1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured This Just Doesn't Make Sense

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Don, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I don't know, but I have a theory. It goes like this:

There is a subset population among criminals. Their desire is to see people be afraid. They are generally seen as intelligent, gentle people, but they have lived through trauma. They are emotionally fragile, which helps others feel they are gentle, but they are actually angry and do not know how to express it.
    They tend to lash out at a target that fits who they are angry at. If they feel mom didn't protect them from abuse, they may victimize women. If they feel the church victimized them, they may target religious people. Etc. They rationalize the behavior to themselves as society's fault, and usually speak out strongly against community leaders, though they do nothing to help that community and will take the blame for their own actions. Often feeling a sense of pride in doing so, but once you talk to them and get to the heart of it, they blame others for making them that way. Speaking out against those who commit the same type of behavior they have is common, but the other person is much worse than them because they went further or their target was someone they believe should be safe. They have usually committed a number of low profile crimes before getting caught. Usually progressive. Misdemeanors, then get caught about the time they start progressing up to third degree felonies.
    It isn't about what looks obvious. It is about creating fear - making others feel the same fear they felt when they were victimized.
    That's my overly psycho-analytical theory of why someone would do this.

The other theory is the same as my one for anybody who purposely hurts others. They're big fat jerks. But I guess it's better to try to understand them then just leave it at that. Criminal or not, everyone is human and maybe if we understand them, we can help before they are too far gone.

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems to me, that there are some in the black community as well as the white community that wants to stir up racial trouble! So this doesn't surprise me to the least! It explains a lot of what I suspected to be behind the church burnings, etc. Thanks for finding and posting! :thumbs: