1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Trump takes Manhattan! Cruz teary eyed?!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zero % chance of making a difference is inaction whether or not you say/admit it or not.

I DO NOT support the devil! I stand up as a man of God and use my God given sense of reason to make informed decisions according to the REAL option available in this world.

I am not afraid of Hillary, I simply believe her values are worth taking true action against.

I do not support any candidates based on the person's salvation status but in what values they represent according to the realistic options available which I judge as a Christian man that stands up to take action..

Be careful how you address me and with your accusations against me. Your arguments are getting out of hand.

You are not promised a perfect candidate or a perfect world. Your two options of either following Christ or voting for a non-perfect candidate is a false dilemma fallacy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You must be a left over from the Reagan days. The opposition, and that includes republicans, preached that Ronnie was dangerous and would have us in a nuclear war by the end of his first year in office. They also believed he could not run a country, after all, he was little more than a "B" movie star, with multiple divorces, and a star gazing wife.

Then there were the religious left of the Roman Empire. The Pharisee's "hated"Jesus, and probably had a #NEVERMESSIAH movement going during the three years Jesus roamed about the region, teaching about the Kingdom He came to offer repentant sinner's.

Give me a break blessedwife. God is going to give this nation a leader that is within His will for America and the world we exist or a part of. All the hate, disdain or disgust towards Cruz, Bernie, Hillary or Trump, or even Kasich will not change His eternal plan.

As much dislike I had for the current president, meant nothing to His overall plan for America. Don't get too worked up over something that can't be changed. It will only make you bitter.

I predict one of these folks will lead us. And it will be according to what this country, and its people deserve. Israel learned that lesson many times, and they continued to suffer for their sinful ways. America is facing a mild form of judgement to come. We are going to get, as a nation, exactly what we deserve. Thank God our Kingdom is not here, but still to come. Shalom!

3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump is no Ronald Reagan.

Trump is no Christ. The comparison is insulting.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that Bonhoeffer best addressed people like Obama, Clinton, and even Trump:

"Upon closer observation, it becomes apparent that every strong upsurge of power in the public sphere, be it of a political or a religious nature, infects a large part of humankind with stupidity. … The power of the one needs the stupidity of the other. The process at work here is not that particular human capacities, for instance, the intellect, suddenly atrophy or fail. Instead, it seems that under the overwhelming impact of rising power, humans are deprived of their inner independence and, more or less consciously, give up establishing an autonomous position toward the emerging circumstances. The fact that the stupid person is often stubborn must not blind us to the fact that he is not independent. In conversation with him, one virtually feels that one is dealing not at all with him as a person, but with slogans, catchwords, and the like that have taken possession of him. He is under a spell, blinded, misused, and abused in his very being. Having thus become a mindless tool, the stupid person will also be capable of any evil and at the same time incapable of seeing that it is evil. This is where the danger of diabolical misuse lurks, for it is this that can once and for all destroy human beings.”

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Sorry but you're not the arbiter of what makes a difference. And if there were zero% of a chance of our votes not making a difference, you wouldn't be so diligently trying to convince us to not #NeverTrump. It'll certainly make a difference if enough folks say no to him and he doesn't become President.

I believe that I typed "Devil of a candidate".

And we believe that Trump and his actions are worth taking true action against. And you are afraid of Hillary and what you think she will do. You've already made that clear.You can say you aren't. But the fact that you think you've got to support that which is against Christ in order to give you "hope" says otherwise.

And I continue to find it odd how so many Christians seem to think that you can separate salvation status from values. If you don't trust Christ, why would I as a follower of Christ trust your "values"?:rolleyes:

There you go with that realistic stuff again. I get it. You like so many others place your politics before Christ and have to set about convincing yourselves that it's the right thing to do.

Luckily for me, I have a Jesus worldview and fully recognize that everything I do must be done to glorify Him. And you simply cannot do that by supporting that which is against Him.

You remind of that Scripture that speaks of Obedience being better than sacrifice.

You've got this misguided notion that hope of stopping Hillary rests in you voting for someone else who is against Christ so you're gonna do Christ a favor. He doesn't need your help. Jesus can handle Hillary if He so chooses. But you OBVIOUSLY don't believe that either which explains why you're trying to get hope "your way".

It's not an argument. And what you're doing isn't new. You like so many others want to be in control so you place your own ability to do things ahead of Christ doing those things. It's idolatry. If you don't like the term, then stop doing it. Nobody told you to express that the only hope of stopping Hillary was to vote for that which is against Christ. You came up with that insanity all by yourself or by listening to one of the conservative talk pundits.

