1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump demands respect?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Matt Black, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

A potential future enemy, I think you'll find. Fairly inevitable, given Trump's anti-NATO and anti-European rhetoric: he didn't honestly think he'd get away with that with impunity, did he? Alienating allies? Oh, guess what, he's done it again this weekend!

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump nailed the NATO bunch as cheapskate deadbeats. No, they want Obama back, but it looks as if Hillary will run again in 2020 (well, walk anyway.) Trump will be impeached in January so start buying supplies for your caviar and champagne parties in London, Paris, and Berlin. It is the triumph of the #NeverTrump crowd. Also, plan on going to Mexico the first of December for AMLO's inauguration--Maduro will be there and maybe some of the others of the big government welfare state persuasion.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Secret Service said no fly. A spur of the moment presidential motorcade for a 50 mile trip is a ridiculous proposition in the US, and especially in France.

Just bottle up your hate on this and go on. There's nothing here.

Something else will maybe come up later where you can justifiably exercise your hate. This is not it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Matt Black

Site Supporter

So no back up plan then. Poor show

5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What difference does it make? It is now the EU. This is not 1918. I only hope that Greece sues Germany for a trillion dollars for all of the damage that Germany did to Greece during World War II.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could be, so hate on.

7. Matt Black

Site Supporter

I don't hate him. I hate much of what he says and does, particularly as a Christian...as all good Christians do

8. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem I see is one of political tone deafness. This isn't the first time for an American administration. Like they say for an American a hundred miles is a short distance and a hundred years is ancient history.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is pretty hard to believe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    France is not a no go area. I went there for a few days earlier this month, and visited a church pastored by an American Missionary pastor who is disabled, in his 70's, but won't retire until he is unable to retire or a replacement pastor will take over. He is the type of American I love and admire, not those who mouth off about Europe without knowing the first thing about it.

We visit this church whenever we go to France these days, usually once a year

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In our new church, there is an American young lady and a French old lady. For me, the US is a no go area, not because I don't like Americans but because |I think it is a dangerous place. You just had a marine shoot up a place and kill many, and how many school shootings have you had over the last few years?

12. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who says the backup plan wasn't to go there at all if not by helicopter? There could have been security issues the Secret Service was concerned about - this is France, Trump is not exactly popular there.

"All good Christians" must agree with you on everything. Don;t sweat it, not your country, not your president.

13. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hitler made the French sign their Armistice in the same carriage when he took Paris, He then took the carriage back to Berlin and after that there are two versions, 1). That Hitler blew it up, and 2). It was destroyed in the allied bombing..
    When we visited the site we noted that although the Germans had vandalized a French memorial, they had left the giant statue of Gen, Foch standing.

The carriage on show is said to be one from the original train. When we visited it was Tuesday and the museum containing the carriage was closed.

14. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suspect that President Trump (like much of the US) does not care too much if they offend the French.

Macron addressed President Trump in a way when he pointed out the difference between "nationalism" and "patriotism" by explaining that nationalism was "a betrayal of patriotism". The irony, of course, is that patriotism is a definition of nationalism (although nationalism typically implies a feeling that one's country is better than other countries.....something for which the UK is famous). I hope that most citizens of the United States feels that their country is better than other countries. I hope that citizens of the UK believe that it is far better to be British than American. I wish people pride in their nation and a sense of patriotism that is by definition a sense of nationalism.

Unfortunately I believe that we (as most of Europe has done) are leaning towards a globalization that will weaken our nation. We see that in those who would prefer open boarders here. We saw that in Europe. Just look at the UK (can't grant asylum to a young lady and her family because they have lost control of elements coming into their own country).

I mean, what kind of impunity can we (or President Trump) expect? Is France going to whine on our shoulders and ruin our shirts with their tears? Is the UK going to stop exporting bland food? Is China and Mexico going to force American owned businesses to return to the US?

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually very few.

16. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So are you going to Paris for Christmas? We hear that Paris is dirtier than San Francisco and a lot like Malmo. Do you go to Malmo?

17. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Europe is globalist like the Dems. It is illegal in Europe to say that Mohammad married a six year old girl. Roman Polanski is a hero in Europe.

Trump is a nationalist meaning in part that he rejects globalism. That really irks the rich in the UK.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whether or not he attends a service where America military dead are buried affects you how?

Except to give you a phony reason to exercise your hatred.

Except for the haters, this is a non issue. That includes the media, almost all of whom failed to mention the Secret Service had grounded Marine 1. On purpose. Hatred works like that.

#58 carpro, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  19. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everyday the left launches a viscous attack on Trump. They could care less about the end of WW I. Trump should send the homosexual ambassador to Germany to all European and UN events and go to one of his resorts and relax.

• Like Like x 1
  20. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Marcon called Petain a "great soldier."

Petain was a Nazi collaborator.