1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The popular TV Video series "The Chosen".....

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by CalTech, May 28, 2022.

1. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Easy there Francis."
    You must, by this legalism, reject every movie or tv show that revolves around the Bible. You must reject every passion play and Christmas play. All take artistic license.

The question is whether the license compromises the theology of Christ Jesus as Sovereign Lord. In watching all the episodes I have not found one that caused me to reject the theology being expressed (we will see if that continues in season 3). The worst episode was the Christmas special. It came close to venerating Mary and that certainly made me uncomfortable. The episode you reference with the marriage at Cana does not compromise the authority of Christ.
    Will you abandon fellowship with your brother because you have a legalistic opinion that cannot see past the sotted i and crossed t?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

Then I have nothing to say to you, for you are wanting in discernment. It makes a mockery of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and does push the "Queen of Heaven" agenda, and it is NOT legalism......it is separating from those that do NOT teach correct doctrine. And Yes, I do have a problem with ALL entertainment with the so-called Gospel message. Look at the people who directed or were involved with them, many Mason's, and Roman Catholic's.....Period.

In His Love......

3. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Honestly, read your own words and note that you are being graceless. Indeed, you have shut down discernment in your own person and instead replaced it with a judgmental spirit that is not from God's Spirit. Check yourself. When you end with "In His Love" you are being dishonest. You are speaking "in your flesh."

4. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

Not according to the Lord's Word.
    Those who stand for the truth, will always meet up with resistance, why? Because they Love not the truth, and the truth offends them.
    I always mean what I say, I do everything in His Love, and that means to be bold against false teaching.
    Thank you, and this conversation with you is at an end.......

In His Love.......

5. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    We may meet resistance when we are shining the light in a dark world. That is not what you are doing here. No martyr complex can be had here, Cal.
    Feel free to hold your opinion about the show, but your legalism and judgmental spirit against your brothers should be pause for you to discern your own spirit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

Yes, I know I've been shining the light into the dark world of compromise.

Also nothing I have written is based upon personal opinion, no Christian has any right to base their decisions on their personal opinion. Everything I have stated and revealed is only based upon the Lord and His Apostles teachings and the Holy Spirit's discernment.....which is called FACT.

Anything not based upon those facts is worthless, they hold no water.

And due to the blindness of not being able to see that light, I need to be more empathetic towards those who are immature in regards to the Lord's Ways because the Lord has of yet granted the Holy Spirit to give them a revelation of Who He is and What He expects.
    On the other hand those who are caught in the fleshly traditions of men after the pattern of the rudiments of the world they will compromise the truth while in their blindness and ignorant of doing so.

The Lord states this:
    2Ti_2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
    2Ti 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
    2Ti 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

I have given scriptures which support and back up my findings regarding the heretical teachings being broadcasted to millions around the world. And some just do not give any scriptures to back up their weak and divisive rhetoric.

I forgive your ignorance and immature views of what the Lord has stated is not His Doctrine.
    Because He states, we have every Holy and Righteous standing to Oppose those that spread an ecumenical agenda, for wicked purposes. I shall not be moved, because the Lord has said, we can judge what fruits are being produced from wrong and harmful doctrine's.

Mat_7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
    Mat_7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
    Mat_7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
    Mat_12:33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

"The Chosen" produces bad fruit from a corrupt tree.

I pray the Lord will will grant you repentance to see the truth of what you believe, because it is not supported by Him and His Word.

The Lord bless you...
    In His Love....

#46 CalTech, Jun 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  7. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    From your later responses … you really only want to know who agrees with your hatred of it. :(

8. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Greetings,

No I just desire to see who is mature in the ways of the Lord, and to discuss what they sense by this show, after all we are to point our what is dangerous and not acceptable to be promoted. For if we promote something that is not brought about by the Lord and His Holy Spirit.....then what spirit is behind it?
    For we are taught to warn all to be wary of those who try to bring in a false Doctrine to lead person's to a disastrous end. That is True Godly Love......

We are taught by the Lord and His Apostles to hate anything that is not of the truth, because it's desire is to deceive the masses. And the Lord desires not His Children to be deceived....is that not correct?

