1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The upside of abortion

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Gina B, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Bob Colgan

Bob Colgan New Member

Gina,
    Sometimes it can get discoureging to see what is going on in the church. I just left my church because of the lack of love in that church. Doctrinley they were good. bBut there is some crazy stuff going on. I could never find anywhere in Gods word that says a baby will go to heaven if he/she dies. Stay strong don't give up God is still in control.

Bob

2. Heavenbound01

Heavenbound01 New Member

bob,

so you dont think that an innocent child will go to heaven if its mother kills him/her.I hope you dont think the baby will go to hell..the bible does say that you will know when you are at the age of accountability. I will look it up and get back to ya. but a baby doesnt know right from wrong,and i believe that it will go to heaven. I truly hope that you think he/she will go to heaven also. :confused:

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thanks Bob, and I agree that there doesn't seem to be any scriptures that guarantee all souls of those that die before a certain bodily age on earth will go to heaven.
    I do like what MacArthur has to say on this subiect though.
    Gina

4. Bob Colgan

Bob Colgan New Member

I don't know for sure I know we are born sinners
    Im a Calvinist I know Gods word talks much about predestination Romans 8:29 9:10-13 9:21 ect...
    I don't claim to know the answer to where a child goes when He dies. I just go by what His word says His ways are above mine. I have never found any where in His word that childeren go to heaven. Can you show me in His word where a person has to reach the age of accountability before they can be casted into hell?

Bob

5. Bob Colgan

Bob Colgan New Member

Gina,
    Can you share what McArthur says I have great respect for him. It's a subject I havent studyed much.

Thanks
    Bob

6. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

um ... the murder of Jesus??? That certainly had an upside ... While aborted babies are in heaven, IMO, that does not justify their murder. This sounds like a dumb thing to say, especially from the pulpit. </font>[/QUOTE]Ack Pastor Larry...... Jesus was not murdered, he laid his life down for us. Or was he? I'm thinking this is a topic for another thread! -runs off to start it-

7. Heavenbound01

Heavenbound01 New Member

so you think that no children are going to heaven? can i ask you what a calvnist is? and predestination. Isaiah 11:8

8. Heavenbound01

Heavenbound01 New Member

9. Bob Colgan

Bob Colgan New Member

Heavenbound01,
    I said I don't know. please don't put words in my mouth I have not studied the subject enof to have a solid opinion. I have learned over the years to not take what anyone says as gospel unless they show it to me in the Gospel are I have found it in Gods word. That Reminds me have you found any Bible refrences yet???

Bob

10. Heavenbound01

Heavenbound01 New Member

give me some time, i am still looking. can i ask you what a calvnist is? I truly dont know. and i didnt put words in your mouth. i simply asked if you did.

11. Bob Colgan

Bob Colgan New Member

Heavenbound01
    A Calvinist believes in predestination we believe that God has pre-ordained those that will go to Heaven and those that will go to Hell We believe that man is dead in his sin and unable to reach out to God. A very basic description. it's a heavy topic very interesting many of the reformers were what is commanly refered to as Calvisist Charles Spurgen ect. You didn't put words in my mouth sorry about that.

Bob

12. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "bible does say that you will know when you are at the age of accountability."

Give us this scripture reference, please.

13. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Bob, this isn't the one I was thinking of, but it actually goes into more detail so perhaps it's even better since you're interested and will take the time to read it. [​IMG]

Heavenbound, here is one link:
    http://www.mslick.com/
    Here is another, I like this one but it's rather heavy to digest sometimes. They have a chatroom that you can visit and ask questions, most of the people on there are quite friendly. If you want to visit it I'll go with ya if I'm around, let me know when. http://aomin.org/

Gina

14. superdave

superdave New Member

I can make your life a little easier Heavenbound, you can stop looking for scriptures about the age of accountability. I already spoke about David's belief that he would go to his infant child who died, but that is not a doctrinal proof text per se. That belief is extrapolated from several general principles and is not directly supported by scripture.

That being said, I have no idea where aborted babies will go, and there is really no way for me to speak to that issue dogmatically with scripture to back it up. What you can do is look at the attributes of God. God is Just, and righteous, what he decrees is always right. We have to trust in that fact, and accept that God will not be "wrong" on his decisions regarding the eternal destination of anyone. We can rest in that and trust that wherever aborted babies go, it will honor and glorify God.

15. GODzThunder

GODzThunder New Member

going back to the origional post, if I ever hear a preacher say that I would shoot them myself :(

This reminds me of the comedian Bill Engaval. ...Here's your sign!

16. Heavenbound01

Heavenbound01 New Member

bob,
    pre-ordained means that god picks where you are going to spend eternity? if i understood you right, then i have to disagree with you. i believe that jesus died to save us from our sins,and for that we have a choice to either be saved and go to heaven, or serve satan,and go to hell. we have a choice. that is how we baptists believe anyway. we dont believe in being preordained. all the baptists i have talked with anyway. but thanks for explaining it to me.

17. Bob Colgan

Bob Colgan New Member

Gina L
    Didn't mean to go off course it was nice talking to Heavenbound The first time I heard about Calvinism I thought it was the craziest thing I ever heard. Still don't fully understand it all.
    You know I believe I'm going to be leaving the Baptist denomination. I have been going to a Non Denominational Church off and on and its really been good I just relate to wre your coming from. I find not only doctrinal problems but many are so dead and lack love I'm sure not all. infact I know not all, God Bless He will never let us down.
    Bob

18. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Bro. Bob, I'm not sure what area of Maryland you are in, but if you are looking into other churches I suggest you contact Bro. pinoybaptist here on the board. He's pastor of a Primitive Baptist church in Washington, DC area; I don't rightly recall the name of the town. It might beat interesting to visit and see what you think of us Old Baptists anyway.

I'm in agreement as well. I have yet to see undeniable proof in scripture that all infants will be in heaven, however that does not mean I believe them to be in hell either. The best scripture I've found so far has been discussed amonst some Old Baptists on another board lately.

Romans 9:
    This seems to be the best quote so far saying that the non-elect will live long lives and God endures them throughout their lives and doesn't destroy them on the spot for their crimes. against him. This is still not conclusive evidence to me that all babies/children will go to heaven, but I am not going to worry myself about it because God's will be done. I think we can all agree though that every child who's sins were nailed to the cross with Jesus will be with him in heaven. That's a powerful saying and one in which we can find much comfort.

God Bless. Bro. James [​IMG]

19. Bob Colgan

Bob Colgan New Member

Bro. James
    Thanks for info His ways are above are minds.
    praise His Holy Name.

Bob

20. Blazin4Christ

Blazin4Christ New Member

get used to things like this Gina, even us Baptists are losing good people to media and ecunamenical moves