1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump judge nominee, 36, who has never tried a case, wins approval of Senate panel

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by FollowTheWay, Nov 10, 2017.

1. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then go with the flat-earthers, the climate change deniers and the "There are no more facts only ratings" people.

#81 FollowTheWay, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2017
  2. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So all of our respected organizations are radical liberal groups? The group that has been hijacked is the Southern Baptist Convention. They pay allegiance to the Republican party and the most immoral president in history. There isn't much difference between fundamentalists in any religion.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the lost nests just keeps adding up

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing about this post is true

5. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So it is better to let other people do my thinking for me rather than thinking for myself?

6. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lincoln, then, was a conservative, as he said if he could preserve the Union [status quo] without freeing one slave, he would do it. In England, in Smith v. Browne and Cooper, it was ruled that "when a negro comes into England, he becomes free." Such person did not have the status of a free citizen with rights under the Bill of Rights of 1689, but that was a step further than most of the American colonies fighting against England. So in both the Revolutionary War and the Civil War, the country fighting for independence supported slavery to a greater degree than the preservers of the status quo.

Should Christians support slavery? I should say no, also. But if we find ourselves in such a position, should be heed Colossians 3:22?

7. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I knew Slick Willie was a Southern Baptist when he was in office, but I didn't know he was a Republican.

8. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing abou
    Is it better for you to self-diagnose yourself as not having cancer when the Oncologist says you do?

9. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me spell i out. Trump is the most immoral president in history. There's a lot of focus on Judge Moore's sexual attacks right now and the Republican Party wants him to step down. What about the women who have come forward to accuse Trump of unwanted sexual advances and attacks? This is the man who said "then you can grab them by their p***y.

10. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you agree with the AMA endorsement for Sec Health? A guy whose sole goal is to do away with Obamacare?

Oh, and my oncologist is NOT an AMA member. Sorry. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's see your scoreboard. How many women did Trump grab? how many did Slick Willie grab? how many did the other presidents grab? You have to know these things to say one is the "most immoral."

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He/she just says things they wish were true. Not worth considering

13. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem with the ABA goes beyond this particular case. According to Ruling Out the ABA on Judges on page A18 in yesterday's (11/15) WSJ, the ABA has "slapped" four "not qualified" ratings on the president's nominees for various courts. These include Leonard Grasz and Brett Talley. The WSJ's website is behind a paywall. So, I suggest interested parties get down to their local public library and take a look.

• Like Like x 2
  14. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The ABA is for SSM and abortion:

ABA and Dems Smear Court Picks

Gee, I wonder why people think the ABA is liberal?

It's better to get a second or third opinion, even if you are an oncologist yourself. By the way, your KellyAnne Conway quote is wrong, so I guess TCassidy is right it's better to think for yourself than think what an oncologist or George Soros tells you to think - with cancer, get a second opinion.

15. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know who their candidate is. Who is it?: But I do know that the AMA as well mas almost all medical associations are against the GOP objective to repeal ObamaCare.

Doctors: No
    Physicians rarely agree on anything as strongly as they do that the Graham-Cassidy health-care bill is harmful.

Today, America’s major physician organizations are recommending something, strongly and in unison: The latest health-care bill, known as Graham-Cassidy, would do harm to the country and should be defeated.

Coalitions of health professionals that have spoken publicly against the measure so far include the American Medical Association (“Provisions violate longstanding AMA policy”), the American Psychiatric Association (“This bill harms our most vulnerable patients”), the American Public Health Association (“Graham-Cassidy would devastate the Medicaid program, increase out-of-pocket costs, and weaken or eliminate protections for people living with preexisting conditions”), the National Institute for Reproductive Health (“the Graham-Cassidy bill preys on underserved communities ... a clear and present danger”), and Federation of American Hospitals (“It could disrupt access to health care for millions of the more than 70 million Americans”).

This is in addition to the American Academy of Pediatrics, Association of American Medical Colleges, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, and many others.

Doctors: No

16. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The "Rev." just says obnoxious things with nothing to back them up.

17. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My cardiologist has a partner in his practice. He made a diagnoses regarding my mitral valve then called his partner in for a consultation. The other doctor said the exact opposite. I got a 3rd opinion, which agreed with the 2nd opinion against the 1st opinion. I guess it is going to be a "take a vote" diagnosis. :D:D:D

18. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump Surrogate's Jaw-Dropping Claim: 'No Such Thing' As Facts Anymore (AUDIO)

“Everybody has a way—it’s kind of like looking at ratings, or looking at a glass of half-full water. Everybody has a way of interpreting them to be the truth or not true. There’s no such thing, unfortunately, anymore, as facts,” she added.

You can listen to her say this in the audio on this site as well.

19. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had a serious operation (repair of an ascending aortic aneurysm right next to my heart) and did a lot of investigation both into the hospital and the surgeon. This operation took 6 1/2 hrs (my heart was stopped for 1 1/2 hrs.). and I was out of work on disability for 7 weeks. I know about getting second opinions and gathering information.