1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The popular TV Video series "The Chosen".....

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by CalTech, May 28, 2022.

1. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Greetings,

It would seem that there are three "Biblical Consultants" on staff who are to make sure of "biblical authenticity" while writing the script.

The Three consultants are: Catholic Fr. David Guffey "Family Theater Productions", Rabbi Jason Sobel "Fusion Global Ministries", and Dr. Doug Huffman "Talbot School of Theology"

Here is the link to watch the discussion with Dallas Jenkins:

Also I have discovered that Dallas Jenkins, Director and co-writer, of "The Chosen" and the actor that plays Jesus, Jonathan Roumie, a "devout Catholic" had a meeting with the Pope back in Aug of 2021, less than a year ago.

Jonathan Roumie asked the Pope to "bless his Rosaries" Roumie, a Catholic convert who believes his "Catholic Faith" lays the foundation of his portrayal of Jesus, always dreamed of meeting the Pope one day.

Dallas Jenkins had this to say about "meeting" the Pope, a quote from the "Religious News Service" "“Meeting the Pope was a lovely experience, but more important to me is that it represents the growth the show is experiencing with people of different faith traditions than my own, and in other countries. I didn’t expect that, but when we focus on Jesus, walls break down, cultural and religious.”

Here is the link of that meeting with the Pope last year:

It is obvious that this "series" is an Ecumenical tool. How do you feel that a "born-again" Christian stating that meeting with the "Pope" was a "lovely experience"? Does not our Lord and His Apostles teach us not to fraternize with the Anti-Christ system?
    I could never stand before this man who represents a false Christ, could you?

What are your thoughts about this?

The Lord bless you.....
    In His Love......

2. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no problem with reaching out to people in other Christian denominations. However, I have no respect for the pope. I even have some Catholic friends & family members who can't stand this pope. Can't help but notice the absence of Protestants in the consultants.

• Like Like x 2
  3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Lodic complained . . .
    You had pointed out that there was one Protestant consultant by name.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Greetings,

Thank you for the clarification.........and you were correct! Thank you for catching that!
    How do you feel about this extra information? What are your thoughts?

The Lord bless you...
    In His Love....

7. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

I would strongly and boldly warn that "babes in Christ" and the unlearned should not watch this "series". There is far more darkness behind this series, as I have discovered, I shall provide, what I have found! I would not support nor promote this piece of imaginative "art" work.

The Lord bless you....

• Like Like x 1
  9. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

Okay, thank you for the information, but how does that affect your views concerning Dallas Jenkins appearing before the Pope?
    That is a very serious and dangerous compromise to the Gospel of the Lord and the teachings of His Apostles.

This information makes me question the convictions of Mr. Huffman, by him accepting to be a consultant with a "Catholic Priest" on a "project".

The Lord bless you....
    In His Love....

• Like Like x 1
  10. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It does not change mine. Matthew 23:9.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

Okay, I see you stand against the production "The Chosen" because of it's ecumenical compromises, and to some degree a False Gospel, a False Christ?

The Lord bless you
    In His Love....

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes.
    That I do not know. If their fictionalization is doing that, yes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The wife and I have watched both seasons 2 or 3 times. We've bought the Season 1 DVD set if I remember correctly.

I don't mind the backstories to the characters as it is made plain by Dallas that it's extra stuff for entertainment.

We both like it a lot so far. I'm constantly vigilant for any woke junk to creep in as it does to most modern sintertainment. So far though I am pleasantly surprised.

I haven't found anything Unbiblical in it, just some Extrabiblical (I .E backstories). A typical episode will result in the wife and I discussing what was shown in it, so it prompts good Bible discussions.

Overall I recommend it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  15. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Very leery of anything down and put on by the Lds cult!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

And rightly so......we need to remember that the "founder of the LDS" was a Mason! And THAT explains it all!
    The Bible teaches us NOT TO have ANY ties or Associations with evil and those who practice it and promotes it!
    We are instructed to separate from those that teach another doctrine and we are NOT to follow those nor work with those who do! To do so is rebellion against the ONE TRUE GOD!

Psa 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
    Psa 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
    Psa 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
    Psa 1:4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
    Psa 1:5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
    Psa 1:6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

Rom_6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
    Rom_16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

Eph_4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

1Ti_1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,
    1Ti_1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

AMEN!

