1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Sanctity of Life...Body,Spirit, and Soul

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Darrell C, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A soul is a person in their existence, and can refer to that person whether they are in the (physical) body or not.

Actually, when the lost die, they go to Hades to await judgment, then are cast into Hell (at the Great White THrone Judgment.

Again, I ask...exactly what kind of Baptist are you?

I know of no Baptist group that teaches Annihilation.

God bless.

2. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

There is simply nothing in this tirade worth dealing with. It is a repeat of the same error already addressed.

Address the Scripture provided you, Happy.

God bless.

3. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is your philosophy I am addressing, which is both Liberal as well as nauseating.There are many designations for people who promote Abortion, and my suggestion is you choose the one that you feel most comfortable with.

I notice you have nothing to say about the Word of God provided you. Why is that? I have addressed your propositions with Scripture, now it is for you to counter them with Scripture that supports your teaching.

I'll be waiting.

Again, what kind of Baptist are you?

God bless.

4. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On the contrary, I address it with Scripture.

Here it is again:

John 6:51-53
    King James Version (KJV)

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Men do not "receive spirits" in Regeneration, lol, they are regenerated, and the picture is that of resurrection, not birth.

Every person conceived from Cain to the last babe will endure for eternity.

Annihilation is the doctrine of cults.

They undergo the same resurrection and change which is like that of Regeneration, one is physical, one is spiritual.

They are.

We can be very certain that these "souls..."

Revelation 20:4
    King James Version (KJV)

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

...are born again believers.

True.

I believe very much the Son of God had been to the earth and ministered many times...

...but not Jesus Christ.

That would kind of nullify the fact that He was prophesied...to come.

Don't you think?

Jesus Christ has a beginning in the womb of Mary.

The Son of God is the Eternal God, the Creator, and has always existed, and has ministered to man since He created him.

God bless.

5. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you want to adapt popular pulpiut mythology, and refuse to look at this issue in some detail, okay. Your choice.

And people lost in shipwrecks are still...called souls. lol

More than 1,500 souls lost at sea

The Titanic was extremely ill-prepared for disaster. There was enough space on the lifeboats for only a third of the passengers and crew, and many of the boats were launched half full or below capacity. Of the crew members, only 23 percent survived. Women and children boarded first as per maritime custom. However, this was still meted out according to class. While 97 percent of first-class women survived, only 31 percent of the children in steerage lived. At the same time, only 13 percent of men in steerage survived.

The term is meant to designate...people.

Yes, God saves people.

And all men are written into the Book of Life at conception.

God bless.

6. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I speak of the carnal - you reply with the spiritual -
    I speak of the spiritual - you reply with the carnal -

I am not a Liberal or a heretic or seek mythology - as you have called me when you disagree with what I say and have no basis for your disagreement ~

You can take any statement I have made and seek to see if it is valid according to scripture or carry on in disagreement and post scripture that does not address what I said and continue with your personal jabs as if it makes your disagreement creditable. It doesn't.

Jesus IS the name of the Word of God ~ regardless of what manner (a flesh body) God chose to reveal His Word, it does not change the fact, God named His Word Jesus, and the first man to HEAR Gods Word come forth out from God and Speak, was Adam. <--- That was NOT the beginning of Gods Word <--- That was simply the FIRST time Gods Word was revealed to a created man.

God created dry land and called it earth. And from the dust of the earth God formed something and called it a MAN. God formed the first man, and forms EVERY man and to every seed, God forms that seed it's own form, called a BODY. Pertaining to a HUMAN, it is called a MAN.

Every thing pertaining to "A" single man ~ whether it is from his "natural" birth, or something later given him by his mommy or daddy or BY God; it is connected to that single mans IDENTITY.

God forms mankind ~
    God gives mankind life via a living soul ~
    God gives mankind His Word "written" ~
    God gives mankind His Truth "written" ~
    God gives "some" men a living spirit from His Seed ~
    God gives "some" men a new heart ~
    God gives "some" men His Spirit ~
    God gives "some" men His Word ~ within the mans new heart ~
    God gives "all" men His Truth when a man has received a new heart ~
    God gives "some" men His Wisdom and His Understanding when a man has received a new heart ~

Some things ARE carnal. All carnal things ARE corrupt. Some carnal things follow the way and order to become "holy" . Some carnal things DO NOT.

You attempting to judge me, ACCORDING TO YOU, is a fail. You are not the measure of what my standing is with God.

