1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump has 91% chance of re-election, according to model that got 25 of the last 27 elections right

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jul 9, 2020.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are problems with all eschatological
    positions. Since one’s eschatological views are not salvific, I haven’t discussed eschatology much for years. As long as one believes that Christ will return I see no reason to engage in a knockdown-dragout fight over details none of us really knows. God will handle things as He has planned, not based on what we think of various symbols.

2. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There are problems with this doctrine because man has created the doctrine by interpreting the scripture in a certain fashion.
    I mean it is quite a glaring example, dont you think so?

I also dont have any personal problem with people believing this or not. There are problems with the premillennial doctrine too, like what is happening with married couples having children during the millennial reign of Christ on this earth who then turn out to be enemies of Christ.

We will however find out someday as we will experience knowing fully the truth. Because for now we see through a glass darkly, but when Christ returns, it will be face to face.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I really don’t think about eschatology much anymore. I’m pretty well satisfied with Hendriksen’s method of interpreting Revelation and just leave it at that.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't they always?

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this your reply to the issue of prostitution? Is that what you want legalized? What about child trafficking? What about narcotics? What about state lotteries? What about Coke, Nike, and Heinz and others using overseas child labor?

No wonder you are a minority if you want to legalize prostitution.

Where do you stand on slavery? Do you want slavery abolished?

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You answer my question about fornication first. To use your own reasoning, as I previously asked, do you want to criminalize it or do you ignore it? Since we both agree that fornication is sinful.

7. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You brought that up, as you know, and I merely asked you if you meant prostitution by that. How can I answer when you haven't defined the term?