The Lord bless you.....
    In His Love....

17. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Greetings,

I have an update regarding the 1st Season Episode 5 section that is regarding the Wedding at Cana, where Jesus turns the water into the best wine.
    The section of this video which has a major misleading of scriptures, giving the viewer a "false impression" on the importance of Jesus Mother, Mary.

Here is the Link:

Start at the :46 second of the minute section of the video until the 1:51 minute. This is where Mary informs Jesus the wine is gone, and is pleading that something most be done. They have taken "artistic freedoms" in "adding" to the scriptures, and Jesus informs her, "my time has not yet come". Yet the scriptures state this:

Joh 2:3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.
    Joh 2:4 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.

Joh 2:5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.

As you watch the video, she pleads with Jesus to do as she ask's so the family having the wedding will not be humiliated. Jesus can be seen as "giving in" to her pleading, which is NOT what the scriptures intimate too.
    When one reads the scriptures one can plainly see that Jesus informs her, that He only works a miracle at the Will of the Father, not my anyone else, even His Mother. However the film does NOT portray this, they make it as if Jesus gives into His Mother's pleas which is outright a Major falsehood. Why, you may ask?

How they are portraying this scene is according to the Catholic view, of the "Holy Mother of Mary" who intercedes on behalf of the people to influence Jesus in answering Her prayers!

Here is a direct quote from the "catholicstand.com" website, which describes EXACTLY what is taking place in this scene in the video!

"The simple answer is that Mary’s intercession is more powerful than anybody else’s, but that just pushes the question back a step. If she is such a powerful intercessor, why is that so? Why are her prayers more effective than those of any other saint? There are a few ways we can approach this issue, but I want to focus on just one: Mary is our queen, and the Bible teaches that our king, Jesus, won’t refuse her."

We do realize that this "Mary is our Queen" beliefism is actually a pagan goddess.

Here is a quote from the website: Paganism and Mary | Paganism and Catholicism

"Catholicism has declared Mary the sinless queen of heaven. This is not Biblical doctrine, but instead reflects pagan goddess worship."

Here is a link to an interview that took place with Jonathan Roumie interviewed by Andy Steiger's utube channel where he explains the Catholic position on this scene form "The Chosen"! It is proof that this is inserting major doctrinal heresy into this series.
    Start at the 26:10 minute of the video, it ends around 29:43.

Also Jonathan Roumie, describes how he "prepare's" for this role, in essence he is channeling, which is "demonic". That starts at the 32:00 minute sequence and ends about the 35:00 minute sequence. In another video where he is interviewed he actually uses the word "Channeling", I will try and locate that one also. "Channeling" is a New Age method by actor/actress to get in touch with spiritual "energy" or angels.....this is witchcraft.

So how can this "series" be taken seriously as presenting the One True Gospel of Jesus Christ and His Apostles, when they are inserting "pagan ideals" and Idolatry within the Gospel?

What are your thoughts concerning this?

The Lord bless you...
    In His Love.....

#37 CalTech, Jun 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  18. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Mormonism has had a large occultist and pagan background since the start!

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IMO that scene is in line with scripture. Mary did ask Jesus to turn water into wine. Even if folks disagree and say this scene is bad, this is a Bible-based series, but it is not the Bible, nor is it intended as a replacement for it as Dallas has said countless times.

In modernity where every TV show is absolute filth except for Duck Dynasty and The Chosen, I will take the show I agree with 90% of the time over the modern filth that I agree with 5% of the time. Or to paraphrase Mark 9:38-41, we're on the same team.

The LDS have 0 creative impact on the show, and I would place the LDS solidly in the "not the same team camp".

The Catholics are 90% in the "not the same team camp" with 10% or less of them misguidedly with the 'catholic church' despite being born-again IMO. I would not be surprised if Johnathan Roumie was in that 10% group.

I think God has opened doors for this series in this particular time for a reason and we should see how it plays out just as God used the printing press to further His Word and Will.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

That scene is NOT in line with scripture....period.
    Then I can truly see I could have no fellowship with you since you side with those who are pushing an ecumenical agenda.

That's All.