1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump hits China with 50B in tariffs

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Calminian, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Stock Market rocked, but it'll come roaring back. Very bold move.

Here are the President's remarks at the signing. The move makes sense to me. In an ideal world, no one should have tariffs. But things are far from ideal, and we've paid the price by being the only boy scouts on the block. Europe has very strong tariffs against us, and China has taken 60,000 factories from us with unfair tactics.

2. Billx

Billx Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bold yes and done without negotiation and attempts to prevent war. I agree we need to change our deal with them. I am sure this not the path Nixon who normalized relations with china nor would Reagan. A little mellowing would go a long way.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

From your article:

In short, Trump holds the high cards when it comes to China, and, unlike his predecessors, he knows it.​
    So, yes, Ambassador Cui, we will see who lasts longer if you choose to go toe-to-toe with president No. 45.

It appears we're already seeing this.

[​IMG]
    Trump’s Tough Talk On China Works: China’s Premier Pledges Opening Market To Avert Trade War

And stocks back up. Dow almost completely recovered.
    STOCKS SOAR; DOW +650

Trump is the perfect President for this very time. None of the other candidates would have had the guts to pick this fight.