1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Totally Depraved Cornelius

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by utilyan, Apr 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Can you name anyone elect? Name one living soul on earth holier than you?

Well if you claim not to know how can you be sure anyone is vessel for destruction?

John 13
    34“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
    35“By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

1 John 3

10By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.

2 John 1
    4I was very glad to find some of your children walking in truth, just as we have received commandment to do from the Father. 5Now I ask you, lady, not as though I were writing to you a new commandment, but the one which we have had from the beginning, that we love one another. 6And this is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, that you should walk in it.

7For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist. 8Watch yourselves, that you do not lose what we have accomplished, but that you may receive a full reward. 9Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son. 10If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting; 11for the one who gives him a greeting participates in his evil deeds.

If a stranger , a child asked does God love them? There is only one group of people who going to shrug and not know.

If God gives a universal command to NOT SIN, There is only one group of people who don't know what God wants for everyone.

2. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure. I am one of the elect.

What in the world are you talking about?

Because the Bible says so.

I would not shrug. The only HONEST answer is that if you are not saved, you are not in the love of God but under His wrath of judgement.

What are you talking about?

3. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah yes, except that is not a corner you paint Calvinists into. What is the origin of evil? I assume that means you know since you aren't Calvinist.

4. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Try this sense.
    Deuteronomy 29:29. 'The secret things belong to the LORD, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever...........'

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still waiting to know what asterisk I forgot.

6. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You seem so sure you are elect. Then you won't mind proving it.

Didn't they teach you how to read in school?
    When you run into a question you have no answer for your comment is always "what are you talking about" Still your problem is always the same you must not understand what is being said.
    MB

7. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Because your definition in all likely hood is a joke. There is 2nd class words assigned with adjectives when they don't have any. For example some Calvinist say God indeed loves everyone, with a 2nd class common love. Or folks get a 2nd class common grace. You would call something evil GOOD on account of might makes right, rather than GOOD itself

What is a portrayed is evil God. which you would never call evil. all he is Good because he is God.

God can ordain the rape of a child for his glory. hey its for his glory, the glory of God is that EVIL or GOOD?

The Emperor has no Clothes.

Worship the wrong idea of sovereignty rather than who God actually is.

James 4

5Or do you think that the Scripture speaks to no purpose: “He jealously desires the Spirit which He has made to dwell in us”? 6But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, “GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE.”

Or is it gives humility to the graced?

"Sure. I am one of the elect."

Hows that work when you think you are the only holy one alive on earth? You can't name a single person better than you.

Scripture says you can tell who is christian or not. Calvinist tradition introduces adjectives to distort plain words. So then Christians become fake Christians or professed Christians, Its not like the authors didn't already have words for those things.

All I'm asking is for a little common sense here. When God wants to provoke Jews to jealously why bother if a internal change has to happen

Luke 19
    41When He approached Jerusalem, He saw the city and wept over it,

God is crying because the folks he forced to be evil? He is crying over the reprobates he doesn't love anyway?

"What are you talking about?"

When God COMMANDS something does it not express what he wants!?

Does not the COMMAND of GOD give you a hint of his want and desires?

• Like Like x 1
  8. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All believers are elect, whether they believe it or not. Don't forget that in the past all the great evangelists were what are called Calvinists.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh really;:Rolleyes Billy Graham isn't Calvinist and most likely reached more people with gospel that all the Calvinist put together.
    MB

10. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    None of the Calvinist preachers sent "converts" or "enquirers" back to Roman Catholic Churches or other compromomised churches as Graham did. Therefore his gospel was flawed

Anyway your point is just not true. The Huguenots were once about 48% of the population of France, before the religious wars wiped tyhem out, and they were Calvinists. Far more than Graham ever reached. And that is just one country.

11. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ever heard of George Whitefield? The greatest evangelist that ever was?

12. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I have.
    The greatest imo are the ones who reached the most people with the gospel. N0 one else has even reached even half as many as Billy Graham.

13. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one and especially Calvinist have a perfect doctrine. A man's idea of what is perfect is terribly flawed. The only thing important is that we believe in Jesus Christ
    You may have over exaggerated the population of Huguenots in France they only made up 10% of Frances population.
    MB

14. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even if they profess heresy?

Clearly he had a different Gospel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well different than yours that's for sure. At least what Billy Graham taught was the truth. Better than the false doctrine you profess
    You're sort of like the pot calling the kettle black. When you become spotless then you may be able to judge pthers. Right now your judgement is meaningless.
    MB

16. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you even going to bother to comment on the quotes from Graham that are clearly against Scripture or just personally attack me without basis?

17. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 11:15 PM Pacific.

18. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.