1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Sinners Ability to CHOOSE

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by SavedByGrace, Jan 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I take this as your incapacity to see like those in Matthew 23.

2. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    all you have done in this thread, is what you do elsewhere when you comment on my posts, is to misrepresent what I actually write, and make false charges against me! You continue to write your LIES, that I believe in a "works salvation", when I never have done so in my 40 years as a believer in the Lord! You have a theological mind-set that forbids you to see what the Bible says, and when you are presented with passages from the Bible, like in the OP, that you disagree with, you continue to misquote the Bible for your own purposes!

3. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    You wrote:

"It is REPENTING and FAITH, that causes NEW BIRTH"

Let us see what actually causes new birth.

John 3:3-5
    Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?” Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

2 Corinthians 5:17-19
    Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.

You claim that "repenting and faith causes new birth," but both the passages on new birth show us (and you) that you are dead wrong.

You mimic those of Matthew 23 and then tell us we are wrong.

God is the cause. Repentance and faith is the effect.

Now, stop teaching salvation by works.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Neither of the passages you quote say that salvation is not because of repentance and faith. Stop posting nonsense

5. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are tiresome in your rejection of God as the cause of your faith and repentance.
    Passage after passage shows you teach falsely regarding God and His work of grace.

Romans 3:21-30
    But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it— the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God’s righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith. For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law. Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, since God is one—who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith.
    Romans 8:28-30
    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.
    Ephesians 1:3-14
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth. In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory. In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.
    Hebrews 9:15-17,24-28
    Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant. For where a will is involved, the death of the one who made it must be established. For a will takes effect only at death, since it is not in force as long as the one who made it is alive.

For Christ has entered, not into holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true things, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf. Nor was it to offer himself repeatedly, as the high priest enters the holy places every year with blood not his own, for then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.

6. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    D
    Dude according to your theology, John Calvin, Charles Hodge, A W Pink, John Murray, etc of Reformed Theologians are wrong. Such is your pride :eek:

7. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL, I quoted scripture and you now tell me that I am claiming these old saints are wrong. Your diversion away from scripture is noted.
    Let us stick with God's word, sbg. It is in scripture where your errors are revealed.

8. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have quoted MANY times what the Bible says, which is what these and MANY other Reformed theologians teach, and yet you think that you are right!

9. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus Christ and Repentance

10. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't that what you are supposed to do?

:Roflmao

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    You leave a LOT of the Bible out.

7 So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe,
    “The stone that the builders rejected
    has become the cornerstone,”
    8 and
    “A stone of stumbling,
    and a rock of offense.”
    They stumble because they disobey the word, as they were destined to do.
    The Holy Bible: English Standard Version (Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles, 2016), 1 Pe 2:7–8.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about showing the OP to be wrong :Biggrin

13. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    sbg, all your verses, out of context, have been answered.
    You have been shown the difference between the Mosaic Covenant and the New Covenant and you have been shown how Jesus addressed Israel within the confines of the Mosaic Covenant where Israel did indeed need to repent or face judgment.

I ask you this question: Are we still under the Mosaic Covenant or has Jesus established the New Covenant?

14. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just did.

15. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, you got me there!!! :Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao

16. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Acts chapter 2, verses 37-38, which is the beginning of the NEW COVENANT, Peter tells those who have been convicted by the Holy Spirit through his preaching, and who ask him, "what shall we DO?", to which Peter replies, "REPENT...for the forgiveness of your sins".

WHY are you so stubborn in rejecting this Scripture, which you have done MANY times???

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    it is because they DISOBEYED the Word of God, the Holy Bible, that caused them to stumble! It is you who only quotes the parts that you want to, and ignore what is against your theology!

and HOW does this reply to the OP?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First of all, I would like to condense this post:

Calvinists are anathema! They're all accursed and going to hell, because they are preaching another gospel.

Now that we have that settled, I'd like to add, woe is me.

But praise you! Praise you for having the merit and the will to make the right choice. You are indeed a better man than I. Now don't slip up and ruin it all. You know how much Christ's work depends upon your ability to maintain it.

Just pass me the whiskey.

19. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    yet again you cannot respond from the Bible to the OP, so you post rubbish! :eek:

20. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What? No whiskey? Besides, others are responding with Scripture. I didn't want to be redundant.

Praise you, for you are worthy, and wise enough to make the right choices. Praise you, for you grew to intelligence, and have the cognitive abilities, the proper mental acuities to discern and receive the things of God.

Isn't it a pity I didn't die in infancy? Then I would be secure! Alas, I'm a full ten years prior to Roe v Wade. A year for every Commandment I've shattered.

Now, about that whiskey...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.