TO BE OR NOT TO BE

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Alex2165, Jul 30, 2020.

1. RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But God does make everyone who believes in Jesus Christ worthy; I never said otherwise. BTW, I'm not Calvinistic on this point. I maintain that God sovereignly makes it possible for all to believe or not, the Devil be damned.

2. Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are saved by believing ( trusting ) on Jesus for our sins ,that he died for our sins , was buried and rose again on the third day , according to the scriptures. Simple .

3. Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you Lydia ? Lydia was already a believer in the God of Israel ..

4. Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mathew 7.14 14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
    Find what ? could you answer me please as to 'find what 'in the above verse ?

5. Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just like Lydia, God opens hearts so that men will listen to the Gospel.

Some call it "drawing" ( John 6:44 ).

6. Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Find the way which leads to life, Barry.

That is what it says.

7. Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But this is about What God did to Lydia who was already a worshipper of God .
    when you say 'just like Lydia ' where is the support for this ? I have a verse that says John the baptist had The Holy Spirit from the womb . Do we then say ' Just like John the Baptist God gives the Holy Spirit in the womb to people today in 2020 ?
    .Acts is about the transition period from the old to the new and from jew to gentiles . Its not a pattern for normative reality for after that period or today .

8. Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes and the answer is John 14 .6

9. Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    'some call it drawing ' ? Lydia is already worshipping God .This is the worst example for Calvinism to use .

10. Alex2165 Active Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Good pondering Dave. I can only say, Amen.

GOD bless you too.

11. Alex2165 Active Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Matthew 7.13-14
    13.Enter by the narrow gate. The gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and many are those who enter by it.
    14.The gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and few are those who find it.

"The Narrow gate" means life according to GOD Statutes and Commandments with severely restrict human beings from the worldly way of life. The Law of GOD narrows us into a certain specific set of Rules and Regulations and created a border fence around us.

"The Wide gate" means life of the world that follows very wide range of their own set of rules, regulations, and free will options which are not compatible with life in the "narrow gate." Morality of the world have no limit in its variety and everyone has their own morality based on their own desires and will, and this is why it is called "The Wide Gate," means wide choices of laws and morality.

Because Jesus used word, "gate" in these Statements, He meant a Kingdom, because Kingdoms have gates. Today we call it a border post. Fortified cities in ancient times had gates which can be locked from inside.

" be that find it" Jesus did not meant ordinary city or kingdom, He meant Heavenly Kingdom, His Kingdom. So the answer will be, that those who go through a "Narrow Gate" means through the Law and Statutes of the Lord, will find "that find it" the Kingdom of GOD.

The "Wide Gate" through which world follows will lead to a dead end.

12. Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could it just be as simple as 'Jesus ' . To Find that He is the Only way.

13. Alex2165 Active Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    He is the only "Narrow Gate."

14. Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes . Because of pride , wealth and many other reasons some reject .

15. 37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you think one obeys the gospel? Matthew 7:21-23 are some who did not. 2 Thessalonians 1:8. . .

16. Alex2165 Active Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Your quotes perfectly support my point of view. And I can add to it.

Matthew 7.21.24-27
    21."Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but only the one who does the will of My Father in Heaven.

I am not talking only about non-believers, but I am talking about those who call themselves believers, particularly those who already considered themselves saved, just because Jesus used general terminology to spark attention in peoples' minds to His words.

What is general terminology? General terminology is like the name of the book. You read the name of the book, and probably already guess what the book all about. But in order to know exactly the theme of the book, you need opened it and read it.

Jesus Christ call people to Himself by many different ways and by many parables, but sometimes He explained directly how to find Him, How to obey Him, and how to enter His Kingdom and inherit eternal life.

So, His slogans brought people to Him to listen, but His literal explanations of how to obey the Lord and achieve salvation relayed on the actual deeds and works.

And Matthew pointed exactly how people responded to Jesus' call. Those who responded to Jesus only by His general terminology and slogans, and calling Him constantly "Lord, Lord" for whatever reason, but do not do His will, such "Christian" minimized greatly their chance of salvation.

Those Christians who do will of GOD, they do not need general calls and slogans, because they already know what to do, and how to fulfill the will of the Lord.

1John 5.3
    3.The love of GOD is this that we obey His Commandments. And His Commandments are not burdensome,

And, what the will of the Lord? The will of the Lord is to obey His Commandments.

COMMANDMENT - 1

You shall have no other gods.

(Exodus 20.1-3)

2."I am the Lord your GOD Who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.

3.You shall have no other gods before Me.

