1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

THE United States of America is DEAD

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by givengrace, Nov 5, 2008.

1. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

You seem to reject the democratic process. Maybe you should be in a dictatorship.

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Somehow we lived through through 8 years of the WORST PRESIDENT America has ever had. Now it's a new and much better day.

3. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

The title of "cultural Christians" should hit home to many here.

4. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

You'll first have to demonstrate, with evidence and sources, that President Bush was in fact the "worst President" America has ever had. I think you'd have a very difficult time showing how he (Bush) was worse than U.S. Grant...

5. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

OK. Bush is in the bottom two.

6. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

What has President Bush done that was immoral? Any affairs that I dont know about, Mob ties?

And dont bring the war into this, just because you may not agree with the war does not make it immoral, just like it does not make it moral because I agree that it was the right thing to do.

What has he done that was not decent or moral?

7. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

How about the people who voted for Bush?? He is the #1 reason Obama was able to win!

8. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

I used very good judgment in my vote for McCain. This nation only became weaker yesterday.

9. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

This nation has been weak for a VERY long time, in my opinion it has gotten weaker with every election for the past 20 years.

10. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

That's pure baloney, Ken! Racism is very much alive among Obama's friends - it's deep in their hearts. Greed is alive among Obama's supporters who want something for nothing and from someone else. Corruption will only move from "Chicago" to "Washington" with great comfort in both.

11. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

You talk like this and of his "failed policies" Which policies are you refering to? Which policy came from him and only him that makes it his policy? Was congress gone that day, where was the senate? You blame President Bush for a lot, show me with resources what he and only he has done to be considered the worst President in your opinon?

12. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

Again why havent you left? You hate President Bush so much why are you still here!

13. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

There are lot's of policies that the Bush administration pushed through Congress. One that comes to mind is CAFTA. The Bush Administration spent a full day bribing members of Congress with over 50 million dollars of the taxpayers money behind closed doors to get them to vote for this bill. The Bush administration also was responsible for re-writing the GOP platform back in 2000 to remove key conservative planks, and then worked in his first four years to get legislation passed that was totally opposite to the previous GOP stand on the issues like the Department of Education. There are many, many other examples of why Bush is one of our country's worst Presidents, you should have no problem finding them on Google.

14. givengrace

givengrace New Member

My VOTING for McClain wasn't bad judgment. YOUR VOTING FOR OBAMA WAS.

And you will soon realize this if he does make it to office.

15. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I would argue that voting for either one of the candidates from the "Republicrat" party was using bad judement!! :)

16. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Obama played the race card against Bill Clinton. As for greed and corruption does anyone know where the hundreds of millions Obama raised came from? :BangHead: :BangHead:

17. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

You mean the kind of racism where people voted for a man based solely on his race?

You mean the kind of greed that is evidenced by one class coveting the wealth of another class to the point that they want to use government force to take that wealth and give it to themselves?

Ah yes, I forgot - Obama is pure as the freshly fallen snow.

Nope - it appears that it is still alive and well, doesn't it? And what else should we expect in a fallen world? Unless, of course, you are seeking a utopia through the means of the government and have forgotten your first love of Christ and His Church.

18. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Then what is this whole line of debate about. I agree. we need to remain focussed on Jesus Christ and not politics.

19. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

For the first time in a long time, I listened to the daily talk radio programs of Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity. They are hateful and vitriolic, disrespectful and rude, no better than the "liberals" they accuse of being unpatriotic and irreverent toward conservative politicians. In fact, they are worse because they criticize the same behavior in others.

Seems like they have some followers or wannabees on this board.

If this is just the worst thing you've ever experienced, and you are at a loss as what to do, let me offer you a suggestion. If you think the US is dead, and you believe the election of a particular politician killed it,<edited failing to show grace to other members - Posting Rule #3 - please refrain from personal attacks on other members or be subjected to administrative action. Thank you. LE>

#59 Jack Matthews, Nov 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2008
  20. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Easy there Jack. Who do you think you are to be telling anyone to leave this country? You come down on folks for being rude etc. However, you post in the exact same fashion. Your entire post is a violation of BB Posting Rule 3 because it utterly fails to show grace to those who happen to have an opposing political view.