IF you have a clue what you asked God to forgive you for ~ you would KNOW He forgave you for your NOT BELIEVING in Him.

He forgave your corrupt carnal thoughts and deeds and deception and lies and cheating and for corrupting your living soul....

AND THEN accepted you willfully giving your body to death (crucified with Christ).

Dead bodies do not sin!

God forgave my sin against Him. Gods Power is within me and KEEPS me unto Him.

And NOT ONCE have you ever seen me write or say ANYTHING AGAINST God ~ which would be a sin

So why do you think yourself superior to me in knowledge and understanding according to God, that you feel the need to upchuck your intended derogatory remarks to me?

You have NO CLUE whatsoever my relationship with the Lord or my time spent in fellowship with the Lord or what He teaches me.

#66 Happy, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  7. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How did you conclude God is busy writing names in His Book of Life at conception; as if He has to wait and see if a child will be conceived?

Where does His book of life talk about conception?

The Book of Life is the Lamb's book, who is Jesus, who is Christ, who is God.
    The Book has all names written of all men born alive, and was written at the time the foundation of the world was being laid, BEFORE mankind was created and occupied the earth.

Rev.13
    1. [8] And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
    Rev.17
    1. [8] The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
    :)

8. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Nothing spiritual about Liberal philosophies that are contrary to the Word of God, nor presentations so utterly lacking in Scriptural support.

Address the Scripture, Happy.

God bless.

9. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is a logical assumption seeing that in order for man to be in a Book of Life...they must be alive, which begins at conception.

The Elect are saved in the Eternal Sense in Eternity past due to God's Omniscience, however, they are not saved until they turn to Christ in faith.

The saved are natural until that time, just as men do not live until conceived.

It speaks of men in the womb:

Psalm 139:13-16
    King James Version (KJV)

13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

While I would agree that God has foreknown the Elect, that does not mean we apply a designation until it is appropriate.

Concerning the Lost...

Psalm 69:25-28
    King James Version (KJV)

25 Let their habitation be desolate; and let none dwell in their tents.

26 For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten; and they talk to the grief of those whom thou hast wounded.

27 Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness.

28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.

We see those who the Psalmist cries out to God against...are in the Book of the Living.

Secondly, one cannot be blotted from the Book of Life except they first be in there.

And while those unskilled in the Word believe that men can lose their salvation, if they but understood that no man was Eternally redeemed until the Cross they would not make the mistake of making salvation the time one is written in the Book of Life, and the blotting out of such an one indicative of loss of salvation.

Lastly we have to consider the temporal and physical quality of the revelation that was primarily given men in the Old Testament. While David may have sought for their deaths (physical), I think we can see an eternal application to the enemies of Christ.

The distinction of "the Lamb's Book" should be made. I do not view unbelievers, who are written in the Book of Life, to be written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

And, we just saw, those who are not yet born, but are still in the womb.

You have a serious conflict in trying to propose this, in that the Lost cannot simultaneously be in the Book...and not in the Book.

Again, in view is the Lamb's Book of Life, and we consider the fact that this is a reference to the foreknowledge of God, for, the Lamb was not slain from the foundation of the world (though the necessity was known), but was slain roughly 2,000 years ago, a considerable time after the foundations of the world were laid. We do not simultaneously have the Son of God both creating the world while being slain.

Again, not literally meaning they were never written in, but speaking of the fact that their perdition was a foregone conclusion from the foundation of the world.

Life begins at conception, and Eternal Life begins at conversion. Both are referenced in a past tense but we do not nullify the actual timing of the events in view.

Antichrist will not go into Hell (he is the first human inhabitant we are told of) after he is born, grows up, and rejects Christ and becomes the minister of Satan. But that does not mean that God either negated a potential for his salvation or Antichrist's responsibility for rejecting Christ. When he is judged, it will be because of his own sin, not God's.

In other words...God does not force Antichrist in the path he will take (or is taking, lol).

God bless.

10. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So then stop promoting your Liberal philosophies :)

11. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Point one out, as I have with your posts.

;)

God bless.

12. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Logic, assuming, in the sense, have nothing to do with Gods understanding and everything to do with man's carnal flesh brain devising explanations.

Conceived is pregnant. Men do not live until they are born, not in the process of the 9 month forming process.

No kidding. Who said they were not in the book?