COMMANDMENT - 2

You shall not make an idol.

(Exodus 20.4-6.23)

4.You shall not make for yourself an idol or any likeness of what is in heaven above, or on the earth beneath, or in water under the earth.

5.You shall not worship them or serve them, I the Lord your GOD, am a jealous GOD, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me,

6.but showing loving-kindness to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.

COMMANDMENT - 3

You shall not take the name of the Lord in vain.

(Exodus 20.7)

7.You shall not take the name of the Lord your GOD in vain, the Lord will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain.

COMMANDMENT - 4

Observe the Sabbath Day.

(Exodus 20.8-11)

8.Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy.

9.Six days you shall labor and do all your work,

10.but the Seventh Day is a Sabbath of the Lord your GOD, in it you shall not do any work, you or your son, or your daughter, your male, or your female servant, or your cattle, or your resident alien who stays with you.

11.In six days the Lord made the heavens and the Earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the Seventh Day, therefore

the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

COMMANDMENT - 5

Honor your father and mother.

(Exodus 20.12)

12.Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the Lord your GOD gives you.

COMMANDMENT - 6

You shall no murder.

(Exodus 20.13)

13.You shall not murder.

COMMANDMENT - 7

You shall not commit adultery.

(Exodus 20.14)

14.You shall not commit adultery.

COMMANDMENT - 8

You shall not steal.

(Exodus 20.15)

15.You shall not steal.

COMMANDMENT - 9

You shall not bear false witness.

(Exodus 20.16)

16.You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

COMMANDMENT - 10

You shall not covet anything belonging to others.

(Exodus 20.17)

17.You shall not covet your neighbor's house, you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor."

(About 10 Commandments see also: Deuteronomy 5.6-22)

These spiritual Commandments represent Constitution of the Old and the New Testaments, on which Jesus Christ built His teachings and His sermons. Whoever obeys them, indeed fulfill the will of the Lord.

But it does not means what a person already saved. Until a person completes his/her life cycle and live according to His Commandments, then such person a perfect candidate for the Heavenly Kingdom.

We live in Hope what we live according to His will, and we obey the Lord in Hope what we doing right things, and we look toward His Kingdom in Hope what some day we will be saved. This is why I posted "Among Three Greatest" in which Hope plays one of major roles in our relation with GOD.

If some of you base own salvation only on general terms and slogans of Jesus, as many Baptist do, and think that GOD'S Commandments no longer needed for salvation, you are certainly mistaken.

17. 37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You quote the second commandment of the Law as if it were the first.

The first commandment of the Law is who the true God is, "I am the LORD thy God, . . ." To have eternal life is to know God, John 17:3.

18. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Alex2165,

You have made many dogmatic statements, disparaging many believers. Are we to see your posts as a cry for help?

1) What is your understanding, are we to believe (think that it is true) certain things to be saved? That would put salvation in the hands of the believer, believe all the right things and voila you are automatically saved. Is that what you believe?

2) What do you see as different between "dead faith" and "live faith?" (James 2:14-26)

19. Alex2165 Active Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    To Van.

You wrote:
    "You have made many dogmatic statements, disparaging many believers. Are we to see your posts as a cry for help?"

Give me some example of my dogmatic statements, please. Above all I do not need any help, I already receive all the help I need, thanks GOD!

You wrote:
    "1) What is your understanding, are we to believe (think that it is true) certain things to be saved? That would put salvation in the hands of the believer, believe all the right things and voila you are automatically saved. Is that what you believe?"

And what you think, pray to GOD, give Him lip service on Sundays, put you dollar on the plate, declare that you already saved, " and voila you are automatically saved. Is that what you believe?"

Did you ever read my posts and read the passages of the Bible I posted in order to prove my point? So tell me, what is so disturbing in my posts? Is because I think and understood the Bible not like the Baptists do?

Thank GOD that people are different. Imagine the world that everyone will think and believe like a Baptist!

And again, give a good though to this statement below Van.

Matthew 7.21.24-27
    21."Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but only the one who does the will of My Father in Heaven.

That should be a slogan for Baptists, and not self-righteousness and self-declared salvation.

Remember story Christ told about Pharisee and a tax-collector; both praying in the Temple to GOD. The tax-collector repented greatly knowing that he is the great sinner, but Pharisee claimed to be good and not such a sinner as the tax-collector.

Guess, who of them left the Temple more justified?

20. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Above is my question and your (non)answer.

People who ask questions but do not answer them apparently do not consider others more important than themselves. Nuff said.