The Pre-Tribulational Rapture

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Darrell C, May 6, 2022.

1. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The end is worth it if you grasp that there is no rapture of the saints before the Tribulation. Your proof texting is unconvincing. It's a theory that is basically concocted in the US and then forced upon the Bible. It's less than 150 years old in theory, yet you can't imagine how the saints before this (and more importantly the seven churches) didn't follow your view.
    Feel free to hold to this young theory,but know the majority of Christianity doesn't hold your opinion.

2. 37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. 37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is only one first resurrection. Only one "the" last trumpet. There is only one second appearing. And Jesus called it the last day.

4. 37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Corinthians 15:52, ". . . In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. . . ." Matthew 24:31, 1 Thessalonians 4:16.

5. Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like I said, no response. Simply a reiteration of opinion.

The Pre--Tribulational Rapture is a First Century teaching of Paul. We can't help it if some people but into the doctrines of men and sound Doctrine becomes obscure.

God bless.

6. Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is why this discussion has begun with Revelation 20:1-6.

Did you not read it? Or did you stop at the point where it disagreed with what you want to believe?

God bless.

7. Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The OP makes it clear that there are three resurrections in Revelation.

And that there is a rapture prior to the "First Resurrection of Revelation 20.

And that there is a third resurrection after the thousand-year reign of Christ.

Please read the OP, then comment.

God bless.

8. Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Already addressed and dismissed.

This is why the Post-Tribulational view is built on sand: nothing to stand on in that doctrine.

Are you reading any of the responses? They demand an answer. You won't be able to give one, but they still demand an answer.

God bless.

9. Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At least I have Scripture that accompanies my view.

Where is yours?

Where is the address to my own address of your position?

Just answer this: do you believe there will be a thousand-year reign of Christ as Revelation states?

God bless.

10. Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Just answer this: do you believe there will be a thousand-year reign of Christ as Revelation states?

God bless.

11. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I said the parenthetical nature of the thought meant that "this is the first resurrection" applied to verse 4 (and incidentally verse 6.)
    Obviously since those raised rule with Christ for 1000 years, they were raised before the 1000 year reign.

12. Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, now I see what you mean, and agree.

Excellent point.

God bless.

13. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For over a thousand years, people held Ptolemy's theory that the universe revolved around a flat earth. Then came evidence that the earth is a sphere & it revolves around the sun. Which is right?

Same for pre-trib rapture. As I've said several times, Rev. 3:10 firmly establishes that fact. While it's a relatively new doctrine, it's a CORRECT one.

14. JesusFan Well-Known Member

The prominent eschatological viewpoint held in the early Church seemed to be the historical ptemil view, and A mil came in big time under the teaching of Augustine, while the pretrib rapture per say was not seen until time of darby and others...

The passage stating that we have not been appointed unto wrath is used by many to support pretrib, but that seems to have in mind the wrath of the Lord laid upon those who have rejected Lord Jesus in final judgement, not during tribulation period, and we shall be protected and preserved by God in end times from his wrath being poured out upon earth, but still will suffer wrath of man towards us!

15. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's new and brutally tied to the terrible theory of dispensationalism, which butchers scripture in its choppiness. If this is what you desire, you are free to do so. As for myself, I wake up everyday knowing I walk in faith to the moment Christ takes me home, either in death, or when the war trumpet sounds and the Commander of the Lord's Army comes to avenge my brother's and sister's who were martyred for the faith. Then comes the second destruction of the earth by fire and the creation of the earth for eternal life of the saints in newness.

16. canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    John writes in repeated themes, not chronological order.

Matthew 24 clearly, in the words of Jesus our Lord, states AFTER the tribulation, the trumpet sounds, He appears in the sky, the Angels collect the saints and then comes judgement followed immediately by His eternal reign in heaven.

I’m amazed that you spent so much effort in the other scripture but dismissed this one out of hand.

peace to you

17. Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you use to use the member name Yeshua1?

Your posting is identical to his.

Address the OP. Address the points of the OP and following posts.

With Scripture, not opinions and regurgitated nonsensical arguments that have already been addressed and dismissed.

If the Church is raptured at the end of the Tribulation then there are no physical believers left to populate the world and produce the offspring that is killed just prior to the Great White Throne Judgment:

Revelation 20:7-9 King James Version

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Secondly, the "Sheep" of the Sheep and Goat judgment are not glorified, but are "left:"

Luke 17:26-37 King James Version

26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.

32 Remember Lot's wife.

33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.

When the Son of Man Returns, according to His Own Word, we will see complete destruction of the wicked, as it was in the days of Noah and Lot.

He destroyed them all.

One shall be taken, and one left. Where are they taken? He just told you: they are taken in judgment. They are destroyed.

Hence the Supper of the Great God.

If we interpret Prophecy as it has always been interpreted it is really very easy to understand. But when we try to make Scripture something other than what it is, revelation provided to men that we might know the Lord's will and what is going to happen, then we end up stumbling over our doctrine.

Like you and other Post-Tribulational believers do.

Again, are you Yeshua1?

God bless.

18. Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I dismissed nothing.

Perhaps you simply could not understand how this was addressed.

Here it again, address the points made:

God bless.

19. Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have shown the differences between the judgments, what more can I do?

If you won't take Scripture's Word for it, why would I think you would take mine?

You simply verify that you cannot address the points, Canadyjd.

The "Last Trumpet" of Revelation that you would make the "last trump" of the Rapture has been shown to be not only a weak argument but a ridiculous argument.

The differences in the Trumpet Judgments and the Bowl/Vial Judgments show a chronological timeline, lol.

God bless.

20. JesusFan Well-Known Member

There shall be many who were not "saved" who shall enter into the Kingdom Age!