1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

This Friday

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Twizzler, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

2. billwald

billwald New Member

Arrested in a restricted area. Good for the police.

3. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

I missed the part about them being in a restricted area. I'll have to read the article again.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is the reason we have to be careful about reading just headlines -]

The pastors were NOT arrested for praying, they were arrested for being in a restricted area.

As Paul Harvey use to say, "The rest of the Story"

Always remember the 5 "W's"

Now Bill thinks it was good for the Police to arrest them. What I would like to know is did the cops recommend the people (aka pastors) to leave first, or did they "arrest first - ask questions later"

I would agree if they were causing a ruckus - arrest, but only praying - often a waring is sufficient.

Not enough info in the story to make a good "Monday morning quarterback call" - but my gut feeling says the cops were a bit too hasty

Salty

5. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

The article says they were warned three times before they were arrested for being in a restricted area. I'd like to know more about this 'restricted area' personally, was it some grass just off of a sidewalk or what? For some reason I just can't see pastors breaking into a sensitive area to pray or purposefully entering a dangerous area to do the same.

It's kind of a mysterious term they're using, "restricted area", making it sound like these pastors may have forced their way somewhere they weren't supposed to be.

I'll have to research this more.

tw

6. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a variety of places where people will be arrested if they pass a certain point. The Tomb of the Unknown has areas that you are unable to go legally.

But if they allowed these men to stay after they had been warned 3 times, there would be all sorts of groups and people there.

I do appreciate the bravery of these men. Maybe if they were praying TO President Obama, the arrests might not be made.

7. billwald

billwald New Member

95% of all the police officers I know avoid doing paperwork like the plague. Arresting people is mostly a waste of time.

8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

9. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

I agree, Marcia! That was the main point of my creating the thread... funny how it ended up being all about how the pastors deserved to be arrested. *boggle*

I'm -very- interested in finding out what goes on with this on Friday.

10. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Me, too.

I read today's Wash Post and didn't see anything on this, unless I missed it.