1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Power To Go And Sin No More

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by plain_n_simple, Jul 26, 2015.

1. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

From what I have read. It seems just as lagitimate, if not more so than some. I was only able to make one differentiation. That being that this group feel a that Christ and God are one and the same and neither was conceived. Theirs is that Christ and God are one and the same but that Christ was conceived. Quite a nominal difference to me.

Faith in selfless Unity through Good

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have not read ALL the posts made by this poster, BUT, based on what I have read, it appears that this guy has a lot of "knowledge" but scant wisdom to parlay that knowledge into anything resembling "USEFUL"!

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

As God is, man shall become; As God was, man is.
    This is the essence of Mormonism.
    God was once a man and he became a god.
    In the future we all shall become gods.

Some other beliefs:
    God had sexual relations with Mary to make the body of Jesus, (Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, vol. 4, 1857, p. 218; vol. 8, p. 115).

"Therefore we know that both the Father and the Son are in form and stature perfect men; each of them possesses a tangible body . . . of flesh and bones," (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 38).

After you become a good Mormon, you have the potential of becoming a god, (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 345-347, 354.)

The first spirit to be born in heaven was Jesus, (Mormon Doctrine, p. 129).

Jesus and Satan are spirit brothers and we were all born as siblings in heaven to them both, (Mormon Doctrine, p. 163; Gospel Through the Ages, p. 15).

Jesus' sacrifice was not able to cleanse us from all our sins, (murder and repeated adultery are exceptions), (Journal of Discourses, vol. 3, 1856, p. 247).

If it had not been for Joseph Smith and the restoration, there would be no salvation. There is no salvation [the context is the full gospel including exaltation to Godhood] outside the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, (Mormon Doctrine, p. 670).

The above is from:
    https://carm.org/teachings-of-mormonism

Do you think it has any relation to Christianity? Consider the last point well.

4. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

Look, friend, I don't need any of your [edited] biased craps. I will make my conclusions through ancient texts as I have. If you prefer, I'll try not to respond to you in order to keep some peace. Thank you for your enlightening input. Good day.

#44 popsthebuilder, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
  5. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not biased. He quoted works of the Mormons. Showing how they have been lead astray. Just like Muslims and many more. The Apostle Paul tells us.....

"For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds."

#45 McCree79, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
  6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

What is the point of the mantra!

7. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

Why do you charge him with bias? He simply quoted from Mormon documents and texts. If you don't want information, and to discuss things, why are you here?

8. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

He is bias whether he knows or not. I'm pretty sure he does.

Look up:

Asceticism, or arianism, or Christology, or Arius, or the Hellenic period, or Jainism

These will lead you to truth and Christianity prior to Roman deception.

Have patience. Be thorough.

Thank you.

9. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

The Christians that will be of the 3 will be Protestants Amish, and Mormons though I may be mistaken in the last.

These will be joined by pure Islam( not the extremists) Bahia and Buddhists. The 2 are RRC and its derivatives, and the atheists or imps.

Unbiased selfless thought.

Thank you.

10. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

I have thoroughly studied all of that, 40 years ago and since.

11. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Asceticism: are you talking about the Catholic monks or just a lifestyle that avoids all self indulgence?

Jainism: is without Christ and leads to hell

Christology: this isn't a religion. It is someone's theology of Christ. Poor Christology, such as denying he is God, Savior and Lord.....well that won't save ya.

Arianism: Heretical claim that Christ is a creation and denies his divinity. Example of bad Christology.

Arius: The guy behind Arianism.... Don't know why you listed him separately.

Hellenic period: I have no idea how you think this period of time leads to salvation. There was advancement by the Greeks in art and philosophy, but that by know means saves.

Are you just spouting off random stuff that you Google. Your logic......well, doesn't seem to fit.

12. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

Ok let me put it more bluntly.

Real Christianity. And most texts related to it were hidden by the Romans. The Hellenic age was the age of decline in consciousness. The teaching of Arius, or Asceticism was what Jesus believed. It the manifestation or Christ through conciousness.

This info was kept by the RCC for themselves while the rest of the Roman empire was decietfully taught to believe in imperialic ideals, translating to imp, or neuter. Literally removing the power from the people for selfish gain. They slaughtered all who opposed them and literally forced others to conform to there intentionally faulty ideals. Today the RCC has amassed an exponential wealth and knowledge leaving humanity in the dark. The second coming will not be stopped. We will cast the deceivers out of there positions. Indeed the meek will inherit the Earth.

13. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Arianism = the Son, who is not self-existent, cannot be God.*

Once again you spout views that deny the deity of Jesus. You have no idea what Jesus believes or who he is. You have no idea what Christianity is.

14. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

According to you Jesus is and always was God I know all about God I know quite a bit a out Christianity too. Like how The CCR banned original Christianity to allow for pagans to come into the folds of the church for monetary gain. How the trinity is askew in relation to reality. And how the entire concept of Crist was. Manipulated in order to render Crist powerless.
    I guess you know all that too.

Let me guess lies and blasphemy, right. Don't worry. No one research or put any thought into it even though you have all been deceived. It's only the fate of existence after all.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes, lies and blasphemy. Why are you even here?
    This site is for Christians. Your lies betray you.
    Concerning research your statements show your lack of research. How much honest research have you done concerning the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and how does that affect your life?

16. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Correct

You are demonstrating the opposite.

You won't find many fans of the RCC here.
    Again, you demonstrate your lack of knowledge of God, Jesus and Christianity.
    It is Christ. How does Christ being part of the Godhead, render him powerless?

You have said so.

17. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

Really
    Getting people to think that Jesus was the only being that has the ability to be Christ like. Is effectively takeing Christ out of the equation.

You know the battle that is supposed to undue? Well Christ or Crist makes up one side of that battle. If people are confused and think Christ is only capable through Jesus, then the war is lost and we are fn fd.
    I know I offend. I am truly sorry for that.

18. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

Have you ever heard Remove the head and the body is dead?

My father taught me long ago that you target the head of your enimy, and regardless how great the foe, the body will fall.

This can be said I for any size foe, or body of power.

19. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It isn't that Christ is only capable through Jesus. It's that Jesus IS the Christ - the only Christ.

For Christ to be Christ - He has to bear the following attributes that describe "Christ" (anointed one; Messiah) in the Bible. Prophecies from the entire Old Testament - from the Torah, even, that you say that you know - all contain prophecy and descriptions of what the Christ will be.

• Virgin Birth (As early as Genesis 3)
    • Sinless life
    • God Incarnate
    • Became sin for us as THE Atonement
    • Great and terrible suffering on the cross and even his words spoken there
    • Substitutionary death
    • Resurrection
    • Exalted coming in glory
    The ONLY person to have ever fulfilled all of these descriptions of the Christ is Jesus, who IS the Christ. Mohammed did NOT fulfill these things. Neither has any mortal creature that false religions have been based upon.

Christ cannot "come through" anyone.

The Christ doesn't come through Jesus. The Christ IS Jesus.

Here is a link that lists so many of the descriptions of the Messiah/Christ (both meaning "Anointed One").

http://www.jewsforjesus.org/answers/prophecy/365-messianic-prophecies

#59 Scarlett O., Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  20. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

Now take all those requirements and apply them to asceticism.