I'm not looking for a perfect candidate. I'm looking for one who knows Jesus and who conducts him or herself as though he/she knows Jesus.

My priority is Jesus as should be the priority of every follower of Him.
    Those weren't the two options I gave. Every candidate is imperfect. You're either following Christ and supporting those things that glorify HIM, or you're supporting that which is against Him.

And a vote for Trump is a vote against supporting the way of Christ.

How any Christian in good conscience could support a man to be in authority over them who believes he doesn't have to ask for God's forgiveness is crazy. But then again, several of you supported a man who summarily rejects Jesus Christ as your choice to rule over you.

In fact, Christians seem to be stuck in a rut of doing this. And then complain for four year periods at a time about what their non-Christ glorifying, unrepentant actions has gotten them.

#45 Zaac, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  6. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh Regan, Now there was a President. At least from what I have read in history books, considering he took office before I was born. I was 6 when Bush Sr became president.
    Oh I have no doubt that we will get the President that we deserve. But that doesn't mean I'm going to vote for a totalitarian statist like Trump.
    Why don't you take some of your own advice and not get worked up over those of us who are voting our conscience, just as you are. I mean this is not the first time you have come off as taking it personally that I don't support your guy for president. I for one don't care that you support Trump, but your support of Trump doesn't mean I have to support him any more then my support of Cruz means you have to support him.

• Like Like x 1
  7. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who you support is your problem. And I could care less. I was just trying to calm you down wen it comes to Trump. I will vote for whomever is nominated to go against the Benghazi blonde. You on the other hand don't appear ready to.vote if Trump is our only choice, and that is sad?!

8. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. So if I was you I would stop worrying about things you can't change. I'm glad to see that you would like vote for Cruz if he gets the nomination.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Man hush. If you cared less, we wouldn't have this thread and you wouldn't have asked
    Rolleyes

Umm, you're a Trump supporter trying to calm her down because she supports Cruz? You did read where I said you're a Trump supporter, right? The Trump supporters and the Bernie supporters need to get together and show us what it's like to calm down.

10. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would add something but:

A.) Zaac and BlessedWife have given great responses.
    B.) I'm on RD2's Ignore List

I will say this--this is nonsense, and I know Benjamin knows better:

11. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Frankly, I believe you merely like to pretend on this board that you are some kind of superior Christian that only votes to follow Christ while you biasedly go about your agenda to direct your aggression toward Trump. But in truth, you enjoy claiming your reasoning is based on these superior “Christian values” of yours and although pretending otherwise about the alternative outcome, like it is not a factor in your thinking, you go about preaching that others should stick their head in sand for Christ while knowing this preaching to us “lowly Christians” only leads to one result which is to favor the alternative to Trump and that is Hillary.

This agenda of yours becomes ever so obvious while you go about gleefully cheering someone who says they won’t vote for Trump and continuously scream at others that if they do vote for him it is because they are scared of Hillary …while you revert back to reasoning that they should trust in Christ like little ole superior you, …laughable.

...As you pretend the difference you’re interested in isn’t based on the only logical result that the alternative/Hillary will become president. …you could at least play your games while demonstrating that you recognize that “others” (us less superior Christians that don’t follow Christ’s ways) have some common sense to see these facts which you pretend to ignore as insignificant.

And I believe I know your true intent. The truth is you do refer to him as the devil as declare others here follow him, you know it, I know it, don’t pretend otherwise.

[​IMG] Heard this from you already: “We” – less superior Christians, support that which is against Christ (i.e., Trump/The Devil) and place our hope in the Devil if “we” don’t follow your example to throw away our vote and give advantage to Hillary. If “we” disagree with your superior Christian reasoning it is because: A) “We don’t follow Christ, and/or B) “We are afraid of Hillary”. Got it, anything new to add.

First, and I continue to find it odd and telling that you believe your values are superior to “so many Christians” and, frankly, that you would even assume through begging the question that I would validate your salvation status to be superior to Trump’s.

Second, your condescending premise that “I don’t trust Christ” if I disagree with you (who “does follow Christ”) is also mere begging the question fallacy and has nothing to do with the reasoning given about how to best promote some of those values in the world.

Another accusation based on the premise that others follow don’t Christ if they disagree with your idea of following by sticking your head in the sand while in this world.

