1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Rod of Iron Rule....when is it? How does it work?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Iconoclast, Dec 24, 2017.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, here's SOME of it, fulfilled:

Rev 2:27 ‘ He shall rule them with a rod of iron;
    They shall be dashed to pieces like the potter’s vessels’—

Psalm 2
    7 “I will declare the decree:
    The LORD has said to Me,
    ‘You are My Son,
    Today I have begotten You.
    8 Ask of Me, and I will give You
    The nations for Your inheritance,
    And the ends of the earth for Your possession.
    9 You shall break them with a rod of iron;
    You shall dash them to pieces like a potter’s vessel.’”

In Daniel 2 it was foretold that in the latter days 'a stone' [Christ] was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon its feet that were of iron and clay [Roman Empire], and brake them in pieces. Two feet, ten toes; read Eastern and Western Roman Empire and the ten Germanic tribes, the Visigoths, Ostrogoths, Vandals, Franks, Burgundians, Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Alamanni, and the Lombards. Rome was first ruled by the Caesars and then by the Germanic tribes. These are also the ten horns of the seventh head of Revelation and the ten horns of the fourth beast of Daniel.

These ten kings of the seventh head were to make war with the Lamb [the Church]. We, as Baptists, are acutely aware of the persecutions the Church suffered at the hands of the Holy Roman Empire. The ten kings of the seventh head were also to hate the Harlot [the dispersed Jews], eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. Herein lies the realization of the punishments and curses outlined in Lev 26 & Dt 28 (etc.) on the Jews for not hearkening unto the voice of Jehovah, i.e., the persecutions, pogroms, expulsions, etc, that the Jews have experienced down through the last two millennia.

The Temple in Revelation

• Like Like x 1
  2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That doesn't mean that I am disagreeing with your statement, for Pete's sake. There can be more than one reason for an act of God. If you say one reason for an act of God, and I say another, that does not mean that we are contradicting each other if those reasons are compatible.

3. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is what you said:
    I corrected that.

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol. I just quoted the Scripture, and you say you corrected it.

Listen, I understand. To sustain a premillennial eschatology, one has to do a lot of correcting of the Scriptures. :Roflmao

5. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again you bear false witness about me. That's against one of the Ten Commandments, so you are being immoral. I did not correct the Scriptures, I re-translated from the original Greek. Are you a Ruckmanite that you think that is "correcting the Scriptures"?