1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Todd Bentley & Fresh Fire Ministries

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by queenbee, Aug 18, 2008.

1. queenbee

queenbee Member

Well, it seems that Todd Bentley is getting his spiritual comeuppance. In today's local newspaper, it was announced that TB is resigning due to an 'emotional attachment" with one of his ministry personnel. On the Fresh Fire website, the Board of Directors of Fresh Fire Ministries clearly stated the rationale for asking Bentley to step down as a Director of Fresh Fire Ministries for a period of time.

http://www.freshfire.ca/

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

This is no big surprise given his false teachings and ungodly behavior, like hitting people and saying God told him to.

3. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

This is sad to see happen, as a man's marriage appears to be destroyed. Yet the Lord can work a work even in that. I hope the Lord will use this event for his glory to give cause to people to question the validity and soundness of what they are involved in. Not too long ago the homosexuality of Paul Cain was exposed the sent shockwaves through the prophetic movement.

May the Lord work a great work in this.

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

The sad thing is that Cain's behavior was what sent shock waves, not their false teachings. False teachings are apparently okay as long as everyone seems moral.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Thats excellent Marcia - be a false teacher, just behave. It seems like that is becoming the norm.

6. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

The Bible STANDS...Regardless

Roger and Marcia....Good catch! The issue is the degradation in our day of the importance of sound Doctrine and the AUTHORITY of every last word,jot,and tittle of this marvelous book we call the Holy Bible. We live in an ever-increasing day of apostasy. Todd Bentley's unscriptural so-called "revival" is just more evidence of that. Sadly,his marital problems are just symptomatic of the heart of the "movement" he is involved in. It is all based on feeling and experience....not obedience to scripture. As for morals....we all know there are plenty of "moral" people that will inhabit HELL. Sad...very sad.

Greg Perry Sr.

7. ReformedBaptist

That's the issue with deception. When folks are deceived they don't see the false teaching. I praise God He allows such behaviors to help wake people up. :praying:

8. ReformedBaptist

I am using your post because it makes an assessment of this movement. So I mean to ask these questions generally...

1. Has anyone been involved with Todd Bentely or the prophetic movement before?

2. Has anyone attended a service like TB's either at that church or another?

I will answer my own questions here also. I was a part of the prophetic movement for around 3 years. But I will wait for other answers before answering for myself.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The post I made with four Youtube links is an single interview of someone who is from that movement and describes with accuracy and clarity the failings of it. It is a good interview.

10. ReformedBaptist

I haven't watched them all. I turned him off when we confessed his commitment to the charismata, or continued spiritual gifts in the charismatic sense.

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I was not impressed with that. What I was impressed with was while he holds to those views he gave very biblical criticism of this evil Bently is pushing. You might want to view them in light of his views on charismata.

12. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

But for charismatics who like TB or think he might be okay, biblical criticism from a fellow charismatic holds more weight so sometimes it's good to know these sources. Even though this is outside my ministry, I've been asked about it (I get questions about all "weird" stuff!).

13. ReformedBaptist

Having been in that movement I can share from an insider's viewpoint as well.