1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Signs & Events of the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Hobie, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why there will be great tribulation? What will be the cause or origin of the appearance of the great tribulation?
    The anwer is in the Word of God, human opinions in accord the spirit of man which is in him is good for nothing.

The answer of the question is in Daniel 12:v.1 - 1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: ... It is Michael, the same that was in Sodom, who is with his sharp Sword-God's Word- to pour severe plagues upon the nations ruled by men guided by the spirit of Devil, and they have already started in accord the Word of God. There will be severe punishments, even against powerful nations- Micah 4:v.3-, yeah, only and only punishments, consequently there will be great tribulation such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever will be.

Be ready. The days will be shortened because there is a deadline to destroy the Devil's world
    (Revelation 11: v.18) and to close the Dispensation of Grace. He that will endure unto the end, the same will be saved.
    Other great happening is determined for this present time. There will be resurrection in this present time, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

2. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think we are in the start of it....

3. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So why have a 1000 years, with just the saints in heaven, what are they doing. The Bible clearly shows that all of our actions are written before the Lord, and that they are brought forth and used in the day of judgment. The book of life and others are there, and now the saints come and look at what they hold. The facts which are brought up in the judgment before God, are not for the use of God alone. The saints in heaven and even the angels must see and know that God's judgments are just. He does not choose to rule arbitrarily, but to have the saints and angels see that He is true, even in judgment. So the books with the record of the lives of men must be laid open to the view of all. The deceit of the heart, secret sinful acts, unknown to all but God and His recording angels, will be revealed. The saints will have a 1000 years to go over the books and will see that their friends who are lost are justly condemned as well as the fallen angels.

1 Corinthians 6:2-3 King James Version (KJV)
    2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
    3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Everything is recorded...

Malachi 3:16 King James Version (KJV)
    16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

All our actions and words are kept in remembrance; they are written in books by angels. Moses asked to be taken out of the book, which we see was the book of life, if the people could not be forgiven...

Exodus 32:30-32 King James Version (KJV)
    30 And it came to pass on the morrow, that Moses said unto the people, Ye have sinned a great sin: and now I will go up unto the Lord; peradventure I shall make an atonement for your sin.
    31 And Moses returned unto the Lord, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold.

32 Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.

Revelation 3:5 King James Version (KJV)
    He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Revelation 20:12-15 King James Version (KJV)
    12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
    13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
    14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
    15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

4. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are 100% right.

5. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yet we must keep our eyes and ears open as the events unfold before us.

6. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Lets look at how scripture describes what happens to the wicked on the day of the Lord at the Second Coming:

Revelation 6:15-17 King James Version (KJV)
    15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
    16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
    17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

And throughout the nations and their leaders...

Psalm 110:5-6 King James Version (KJV)
    5 The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.
    6 He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries.

These people will be overthrown and their bodies will be strewn over the earth:

Jeremiah 25:33 King James Version (KJV)
    33 And the slain of the Lord shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.

They cannot be gathered, lamented or buried because no living being will remain on earth.

Jeremiah 4:23-28 King James Version (KJV)

23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
    24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
    25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
    26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by his fierce anger.
    27 For thus hath the Lord said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
    28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black; because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

And they will not be brought back up till the resurrection of damnation, for the lake of fire and second death:

Revelation 20:5-8 King James Version (KJV)
    5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
    6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
    7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
    8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

7. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree.

8. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Now, in these last four months, we can see the partial and literal fulfilment of Matthew 24:v.7 - For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and ... there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. Why partial?

1 - pestilence:
    We see the literal fulfilment of the verse in whole world;

2 - nation against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:
    It seems is starting to fulfil; I think that in more severe manner Entites like UNO, or G-7, EU, among others, will be disssolved by complete, the Power of the Word of God may be suggesting this, as Peter Apostle said. 2Peter 3:v.10-11: 10 But the Day of the Lord (the seventh and last Day) will come...in the which...the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 11 Seeing then that all these things shall be DISSOLVED, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness;

3- Famines: There shall be famines
    The case of refugees, and now the dissolution of the global economy as a result of the pandemic, Coronavirus (COVID-19), causing high rates of bankruptcy in the business world, and unemployment, difficulties to develop activities in an environment totally adverse and dangerous to health of people, in a totally disorganized world, certainly the most serious occurrence of FAMINES will be very hard for multitudes in this present time. Terrible.

