salvation? If so, I would judge what you are preaching as the same gospel of tongues that I am preaching against as there can be no receiving any more of the Holy Spirit apart from salvation. The other event apart from salvation is real, but it is not of Him at all.

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

You have received Jesus Christ. There is no more receiving of the Holy Ghost because there is no more receiving of Jesus.

11. Joined:
    Sep 27, 2018
    Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you think a believer can live in unrepentant sin, and even though the church should have excommunicated him, don't think that God will not do it at the pre great trib rapture. There is more than the risk of losing crowns; and you know it. Paul says even he can become a castaway if he did not run that race by looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help him lay aside every weight & sin.

Any unrepentant iniquity of the believer or just being a former believer that remains, they will be denied by Him, but even though the ones that do not believe in Him any more, He still abides, but woe be to any that fall into the hands of the living God, they will be left behind... there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. The prodigal son will lose his inheritance by that wild living.

12. JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, i do not pray in Tongues.
    I'm a born-again, blood bought child of God.

I'm not talking about receiving the Holy Spirit again...i'm talking about "being filled" with the Spirit of God.

1 Thes. 5:19--Do not quench the Spirit;

13. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The blood of Jesus has washed away and atoned for all of our sins, pas t/preent/future, but the Christian who lives in such a fashion as into known sin and refusing to deal with it will have God chaistisement unto Him, even to the point of death itself, and lossof eternal rewards. but does not affect wether they go up or not!

14. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He seems to hold with some type of either sinless perfection , or else overcoming, as only those "worthy" will be saved in the end!

15. JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea, i'm noticing his doctrine is off, seems odd. Can't put my finger on it.

16. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He seems to be saying that unless we have reach a certain threashold of obedience to jesus, that we can be excluded form the rapture, from being raised up and glorified, can even face loss of salvation by beiong a "castaway"

17. Joined:
    Sep 27, 2018
    Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is good. Glad to hear it. You had me wondering though.

As are those who have gone astray in the Pentecostal/Charismatic movement.

You are coming across as saying the same thing. You cannot fill yourself with the Holy Ghost if you already have Him. There is no such thing as having a little bit of the Holy Ghost or a lot of the Holy Ghost. You are Spirit-filled as a testimony that you have been saved by Jesus Christ. Coming across as a leaky vessel is contrary to His promise in Matthew 9:17 as well as thirsting and hungering to be filled as going against His promise in John 6:35.

Did you know that we have received the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost?

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. 25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

So do we need to get more of the Son and more of the Father as well? No. Spirit-filled means you are saved. Needing to be infilled by the Holy Spirit means you are not saved; you are a leaky vessel unable to hold the wine aka the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

18. Joined:
    Sep 27, 2018
    Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    By the grace of God, I have been keeping the faith in Jesus Christ and the traditions taught of us in regards to the calling of the gospel.

You are preaching something that can easily bring about a slain in the spirit event and the holy laughter movement when believers seek an infilling of the Holy Spirit to "refresh" them supernaturally.

God will do His work without reneging on His promise of us being always Spirit-filled so that we would not make the Father look evil by seeking a continual infilling of the Holy Ghost after our salvation.

Tell you what: hear this video that is saying the same thing as you are saying, but listen to him admitting to himself in being that leaky vessel. That is what I am opposing and why I am opposing because to be forever indwelled by the Holy Spirit is Spirit-filled. There is no other calling for a believer to seek after, let alone an infilling of the Spirit.

Matthew 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

19. HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why then the message to the 7 churches of the Revelation?

John again under the inspiration of the Spirit wrote to these sinning (5 of them anyway) and floundering churches.

Revelation 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

20. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We do quench and grieve the Holy Spirt at times, is that always being Spirit filled? We sin at times, is that being Spirit filled?