1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

true or false: god CANNOT save Anyone Unless You Permit Him Too!

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Buzzer....Wrong. He saved me. :thumbsup:

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember I'm not Reformed, I'm PB. And I don't know why he does what he does but I know this, that I did not want to be saved & he had to change me totally before I would accept him. Sin was my god, not God. He has to change me, make new the sinful man before he will accept....not stand there and wait for someone to accept Him, that would never occur. Pardon the pun but your analogy is all wet.

#22 Earth Wind and Fire, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2011
  3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Allan states..

"So IF God does it all and man nothing (100% God) and that were true then God does not need man to believe IN ORDER TO save him."

Right, now your getting it!:godisgood:

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you telling me here that God needs you (Man)? your kidding right!

5. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did MY part, now God, you do yours...

We do err not knowing the depravity of man as it relates to the Grace of God. While it is true we have a "free" will to choose, we have not the ability to choose wisely. Our wills are enslaved to our nature which is depraved to uttermost. Without God showing us the path, we will never find it--surely not on Mars Hill.

Ephesians 2: 8-10, " For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them.

Everything one needs for salvation is provided by God--including faith. This is what GRACE is all about. We deserve: death and destruction with eternal separation from our creator, which is exactly what we have--without Jesus; yet He gives us eternal life with Him--through Christ Jesus.

I(me and myself) have decided. I(me and myself) have made a decision... We think somehow we have found Jesus, when in fact He found us--in the pit.

Amazing.

Peace.

Bro. James

P.S. These observations did not come from the Book of Chauvin.

#25 Bro. James, Jun 4, 2011
  6. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Unless a person is willing to come to Christ, God is helpless to do anything to effect their salvation.

7. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "God is helpless." That is a hallmark of your theology.

9. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Robert, pay no attention to the rantings, just dismiss as an infantile shot across the bow.

10. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So do you agree or disagree with the proposition that God is helpless --to "effect salvation" or anything else?

11. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

No is my answer to the OP.

God did all of the saving. In fact, He gave us the faith we have. (I know some of you think you had it yourselves, inherently, which is against Scripture.) You didn't. We have nothing but what we have received. 1 Cor. 4:7.

It is all to God's Glory. All of it.

Some want to make it like thay had some ability and part in saving themselves. This, too, is contrary to Scripture.

Arminians and the like (who won't title themselves as such, but nonetheless are in doctrine and belief) believe God is Sovereign. Until He is. Then they buck.

Calvinists (and those who belive this way, rejecting the title) believe He is. Period. And that He is Just in being Who He is.

Those who don't believe thus cry "that's unfair" as though we have some rights concerning this.

Bottom line? We don't.

#31 preacher4truth, Jun 4, 2011
  12. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

analogy

That analogy tells me lambs don't know when to lye down, when to eat, where to eat, when to drink. When to find shade. That lambs depend on the shepherd.

That analogy is for the Peter's in the world. Those who have been called to work in the field, feed His lambs. It is not 100% God you are apart of the plan. A good shepherd uses sheep to bring in the lost lambs.

When we work on what we have been given not bury it, we are given more.

#32 psalms109:31, Jun 4, 2011
  13. Allan

Allan Active Member

:) Yes, I know your position EWF. Remember I was first addressing Dr. Bob and then your statement about Dr. Bob's post. So actually I was addressing 'his' (the Cal / Reformed) position, which includes man having to believe in order to be saved.

As I have said often on the BB, I believe the only real Monergistic system (whereby God actually does it all) is that which the PB's hold. God saves man irregardless of faith.

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I dont know what your talking about..... hows that for being sheep like. :laugh:

Now Peter tried to walk on water & he fell in....so much for mans having faith & pure belief. He got wet too.:smilewinkgrin:

15. Winman

Winman Active Member

This is error. The scriptures repeatedly show the unregenerate have the ability to believe or trust, do a word search of the word "trust" and see for yourself. Jesus said the unregenerate Jews trusted in Moses (Jn 5:45), speaking of trusting in the works of the law. Unregenerate man's problem is not lack of ability to believe, but trusting in their own righteousness instead of trusting on Christ.

Even dumb sheep can trust, Jesus said they know their shepherd's voice, and will flee from a stranger.

All abilities we have, whether regenerate or unregenerate come from God, so this is another false argument.

Saying the scriptures teach unregenerate man cannot believe is utterly false and refuted by many scriptures.

16. psalms109:31

Power of God

It is such a hard thing for man to do powered by the Holy Spirit keeping their focus on Christ and to do what God had called him to do?

#36 psalms109:31, Jun 4, 2011
  17. Winman

Winman Active Member

Wait a minute, Peter was a believer, so according to you he got his faith from God. Did God give Peter a defective faith that failed?

See, this is what happens when your doctrine is unscriptural, you paint yourself into a corner.

18. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a fundamental difference in how "grace" (man does NOTHING or it is no longer "grace") is perceived.

States the difference between calvinistic and semi-pelagian thinking quite well.

God regenerates/saves man by grace alone without works
    or
    God regenerates/saves man only if man cooperates with God.

19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Hes helpless in going against his very nature and decrees...you disagree?

20. psalms109:31

Emotion

Men emotionally want to hide in a corner and don't want to do anything thinking it will take away from the grace of God.

God tells us to trust in God is not work, if it is not work than it does not take away from the grace of God. We are saved by grace through faith. This faith tells us, teaches us that the wages of our sin is death a debt we cannot pay. We are saved by grace, because you didn't have to pay it, so just trust in Jesus.

What we can do, is do what God has called us to do and then give Him the glory for without Him we can't do anything.

We are saved by grace through faith, the faith that was given to us by God through the word about Jesus and His word, so trust in Him.

#40 psalms109:31, Jun 4, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.