1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Trump just made the media start trashing their own reports

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Mar 6, 2017.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/05/trump-ends-innuendo-game-dealing/

Trump Ends the Wiretapping Innuendo Game by Dealing Himself In

It’s possible one reason Trump issued his explosive tweets on surveillance was to make everyone put up or shut up. That might already be working, as some of the more aggressive dealers in unsubstantiated innuendo are suddenly admitting they don’t have any actual evidence. There can’tbe any hard evidence if Trump is super-duper wrong about Obama administration surveillance:

Until now, Democrats and their media have been pleased to create the impression that allkindsof wiretapping operations were conducted against the Trump campaign, uncovering many scandalous, possibly illegal connections. Only by reading those articles carefully does one discover the sources are highly speculative and the evidence is thin at best.

One of the best and most even-handed observers of the wiretapping drama is Andy McCarthy, who writes for the decidedly non-Trumpian National Review. McCarthy’s Sunday post on the matter is well worth reading in full. His key point is that some highly unusual FISA requests for surveillance on the Trump campaign were made and were denied by the court, as very few such requests are. The Obama administration was persistent and eventually obtained the authorization it wanted, but there is reason to suspect it was not entirely candid with the FISA court on its final, successful request.

McCarthy points out that if Obama believed half of what the Democrats tout as sacred truth about the Russians working with Trump’s campaign, he would have been negligent not to authorize the kind of surveillance Trump is angry about, and there is “a less than zero chance” surveillance could have been imposed “without consultation between the Justice Department and the White House.”

• Like Like x 2
  2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm loving it! Trump should write another book..."The art of the Game". The left wingers want to play the "he said she said" but no evidence game against Trump, then use it against them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It does seem to appear Trump is in full command of the news cycle. This is one reason I wanted Trump in there rather than a Jeb or Marco. The left knows how to destroy pacifists like the Bushes. It's not use to being hit back, let alone by brawler like Trump.

• Like Like x 2
  4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is intriguing...

LOL. Yeah, I don't remember the media and Democrats alleging "all kinds of wiretaping operations were conducted against the Trump campaign".

Pure speculation.

Yeah, so? Did the FBI and other intelligence agencies conduct an investigation into the Trump/Russian connection? Yes. Was the wiretapping of certain Trump aides a part of this? Yes. Was a warrant obtained for this? Yes.

Just what is the big scandal here?

5. Calminian

Site Supporter

Just an observation, but notice ITL will always side with Democrats even though he claims to be anti Hillary and anti democrat. With enemies like him, who needs friends?

• Like Like x 1
  6. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Notice you attack me rather than address my post. Typical of you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Calminian

Site Supporter

How did I attack you?

• Like Like x 1
  8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    False witness. You know I don't like Democrats. You know I don't like Hillary. You know I didn't vote for her.

I judge things on their merit and form an opinion. Republicans are not always correct; Democrats are not always wrong, but in my experience that is how it usually shakes out.

http://www.baptistboard.com/threads...-the-modern-church.103745/page-7#post-2294695

http://www.baptistboard.com/threads/to-those-who-hate-trump.103671/#post-2291290

• Like Like x 1
  9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How did you address my post?

10. Calminian

Site Supporter

What did I say that was false? I say what I said was 100% true.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Calminian

Site Supporter

I didn't address your post, I merely made an observation—one I stand by. You are in the tank for liberal democrats. You always have been.

That that in and of itself is not an attack, but it does contradict how you've represented yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  12. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Posts of mine from the last couple of weeks:
    http://www.baptistboard.com/threads...-the-modern-church.103745/page-7#post-2294695
    http://www.baptistboard.com/threads/to-those-who-hate-trump.103671/#post-2291290
    http://www.baptistboard.com/threads...9-in-third-quarter.101971/page-2#post-2270269

#12 InTheLight, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  13. Calminian

Site Supporter

And yet during the election you did everything you could to lift up Hillary and undermine Trump. You may not have liked Bengazi, but a lot of democrats didn't. To me, that's what exposes you. You'll give lip service, but when it comes down to it, you're a liberal democrat through and though. That's the politics you identify with.

• Like Like x 1
  14. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I voted for Marco Rubio at the Minnesota REPUBLICAN caucus. Ergo, I voted for a Republican. That is Caluminian's definition of lip service, I guess.

I have voted for every Republican presidential candidate since I was able to vote (except for Trump, this year.)

When Rubio was eliminated I supported Ted Cruz.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Caluminian's definition of a liberal democrat "through and through"--voting Republican and supporting Ted Cruz.

You have the attention span of a fevered gnat.

Into the killfile with thee...

15. Calminian

Site Supporter

These are your words. I don't believe you. My evidence is the issues you've argued for on this board, which are not only against Trump, but also Cruz and Rubio. Those candidates you say you support, actually support Trump. So even if they were in and doing the same things Trump is doing, you'd fight agains them.

16. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are flat out calling me a liar?

http://www.baptistboard.com/threads/my-first-caucus-experience.98658/

Show me some of these anti-Cruz, anti-Rubio positions I've taken up in arguments on this board.

17. Calminian

Site Supporter

No, because you could also be self-deluded. But no, I don't take your words at face value. Nor do I believe you are a conservative republican. You want me to call you a liar, but I'll refrain.

I think you would like to think of yourself as conservative, but the truth is, you are not. You are much more in line with liberal politicians.

18. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Much better to call me self-deluded! LOL!

So you say, with no evidence at all, except your 'making stuff up in your head' imagination.

Done with you.

19. Calminian

Site Supporter

Promises promises.

20. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does your mother know you're on the computer again?