1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

They tell me I won't be around much longer

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Plain Old Bill, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I'll be praying for you Bill.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Bill and Tom - You are in my thoughts and prayers. This is going to be yet a new birth for both of you (and all of us when the time comes). May God give you peace and comfort during this time.

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    POB check yer PM's for ideas on the website. Praying!

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    ((Hugs)), prayers, and peace......

5. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Some may think this an inappropriate reply, but I envy you. Personally I want to go home. I'm constantly sick, tired, and in pain from my neck to my feet. I'm retired and bored silly.

If you are at peace with the Lord, then the step from here is to go home to everlasting peace. I'm just homesick.

6. Servent

Servent Member

See you later

7. TomMann

TomMann New Member

You are right on! The only negative thought I have is the temporary leaving loved ones! and what they will experience!

8. Allan

Allan Active Member

Though I am not posting much anymore on here, please know that I will continue to pray for you and Tom.

My you rejoice in the soon coming of your reunion with your savior and God, and be challanged to pray ever more feverently for those of us awaiting that triumphant day.

9. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

That is very true. I grieved for many months after losing my mother. There was a lot of anger, bitterness, and guilt--thinking I could have done more for her while I had her, and why did I have to lose the one person in this world who unselfishly loved me?

10. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Thanks for the good thoughts. No fear or apprehension here. I think I know how a seed feels if that is possible, also the word emminant takes on new light. My family is Christian so we are well comforted.
    Jon-Marc sounds like you are homesick brother. Don't blame ya one teeny bit. :godisgood:

11. AnotherBaptist

AnotherBaptist New Member

We are all longing for the same thing. :)

12. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Yes, I am. The older I get (I'm 63), the more tired I get and the more I seem to hurt, and the more physical problems I seem to acquire. I long to see my Jesus, walk on streets of gold, and experience no pain or sickness, and best of all--to be finally free from the desire to sin! "Even so, come, Lord Jesus."

13. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    POB, I never know quite what to say in these situations, because on one hand I’m sorry you’re leaving us and on the other, like some have already mentioned, I am glad for you and even feeling a bit envious. One thing I would like to say, which I don’t know if I ever told you and that really sticks out in my mind about some of your writings here is how deeply you love your wife and how eloquently you have expressed that. It has been a blessing for me to read those words. My thoughts and prayers will be for comfort for you and your family during these trying times. God bless you all. .

14. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

When I am weary

The Lord bless you Bill, may He cause His light to shine on you.

Resurrection day, whoopee!

I will be glad when all this over too. But till then, keep on soldiering.

Praise God.

http://www.holyfear.net/?p=1519

Prayer: Lord draw near to us as we draw near to You. Amen.

#34 David Michael Harris, Dec 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2009
  15. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Found this in searching for material for next weeks SS lesson, and thought about the comments on this thread.

FTR, I also am very ambivalent re: my own demise, primarily because if I go in the very near future I'll not only leave a wife & 2 kids, BUT a 98 YO mother.

Except for this, I'm ready and a little bit anxious - specially as I see the path our country is taking; BUT, it's in His hands!!

Bill, with His peace is in your heart, you are to be envied rather than pitied.

Emphasis mine!!

Folks who do not have His peace have to be absolutely miserable!!

http://www.raystedman.org/biography.html ---if you are interested in further info!

16. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

My view on death is that the sooner it happens the better. I'd prefer to be taken away in what is commonly called the "rapture".

17. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Bill,
    I know you are at peace in His love. At least you won't have to fight with the likes of us anymore. We'll miss ya! Remember that nothing can happen till the Lord says it can. I am sure the final touches on your mansion are being attended to . Will be praying for you!