1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured This world age cannot last much longer are ready to meet Jesus?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by GISMYS, Nov 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So is Proverbs 16:18

2. GISMYS

GISMYS Member

This world age cannot last much longer are ready to meet Jesus?=The question we each need ask and answer each day.
    ==Pharisees gnash therir teeth scream and curse,Jesus says about them==MATTHEW 15:7-9== You hypocrites, rightly did Isaiah prophesy of you:This people honors Me with their lips,
    But their heart is far away from Me.
    ‘But in vain do they worship Me,
    Teaching as doctrines the precepts of men."

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is spamming these posts all over the forums on the net. He as a habit of posting in all caps and getting corrected for it and has been banned from a number of chat rooms.

4. GISMYS

GISMYS Member

Demons know who Jesus is=Mark 1:23-24
    And immediately there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit. And he cried out, “What have you to do with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God.”
    ==Ephesians 6:11-12=Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
    ==God's Word to me a believer=no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me," declares the LORD.

5. GISMYS

GISMYS Member

The Bible says, “scoffers will come in the last days….They will say, ‘Where is the promise of his coming?...all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.’ For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed…and that by means of [water] the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. But by the same word the heavens and that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly” (2 Peter 3:3-7). In other words, judgment is going to come on this earth, and it will be a judgment of fire. How you can be ready to meet Jesus==GOD'S Word says that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
    and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
    from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
    believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
    is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
    name of the Lord shall be Saved....................

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

AN EXAMPLE PRAYER IF YOU HAVE NEVER BEFORE TALKED TO GOD!.........................
    Heavenly Father:........................................... ...............................
    I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of
    my Sins. I confess with my mouth and believe with my
    heart that Jesus is your Son, And that he died on the
    Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have
    Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe
    that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now
    to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and
    Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the
    day's of my Life!. Because your word is truth, I confess
    with my mouth that I am Born Again and Cleansed
    by the Blood of Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amen

6. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a feeling I know what's going to happen in the near, if not immediate, future. Anyone care to speculate? :smilewinkgrin:

7. GISMYS

GISMYS Member

Who wants to argue and fight against ALMIGHTY GOD?==MY LORD! PSALM 35:19-36 Don’t give victory to those who fight me without any reason! Don’t let them rejoice at my fall—let them die. 20 They don’t talk of peace and doing good, but of plots against innocent men who are minding their own business. 21 They shout that they have seen me doing wrong! “Aha!” they say. “With our own eyes we saw him do it.” 22 Lord, you know all about it. Don’t stay silent! Don’t desert me now! ==God's Word to me a believer=no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me," declares the LORD.

23 Rise up, O Lord my God; vindicate me. 24 Declare me “not guilty,” for you are just. Don’t let my enemies rejoice over me in my troubles. 25 Don’t let them say, “Aha! Our dearest wish against him will soon be fulfilled!” and, “At last we have him!” 26 Shame them; let these who boast against me and who rejoice at my troubles be themselves overcome by misfortune that strips them bare of everything they own. Bare them to dishonor. 27 But give great joy to all who wish me well. Let them shout with delight, “Great is the Lord who enjoys helping his child!” 28 And I will tell everyone how great and good you are; I will praise you all day long.

8. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Interesting that the way you are using these verses is the same way that the militant extremist Muslims use the Qur'an.

9. GISMYS

GISMYS Member

The inspired (God breathed) Word of God is eternal living truth=John 1:1-5==1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    2 The same was in the beginning with God.
    3 All things were made by Him, and without Him was not anything made that was made.
    4 In Him was life, and that life was the Light of men.
    5 And the Light shineth in darkness, and the darkness comprehended it not.

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's the "B" word...........................Sssshhhhh [​IMG]

11. Sapper Woody

No one is saying otherwise. This whole post was answering something no one has said. I merely pointed out the immense similarity between you and extremist Muslims.

12. GISMYS

GISMYS Member

OH! extremist Muslims serve a false god= ALMIGHTY GOD is the only one true GOD!

13. Sapper Woody

You find one word in a post and key in on it without any comprehension of the rest of the post, don't you?

I feel like I'm chatting with an internet chat bot.

#73 Sapper Woody, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2014
  14. Sapper Woody

Either way, I'm done feeding you. Enjoy the hammer coming your way.

15. GISMYS

GISMYS Member

PLEASE!!! Learn how to use your ignore button!!! or is crying more fun??? here is how to do it """CLICK"""!!!

16. Sapper Woody

17. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Is there a pool going for just when the hammer is going to actually fall?

18. GISMYS

GISMYS Member

Pharisees need to Count the cost=why would they ask for early judgment?==God's Word to me a believer=no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me," declares the LORD.

19. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Odd, twisted quotes from scripture, a propensity for comparing yourself with Christ, verbal attacks on fellow posters, and a penchant for incorrect grammar and writing...yeah, it's been nice knowing ya, GISMYS.

I won't say it's been a little piece of Heaven...because it hasn't.

20. GISMYS

GISMYS Member

Pharisees===John 19:4-22Pilate therefore went forth again and said unto them, “Behold, I bring him forth to you, that ye may know that I find no fault in him.”

5 Then came Jesus forth, wearing the crown of thorns and the purple robe. And Pilate said unto them, “Behold the man!”

6 When therefore the chief priests and the officers saw Him, they cried out, saying, “Crucify him! Crucify him!” Pilate said unto them, “Ye take him and crucify him, for I find no fault in him.”

7 The Jews answered him, “We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.”

8 When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he was the more afraid.

9 And he went again into the judgment hall and said unto Jesus, “From whence art thou?” But Jesus gave him no answer.

10 Then said Pilate unto Him, “Speakest thou not unto me? Knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?”

11 Jesus answered, “Thou couldest have no power at all against Me, unless it were given thee from above. Therefore he that delivered Me unto thee hath the greater sin.”

12 And from thenceforth Pilate sought to release Him, but the Jews cried out, saying, “If thou let this man go, thou art not Caesar’s friend. Whosoever maketh himself a king speaketh against Caesar.”

13 When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he brought Jesus forth and sat down in the judgment seat in a place that is called the Pavement, but in Hebrew, Gabbatha.

14 And it was the Preparation of the Passover and about the sixth hour, and Pilate said unto the Jews, “Behold your king!”

15 But they cried out, “Away with him, away with him! Crucify him!” Pilate said unto them, “Shall I crucify your king?” The chief priests answered, “We have no king but Caesar!”

16 Then he delivered Him therefore unto them to be crucified. And they took Jesus and led Him away.

17 And He, bearing His cross, went forth into a place called the Place of a Skull (which is called in the Hebrew, Golgotha)

18 where they crucified Him and two others with Him, one on either side and Jesus in the midst.

19 And Pilate wrote a title and put it on the cross. And the writing was: Jesus Of Nazareth The King Of The Jews.

20 Then many of the Jews read this title, for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city, and it was written in Hebrew and Greek and Latin.

21 Then said the chief priests of the Jews to Pilate, “Write not ‘The King of the Jews,’ but, ‘He said, I am King of the Jews.’”

22 Pilate answered, “What I have written, I have written.”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.