4 - Earthquakes in divers places
    We cannot say in what places will happen these earthquakes previously determined to happen only and only in the END OF THE TIMES, and near of the coming of JESUS. The places of these SPECIFIC earthquakes is in control of the Almighty God-the Word is God- and I am looking for the LITERAL fulfilment of these earthquakes from now on, I think that destruction and damage will be incalculables.

But this terrible and infernal environment in whole earth in this end of the times is yet the beginning of the sorrows.
    The worst will come later, even after the happenings described above in accord Scriptures.

Who will escape of the hell? The Scriptures reveal who will escape.

May our LORD God bless and keep us, and give us His protection

PS.
    James 5:v.1-3
    1 Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.
    2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.
    3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire.
    Ye have heaped treasure together for the LAST DAYS.

9. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Even those who don't believe in God know that something is happening, beyond "Mother Earth". beyond "Climate Change", beyond "Pandemic", something that will make them believe, even if too late...

1 Timothy 3:16
    And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

10. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Luke 21:v.26 - 26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth:...
    Isaiah 13:v.11-13
    11 - I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.
    12 - I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.

13 - Therefore I will shake the heavens (the FIRST and the 2nd heavens, the heavens and the earth, which are now), and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the Lord of hosts, and in the Day of his fierce anger. - This Day arrived - Aleluiaaaa!

Ezekiel 7:v.25-27

25 Destruction cometh; and they shall seek peace, and there shall be none.
    26 Mischief shall come upon mischief, and rumour shall be upon rumour; then shall they seek a vision of the prophet; but the law shall perish from the priest, and counsel from the ancients.
    27 The king shall mourn, and the prince shall be clothed with desolation, and the hands of the people of the land shall be troubled:
    I will do unto them after their way, and according to their deserts will I Judge them; and they shall know that I am the Lord.

Romans 14:v.11-12
    11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
    12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

2Corinthians 5:v.10-11
    10 - For we must all appear before the Judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

2Thessalonians 1:v.7-12
    7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty messengers,

8 In flaming FIRE taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

9 Who shall be PUNISHED with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that Day. - This Day arrived, the Day of JESUS's manifestation OR BE REVEALED, the seventh and LAST DAY, or seventh and LAST MILLENNIUM - Aleluiaaaaa!

11 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

12 That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Amen

11. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    About the events you are refering, I was meditating on an interesting point, as follows:

Many brothers think that the signs of the end of this world in which we are living, and the signs of the coming of JESUS as JESUS said in Matthew 24: v.6-7 will happen at random, randomly, the way they always have in the past or since ancient times.

Oh no, the events will not happen at random, absolutely, in fact JESUS will make these terrible events happen by His own Power, punishing and taking revenge on those who do not obey his Gospel. 2Thes.1: v.7-10.

Yes, let us keep our eyes and ears open as the events unfold before us as you said.

12. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And make sure we are following the true gospel in Gods Word, and not some ideas of man or false doctrines that throw us from the path to the kingdom, and into another. We can take a look at what many say will be a 'Secret Rapture', as you can see how it stands contrast with the events shown us by Gods Word. This false doctrine of the secret rapture which many have picked up can quickly be seen for what it is, another gospel, as it proposes that the people of God will be secretly taken to heaven while the unconverted remain on the earth to receive what is tantamount to a second chance. The second chance doctrine is a doctrine of false hope which does not encourage people to change their lives and make right with God, but continue in wickedness which Gods Word warns us of.

Isaiah 55:7 King James Version (KJV)
    7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Gods Word says we can turn from this wickedness...

Ezekiel 18:21-23 King James Version (KJV)
    21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
    22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.
    23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?

But we see the "if" in these verses, to return to the Lord and turn from all sin and do what is lawful and right. Salvation is conditional on true repentance and to obedience to Gods Law. We will be held accountable for our deeds, we cant just say we follow Christ, but we must do it and have the fruits thereof. Christ makes it clear:

Matthew 16:27 King James Version (KJV)
    27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

13. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, "Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried;d but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand". Daniel 12:v.10

12:v. 3 - And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

14. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    2Thessalonians 1:v.7-12
    7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

11 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

12 That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.