The difference between you and me is - you think God waits to see who is in the womb of a pregnant woman, THEN enters their name in the book of Life.

I think God is ALL KNOWING and every man EVER to be born OF the dust of the earth was written in the Lambs Book of Life, BEFORE the beginning of mankind. And that the the information IN that Book IS only privy to Christ WHO blots names OUT, when a man physically dies without being born again. And on judgement day THAT book shall be opened ONLY by Christ Jesus, to reveal the evidence of unsaved, not born again men, whose bodies and souls shall be destroyed.

I believe there is only one book of Life, and it is revealed it is the Lamb's book of life, and ONLY He is worthy to open the book.

Good grief - it's not simultaneous. In the book...then blotted out. sheesh!

You claim "I" conflict with scripture, which is false.

You conflict with scripture. And you focus on carnal understanding, NOT Gods understanding.

Rev 13
    [8] And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

"not literally", "in a sense", "logically", "assumptions" "actual" <---- human psychobabble that has NOTHING to do with Spiritual Understanding according to God.

Uh huh, we just use our little pea brains and decide what scripture should have said. uh no!

You have stated repeatedly your Liberal view of when you think "life begins".

And Scripture has notified me, only the BORN and BORN-AGAIN, shall forever be with the Lord in His Kingdom.

13. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "not literally", "in a sense", "logically", "assumptions" "actual"

1Cor.3
    [19] For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God.

14. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is a logical assumption Christ bathed, yet we have no record.

We assume that King David offered up sacrifice (had offered for him, to be precise) up until the day he died, because there was no other option, but we have no record.

We distinguish between the temporal sense (i.e., "My soul will go into the grave sorrowing.") and the eternal sense (I saw souls in Heaven...).

Has nothing to do with carnal reasoning, it has to do with putting the pieces together.

And that is Liberal Philosophy.

The babe in the womb is alive. No amount of deflection will change that fact.

Scripture (which you have repeatedly ignored and failed to address) verifies that, and equates the worth of the babe in the womb with the of the offender that causes their death.

Now...what kind of Baptist are you?

God bless.

15. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No-one, Happy, the point is that the Lost are in the Book.

The focus is on when they are in the Book.

Your arguing that life does not begin until one is physically born, then...you argue men are in the Book from the foundation of the world.

That is why I went through the trouble to say...

It's not a matter of God waiting to see, for He foreknew all men, because He is Omniscient.

The difference we have is that I do not erroneously ascribe fulfillment of something until it actually happens, the focus being when men are considered to be alive. Man does not pre-exist in a spirit state awaiting to be conceived and born, but becomes a living soul at the time of conception. That there is a process of formation does not negate God's view that life begins in the womb.

Whereas I view the Lamb's Book of Life to be the finished record of those who are saved.

All men are in the Book of Life, and while we can ascribe Ownership to Christ, it makes little sense to do so.

"The Antichrist is in the Lamb's Book of Life."

You okay with that statement?

I lean heavily towards that but do not think we can be dogmatic as to whether men are blotted out at death or at the Great White Throne. I think there is more evidence for the former.

At the Great White Throne, the Lost will be judged according to their works, and the suitable punishment, which is not Annihilation, will be given them in their resurrected bodies, which are suitable to the eternity of punishment Christ teaches often.

The "soul" who is judged there, will not have his body or spirit "destroyed," but will go into a state of destruction no different than that which Israel (and the world) was in when Christ came:

Matthew 10:5-6
    King James Version (KJV)

5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Matthew 18:11
    King James Version (KJV)

11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

In a state of destruction, which, as I have tried to point out to you from the beginning, has the singular focus on the fact that they are separated from God. That is the state natural man is conceived into, and that is the fate of the Lost on an eternal basis when they stand before God at the Great White Throne.

Now, what kind of Baptist are you, and what group among Baptists teaches Annihilation?

God bless.

16. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree there is only one Book, however, Scripture establishes all men are in it. But, "The Lamb" is specific to salvation, not the general sense of the Book of the Living.

That is what you are arguing, lol.

Consider:

Revelation 17:8
    King James Version (KJV)

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Does it not say their names were not written in the Book from the foundation of the world?

Yet we know they are, because, as I told you, they have to be in there in order to be blotted out.

It is a statement encompassing the reality that is known only in the eternal sense, meaning, there was never any chance they would somehow divert from what was known to God about them from the foundation of the world.

You do. You teach men are not alive until physically born, a Liberal and false doctrine refuted numerous times already in this Thread.

You teach Annihilation, which directly contradicts the teachings of Christ and the Apostles, as well as Prophets.

And you do not even address what I have said here, which forces a repeat of what has already been said. A good point is made above, Happy, actually try to consider it.

Feel free to show me where and how. I wish you would, because you have generally ignored the Scripture given you to support the points I have been making.

God views life to begin in the womb, not after men are physically born, an error held by Jews who have not received the revelation of the New Testament, and have never understood the Old Testament above the understanding of natural men.

In view is the point that the Lamb was slain from the foundation of the world, and you can review Revelation 17:8 above to see where the use of this type of statement is used to also present the concept of ""It is a done deal from eternity past."

Now...what type of Baptist are you? Your Doctrine is not Baptist on these issues, so I would like to know if there is a new type of Baptist that teaches this heresy.

God bless.

17. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are going to stand on the conflicting position that men are not written in the Book from the foundation of the world, and...that they are?

Think about it, you will see that I am correct on this.

Just say "men were literally not written into the Book of Life from the foundation of the world."

Then explain how they can be blotted out if that is the literal meaning here.

Well, obviously some of us take that approach...

;)

It's not my view, it is the view of God, Who gave us the Word of God, which makes it abundantly clear that life begins in the womb.

Which is a faulty understanding of what it means to be "born of water and Spirit."

God does not cleanse men through physical birth, but by the Word of God:

Ezekiel 36:25
    King James Version (KJV)

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

Ephesians 5:25-26
    King James Version (KJV)

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

1 Peter 1:22-23
    King James Version (KJV)

22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Men are cleansed by the Gospel of Jesus Christ, that is the water which God promised in regards to men being born of God, which, again, began at Pentecost, not during the Ages of physical provision.

No man had received the Spirit of God in the Eternal sense until then:

John 7:38-39
    King James Version (KJV)

38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Life begins at conception, and it is Liberal Philosophy (as it does not warrant a title of Theology) that teaches otherwise. And it is the doctrine of demons that teaches Annihilation, which is contrary to the teachings of Christ.

Now, what kind of Baptist are you?

God bless.

18. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Addressed in previous quote in detail.

God bless.

19. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

20. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are your words...if you try to maintain that men are written in the Book of Life before the foundation of the world.

Because that is said, but, so is...

Both cannot be true.

So the reason why you are asked...

Just say "men were literally not written into the Book of Life from the foundation of the world."

...is because...you cannot say that.

And you are letting your emotion defeat you, that you not recognize some simple truth that negates your doctrine. You need to think about that.

Yes, and you know that.

That is why you do not address the Scripture provided you.

I have given you numerous Scriptures. Why would I give more until you address them, particularly when we both know you won't, and you would not address further Scripture.

Here is another one...

Hosea 12:2-4
    King James Version (KJV)

2 The Lord hath also a controversy with Judah, and will punish Jacob according to his ways; according to his doings will he recompense him.

3 He took his brother by the heel in the womb, and by his strength he had power with God:

4 Yea, he had power over the angel, and prevailed: he wept, and made supplication unto him: he found him in Bethel, and there he spake with us;

...for you to ignore.

There is only one correct "thought," Happy, Scripture and it's truth is not something we decide it to be.

I agree.

It is Scripture that shows your understanding faulty.

Okay, I will explain:

There is nothing in Scripture that ties physical birth to Regeneration. Being born of "water and Spirit" is speaking of the same things Scripture always teaches in regards to Regeneration: the "water" speaks of cleansing, and the "Spirit" speaks of God's promise and work in the process. Both of which are descriptive of the singular event of being "born of God."

Here are the posted Scriptures meant to generate interest on your behalf, or at least a point to begin refuting my view:

We also see the cleansing aspect of Regeneration here:

Titus 3:4-5
    King James Version (KJV)

4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

James also speaks of being born of God and the aspect of the Word of God:

James 1:18
    King James Version (KJV)

18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

And if you think about it, it makes no sense whatsoever for Christ to be made to say "Except a man be physically born and born of the Spirit he cannot enter the Kingdom of God."

Regeneration has no application to people who are not physically born, just as it had no relevance to the Old Testament Saint, because all Old Testament Saints died without being born again, and still in need of Eternal Redemption, which Scripture has also been provided to you, and equally ignored.

Now, what kind of Baptist are you?

Continued...