1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Those who deny the general redemption.

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by 37818, Sep 25, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    to me, if he died for that sin, then no one can be judged for that sin, because judgment had been paid.

A person has until they die to repent and change that unbelief to belief. the moment they do. they are given eternal life.

if they die in the state of unbelief, their names are erased from the book of life

2. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you believe Jesus died for all the sins of all men, and yet some men perish in their sins in unbelief, then you deny the saving efficacy of Christs death.. Yes He died for the sin of unbelief, if He didn't how could people be saved ? Unbelief would dam everybody since all are born in unbelief.

3. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    So if according to you Christ didnt die for unbelief, then you are saved by doing something Christ didnt die for, you are your own saviour.

4. Eternally Grateful

Faith:
    Baptist
    My friend, Please stop misrepresenting me

They did not die for their sins, I never stated that. they died because of unbelief.

you keep adding the word sin. Jesus did not use the word sin in John 3

5. Eternally Grateful

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are born dead. born in unbelief.

when you repent, You have stopped unbelieving, and have become a believer. and you move from a condemned state to a not condemned state

6. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    eternally grateful

Friend, Im not doing that, I going by what you are typing on this thread.

Didnt you say Christ didnt die for unbelief ? I can provide the quote if need be.

And that suppose to mean what ?

7. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you believe as a spiritually dead sinner, you stop being a unbeliever and become a believer. So you save yourself from unbelief from a spiritually dead state of unbelief. Then you become your own saviour.

Jesus saves people from unbelief, and gives them repentance. You apparently dont need Jesus for that right ?

Then you say by what you did, you moved moved yourself from a condemned state to a not condemned state. Again you saved yourself.

Lol, you take all the Glory from God , who alone saves sinners from condemnation, from unbelief, from impenitence. You should be eternally grateful to yourself friend !

8. Eternally Grateful

Faith:
    Baptist
    there you are being dishonest again.

since when does the word unbelief = the word sin.

You claimed I said people die in their sins. I never said that..

9. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Im going by what you say..and you said a lot of things, reread everything you have posted in this exchange.

10. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no argument with scripture. But you do.
    *Romans 9:18-33*
    So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills. You will say to me then, “Why does he still find fault? For who can resist his will?” But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, “Why have you made me like this?” Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory— even us whom he has called, not from the Jews only but also from the Gentiles? As indeed he says in Hosea, “Those who were not my people I will call ‘my people,’ and her who was not beloved I will call ‘beloved.’” “And in the very place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’ there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’” And Isaiah cries out concerning Israel: “Though the number of the sons of Israel be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant of them will be saved, for the Lord will carry out his sentence upon the earth fully and without delay.” And as Isaiah predicted, “If the Lord of hosts had not left us offspring, we would have been like Sodom and become like Gomorrah.” What shall we say, then? That Gentiles who did not pursue righteousness have attained it, that is, a righteousness that is by faith; but that Israel who pursued a law that would lead to righteousness did not succeed in reaching that law. Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as if it were based on works. They have stumbled over the stumbling stone, as it is written, “Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense; and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.”

You place your capacity to believe before God makes you alive. That makes you the cause agent of your own salvation and God the effected being who is obligated to save you based on your choice.
    Therefore, you ignore this phrase:
    "But God..."

11. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    eternally grateful

Thats correct, thats why he believes, he wasnt condemned by the law since Christ died for him or her.

Its only those folk who live and die in unbelief who were already condemned by the law since Christ didnt die for them.

Believing in Christ is only the privilege of people Christ died for. So when a person believes, it means they were not condemned, because Christ took their condemnation away by dying for them.

12. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    *Ephesians 2:4-5 shows you your error.

But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved—

God saved you by grace alone.
    God made you alive, even while you were still dead.
    God gave you the gift of faith.
    God justified you by faith alone.
    God sanctifies you daily, making you a vessel of righteousness.
    God will glorify you when He brings you into His presence.

Notice what God does and also notice that you don't ever initiate anything by your so-called "free will." God does not need your cooperation in order to save you and your rebellion will not stop Him from saving you. You were His child from before the foundation of the world and in due time He called you by name. You were chosen.

13. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Works salvation by JD731.

Read this and tell me what it means: "But God..."

14. Eternally Grateful

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is what I said

Your the one who has a reading issue my friend.. Not me

15. Eternally Grateful

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to keep reading

God saved us buy grace THROUGH FAITH.

Without faith. there is no salvation. there is no rebirth, their is no anything. A person is still in unbelief, and as such, condemned.

16. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    You being evasive, you said many things.

So, are you an universalist ? Do you believe everyone will eventually be saved ? If not why not ?

17. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    The faith is a gift given to us as a result of the gracious salvation provided to us "even while were dead in our sins." You cannot boast about your gracious salvation or your gracious faith, given to you by God.
    Saved by grace, through faith, still necessitates grace first, faith second. You must acknowledge "But God..."
    Notice there is no "but you" in the passage. It's nowhere in scripture, let alone this passage. So, stop propping up "you" as the one to look at in regard to salvation.

18. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I don’t. Salvation is not automatic. It’s conditional. Read the first chapter of John’s Gospel. Pay close attention to vs. 10 through 13.

19. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    austin

Agreed. Most in christendom believe their natural faith contributes to salvation. Thats works

20. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salvation was conditional, on the Faithful obedience of Christ.Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

If you mean conditioned on man, thats works, merit !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.