1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump issues shocking statement about ‘alt-left,’ their involvement in Charlottesville terror attack

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    President Donald Trump on Tuesday condemned the “alt-left” for having a hand in the Charlottesville terror attack which killed one and injured scores more.

During a press conference from the lobby of New York City’s Trump Tower, Trump said, “I think there’s blame on both sides.”

“You had a group on one side and you had a group on the other, and they came at each other with clubs and it was vicious and it was horrible, and it was a horrible thing to watch,” Trump said. “I think there’s blame on both sides.”

When reporters asked the president about the violence from the “alt-right,” Trump fired back, “What about the alt-left that came charging at the, as you say, the alt-right?” He then asked, “Do they have any semblance of guilt? What about the fact that they came charging with clubs in their hands swinging clubs? Do they have any problem? I think they do.”

Trump issues shocking statement about ‘alt-left,’ their involvement in Charlottesville terror attack

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not shocking to me.

I love it.

Long time coming.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's see. One group claims superiority on the basis of skin color, and promotes racism and bigotry. The other side opposes racism and bigotry.

Yep, that makes them directly comparable...well it does in Trump's morally ambiguous world.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are they comparable in regard to free expression and to not being attacked for such expression?

5. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No. When one group's 'free expression' has caused the deaths of 6 million Jews, laid waste to vast swathes of Europe includinf British cities, there is no comparison. Trump is at best playing the role of Hindenburg here....and we know how that ended.

6. Matt Black

Site Supporter

7. Matt Black

Site Supporter

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. LowOiL

LowOiL Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The joke to me is one day, the left gets mad because Trump does not mention the KKK group.

The next day Trump mentions the alt-right groups by name but does not mention the leftist agitators by name, so Trump's support base gets mad at him

The next day Trump mentions leftist groups to pacify his own fans and everyone says "a day too late".

Trump is an idiot. He should of said on the first day, "hey you jerks on the left and right, you are what is wrong here". Did he not have the foresight to see playing favorites like Obama did ticks people off.

Call evil by it's name and stop trying to appease certain groups.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes or No: Do nazis have freedom of expression by the Constitution?
    Yes or No: Do other groups have the 'right' to attack nazis because of the party's/name's history?
    Yes or No: Is the ACLU wrong in insisting the nazis have a right to hold a rally in the public square?

10. Matt Black

Site Supporter

1. Yes but not to shout 'fire' in a crowded theatre - under the Constitution. And I would argue that the Constitution should be if necessary amended to proscribe them as they are in Germany, and the KKK, as terrorist organisations like ISIS, given the murderous history and stated genocidal objectives of both groups.

2. They shouldn't need to: the state should be arresting them and locking them up as the terrorists they are - see my reply to #1 above.

3. See my reply to #1 above.

That's the only answer to these evil mass-murdering scum that will work. Evil flourishes where good men do nothing and blame 'all sides'.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those people at that event in Charlottsville cause the death of 6 million Jews? Ridiculous

• Like Like x 1
  12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry just because nazi's were at this event does not negate what others did in any fashion. i know the extreme far left on this board and elsewhere would like to be able to do that but it is not going to be ignored I can assure you. It is just not reality.

13. Matt Black

Site Supporter

The Nazis did. Nazis were at Charlottesville. And I can't even believe we're talking about this: I mean, Nazis in 2017. My grandfather, a WW2 RAF veteran, would have climbed into his Lancaster bomber and bombed the living crap out of these evil thugs if he was alive and fit today.

[Cp: None of the other groups and ideologies there are responsinle for genocide. That should be the end of the discussion. The fact that it doesn't seem to be is highly problematic and worrying in and of itself. ]

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did those Nazis at Charlottsville kill 6 million Jews?

15. Matt Black

Site Supporter

The ideology did. Stop playing games. This is deadly serious and I hope you're better than this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Did the KKK members at Charlottesville lynch any blacks? Maybe, maybe not. But that's not the point: their ideology has and will do so again given half a chance. Which is why no such chance must be given.

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one there is responsible for genocide. There were people who hate Jews there, there were people who hate black people there, there were people who hate white people there.

The Democrat party is responsible for the enslavement of black people, their torture, and the killing of people who opposed them. Should we tie that past to the Democrat party?

Of course not, neither should we tie slavery to white people.(black people owned slaves as well.) No one living today took part in those activities.

We are only guilty of the things we actually do, not of what was done by someone else in the past. The racism against Jews is no worse or better than the racism against blacks, or whites. It is all equally evil.

Nazi's being present does not negate the racism of BLM or antifa. Those who try to do this are only showing their support of that type of racism. And that support is as evil as the racist groups like nazis, blm, or antifa.

All racism should be equally condemned at all times in all situations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no reason, nay no logical reason to think that of all the racists at that event and all of those who caused violence are condemned equally that it will give room for one of them to advance their ideology. Since this is fact it makes those who refuse to condemn everyone who engaged in violence and all the racist groups their look like the support one type of violence and racism over the other.

19. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Have BLM or Antifa committed mass murder, then? As and when they do, come back to me on the moral equivalence point. Until then, it's a redundant lie which enables the Nazis and Klan, as David Duke confirmed in his comment on Trump's statement yesterday.

20. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have just lied by implication. You implied those neo-nazis committed mass murder. They have not. Recognizing that fact as well as recognizing the other problem people there in no way enables them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.