The Lord bless you....
    In His Love.....

10. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

I have viewed this, and he is lying, I have bookmarked everything that proves he is lying. No one who is with the Mormon cult is a true born again believer, for if they were, they are commanded to separate themselves from them.
    Plain and simple.....and why would Dallas Jenkins allow himself to meet with the most wicked leader of the RCC cult, such as the Pope?
    We are informed NOT to keep any type of company with heretic's and those who hate the Gospel and preach a false Gospel at that.

Thank you for your concern but it is unfounded.

The Lord bless you....
    In His Love....

11. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cal, you ooze with pride in your post here. I am sure in your zeal to call yourself mature and removed from the world that you do not see the sin that oozes from you. I have nothing more to say regarding this. May God's grace shine upon you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

Finally.......silence and no scriptures to back up his false accusations......who is the dishonest one here......

Good bye....

13. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

Also do you know of his father, Jerry Jenkins and his long history with his loving support of Billy Graham and his association with questionable member's of the CNP, the "moonies" and other member's with the Mason's?
    He also co-wrote "The Left Behind",series which sold to date over 60 Million copies, with Tim LaHaye, who started the CNP:

It is all here:

The Unholy Alliance - Christianity & The NWO

The Unholy Alliance -
    Christianity & The NWO
    Part I

Once you read it, then let me know what you think.........How the mighty have and are falling.........

The Lord bless you....
    In His Love....

14. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your research has revealed a lot that I did not know, and I truly appreciate that. It's not really surprising about how the show portrayed Mary as having that kind of influence over Jesus. For such poetic license, one should be discerning, just as they should be discerning when they watch other movies, TV shows, or church dramas that portray events from the Bible. I am more concerned with Roumie's preparation for his role by channeling. I totally agree with you about this being a demonic New Age practice. Still, the series doesn't promote channeling. On the other hand, my daughter told me that the Christmas movie "The Nativity Story" has a scene where Mary consults a witch. I don't know this first hand, but I take her word for it.

I am thinking the bottom line is for us to be discerning with any program we watch. My favorite Christian movies are the ones produced by the Kendrick Brothers & Sherwood Baptist Church (Facing the Giants, Courageous, etc.), as they promote Biblical values which are truly Scripture-based. As long as they don't insert major doctrinal heresy into the show, I will watch it. From what I know of "The Chosen", I don't plan on watching it. When others ask me about it, I will suggest that if they do watch it, they compare the show to Scripture.

#54 Lodic, Jun 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

Thank you for your proper Biblical usage in seeing that this "Series" has an agenda. It is a tool for the ecumenical movement, and to allow people to think that ALL faiths lead to Christ. I will also reveal the Masonic background influences of those involved with this anti-Gospel series. It is to suck persons, unaware, to a spirit that is NOT of the Lord. We know whatever is NOT unctioned by the Holy Spirit, by the Will of God, then the whole project is being guided by an evil spirit.

I personally through the teaching of the Holy Spirit, do not believe any "film" or movie has been unctioned by the Holy Spirit. It is all through the imagination of man, to present a false picture of the Gospel. It also leads people to see a "human actor" who is acting as Jesus, as an Idol. What does it say in the Law, that no IMAGE of things In Heaven, nor things of the earth are to be created. Why do we need some man who is NOT saved act as "if" he is Jesus? And they all present Jesus with long hair and a beard, my Lord has taught me NONE of it is acceptable in His sight. Why? It leads to IDOLATRY, and the worship of man and what he creates!

My Lord and Saviour dwells in His Heavenly Kingdom, and by His Spirit He dwells within my heart, soul and mind.
    So I stay clear of any so-called "christian" movie, unless I feel to watch to discern and then write about it on my blog, to warn believer's to beware of such traps!

The Lord has taught me:

Eph 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
    Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
    Eph 5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
    Eph 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
    Eph 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth
    Eph 5:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

The Lord bless you.....
    In His Love....

#55 CalTech, Jun 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you. I am looking forward to what you have discovered regarding Masonic background influences of "the Chosen".

