1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured True or false statement?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One cannot expound on the Word of God apart from being a Theologian, though we see many try to.

God bless.

2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are different fields of theology and Biblical Studies is not one of those fields.

3. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will change this to "What field/s of Theology do you think RC studies, or has studied...that MacArthur has not? What expertise do you think RC has that MacArthur does not?"

God bless.

4. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are getting way off topic.

5. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really.

Whether the Pre-Tribulation Rapture is taught in the Scriptures and whether anyone for 1900 years took this view can be directly correlated to the understanding of teachers today. John MacArthur is an excellent Theologian that takes the Pre-Trib view, and doesn't do too bad a job teaching it.

You set a standard for who is and who isn't a Theologian with some pretty questionable parameters. So when we consider the issue in light of the Topic is has, at the least, more relevance than the derailing of the thread to a debate about Dispensationalism. I didn't see you complaining about that.

The Pre-Trib view is not something that can only be held by Dispensationalists, and just because there are similar views doesn't throw one into a particular System of Theology.

And that, my friend...is relevant to the discussion. Those who deny there are differing dispensations amaze me. Many of those that do are often seen debating about the difference between being under the Covenant of Law and being under the New Covenant, but...there are no differing dispensations?

The fact that MacArthur takes a Pre-Trib view sets him as a better Theologian (and of course this is just my opinion, though there is no denying he is a Theologian) than RC. The study of Eschatology is far more important to our understanding of Bible Doctrine as a whole, and those that reject the Pre-Trib view have not, in my opinion...done the studies you claim makes one a Theologian.

Just because someone writes a starter guide for Systematic Theology does not mean the material in those writings is credible. If this is the case, then you would have to set John's knowledge of God below that of Mormon and Jehovah Witnesses "theologians."

And that's it for me. You can re-rail the thread as you see fit.

God bless.

6. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

MacArthur provides this definition of Dispenationalism: "That the Bible taught a unique place for Israel and that the Church could not fulfill God's promises to Israel, therefore, there is a still a future and a kingdom involving the salvation and the restoration and the reign of the nation Israel (historical Jews)."

The Bible teaches that Christians inherited the promises so Abraham (Galatians 3:16). And, to say that God has a plan outside the church -- outside of Christ -- is blasphemy.

The Old Covenant was not a plan outside of the church, it was the pre-messianic church.