Contrary to your view, I believe many "faith based" movies have been inspired by the Holy Spirit. Earlier I mentioned the film series from the Kendrick Brothers / Sherwood Baptist Church. They are excellent examples of portraying how the Gospel should be lived out - where the rubber meets the road, as it were. Likewise, I believe the "God's Not Dead" series to be inspired by the Holy Spirit. Regarding worshiping idols, I doubt anyone would worship Jim Caviezek as he portrayed Jesus in "The Passion" nor Charlton Heston as he portrayed Moses in "The Ten Commandments". Common sense tells us that these are just actors in their roles.

If the movie / show doesn't contradict Scripture, and it promotes a Biblical message, it must have been guided by the Holy Spirit. I haven't even gone into stories like "Unplanned", which reveals God's hand in removing a lady from Planned Parenthood, and shows how Christians can have an active hand in stopping this unholy slaughter.

I could go on, but I don't want to change the subject. This is your thread, and the subject is "The Chosen". I look forward to learning more about the background. Then I shall be better armed when I discuss the series with others. Blessings, Brother.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

First, I shall update as I research the info, for sure.
    Second, the movie "The Passion" I have not watched....why? Well "Mel Gibson" another "faithful" Roman Catholic, produced and directed this film. When I read, in an interview he gave, that he was guided by the Holy Spirit, well I knew I would not watch it. How can anyone within the RCC be guided by the Holy Spirit, when they are NOT born again? With all the "will worship", and the Idolatry, one can be sure from the Lord's Word, they are NOT of Him, and do NOT know Him, nor do they serve Him. So how can an unbeliever be guided by the Holy Spirit?
    The Film about Moses played by Charlton Heston in the "Ten Commandments", when watched closely, as I did many times, the Holy Spirit got my attention when he states "that God is in every man", a Red Flag went up, then I did some research, the Director "Cecil B. DeMille, was a Member of the Masons. Therefore I knew that phrase spoken by Mr. Heston was a Masonic belief!
    With that being stated, I do enjoy "The Ten Commandments", but I do not appreciate nor watch any "major" motion picture about Christ, unless I find I need to do so, to be able to write about it warning true believer's to beward, especially for the immature and babes in Christ, for they are the most vulnerable to be deceived, as I was in my very early beginnings with the Lord.
    Now I do not judge what person's desire to watch, they do the choosing, however if they promote or push a certain film which I know is dangerous I will be bold in warning believer's not to watch it. It all depends on the Leading of the Holy Spirit and the Lord's desires.

I appreciate your honest thoughts concerning this, and thank you for asking me questions......

The Lord bless you....
    In His Eternal Love.....

• Like Like x 1
  18. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you recognize your extreme prejudice? There are brothers and sisters in Christ, with whom you will spend eternity, who attend Ran Catholic Churches. While the RCC as a whole teaches heretical traditions, it is still possible to be saved and be a Roman Catholic. The phrase "don't throw the baby out with the bath water" applies in this instance.

On another note, could you ever accept that someone may research even more than you and come to a Godward conclusion that you do not come to in your own research? Again, you ooze with self-righteous pride that you ascribe to God. Be very careful with what you are doing. Our Father will address it in good time, but perhaps I can be his messenger whom you will listen to in this matter. Consider your heart.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

I am not prejudice, I follow the Lord's Word, then you are actually saying the Lord's word is "bigoted".
    Just another false accusation from you......it's your trait.
    Any Roman Catholic I know departed from the Church in obedience to the Lord's Command "Come OUT from among her"! Again you make a stand with no Scriptures to back up your stance.

Rev_18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Also we are instructed by the Apostles NOT to associate nor have any association's that represent false Doctrine.

I'll stand for the Truth, and boldly at that.
    You can do whatever you desire too, I just will not support you in it.

That's all....finished....

20. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your words are not the Lord's words. You are not God...so stop writing as though what you say has such value.
    You certainly are prejudiced and judgmental. Go back and read your comments as though it were some other person speaking. You will surely recognize your pride, if the Spirit is truly guiding you.
    We all can speak in pride so don't think I single you out. Just take time to review and reflect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1