[​IMG] Oh yes, [​IMG] you have a superior following and fully recognize that your agenda here glorifies God, and others are merely supporting the devil.

Sounds to me that “you” are trying to convince “others” to stick their heads in the sand and allow Hillary to be president while once again accusing anyone that disagrees with “you” of not placing their hope of salvation in Christ and not following “His way”. - as if that (salvation) is the issue.

Why don’t you just come out of the closet Zaac, stop beating around the bush, and confess that you are perfectly content with Hillary being the next president and anyone that disagrees your…err ...His way is misguided by the devil?

This is your response to where I addressed the tone of your argument on this Christian board:

And you come back, first, in pure ignorance denying it was an argument, second, in stereotypical fashion accusing “others” who disagree with your idea of sticking your head in the sand of trusting in their ability ahead of Christ. Then you call these others, in this case me, which disagree with your argument tone “idolaters” and tell me if I don’t like term then stop disagreeing with you.

Then you go back to your strawman argument of accusing “any action to stop Hillary” as placing hope in “our” (anyone who would dare vote with a purpose to defeat her by choosing the alternative) selves and declare to do so is going against Christ. Finally, after repeatedly accusing “others’ of not following Christ, like you, you accuse others who make this choice to not have a mind of their own and to be to be followers of “conservative talk pundits”.

I suggest you slow down and think about the arguments you present here for a minute.

Zaac, you may think you are a superior Christian to others here, but at this point I’m going to tell you should have been ashamed of resorting to the argument above that “I want to be as God” as well as “that others are following the devil” and would have been better off apologizing rather than repeating and adding to your rhetoric.

Personally, I am surprised you allowed to cast these types of arguments on this Christian board.

Apparently, you do not even understand that right after denying your false dilemma fallacy you have merely gone about repeated it while question begging that to vote for an imperfect candidate is either of two "things" Glorying Him or being against Him - leaving no alternative if these “things” (a candidate aren’t perfect.

Again, you might want to start considering your attitude above of not apologizing for but rather repeating your rhetoric and ONCE AGAIN resorting to accusing “others” here who disagree with your reasoning of rejecting Christ and preferring to be ruled by a man.

Those “followers of the devil”, who “want to be as God”, who dare not to believe as “you” that they should stick their head in the sand, who “refuse to Glorify God”, and are “unrepentant” to your…err His ways! Got it!

You can have the last word. I’ve wasted more than enough time trying to reason with you.

#51 Benjamin, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Nobody was talking about what you believe me to be. It has nothing to do with the thread. And you're darn skippy that I'm biased toward Trump. It's the same bias I have towards anyone running for public office who does not present themselves as a person who loves Jesus and others.

But there's no need to get upset and testy because you feel like my convictions for Christ makes your idolatry for winning an election that much more evident.

Just remember that Judas got caught up in supporting the folks who were all about his values too. I'm just saying.
    I don't give you reasoning. I'm gonna tell you what God's word says. If you don't like it, argue it with Him.Thumbsup

<SNIP>

Nothing to do with thread.

My intent is to have Christians glorify Christ and not that which is against Him. It's not a secret.

What's YOUR agenda?Whistling

[​IMG]You mean like we've heard your scared justification for supporting that which is against Christ?- How many times do you think we need you to example for us that you're scared of Hillary so much so that you'd support a man who is against Christ? It's pretty sad.

Nope. No need for me to add to the truth.

Anytime folks say that it's because THEY feel like my values are superior to theirs. And then they set about belittling me to try to make themselves look big.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then they set about belittling me to try to make themselves look big.[​IMG]

And then they set about belittling me to try to make themselves look big.[​IMG]

Sounds to me that you have an idolatry problem and are just upset because more folks aren't willing to stoop into idolatry with ya just to keep Hillary out of office.Biggrin

Poor thing. I've never been in the closet about politics. So let me just repeat the same truth from another thread.My decisions to honor Christ aren't dictated or affected by who sits in the White House.[​IMG]

So unlike yourself, I'm not afraid of a Hillary Presidency.

And your point? If you don't want me to type it, then stop expressing the sentiment.

A<SNIP>

Didn't warrant a comment.

I suggest you slow down and remember that you'll stand before Christ and give an account for your idolatry.

Why don't we just say that YOU think I'm superior? Because that truly is the only reason you're attempting to belittle my conviction of not supporting that which is against Christ.:D
    I tell you what, I'll publicly apologize to you for saying you want to be your own god right after you publicly apologize to God for going against His way and supporting that which is against Him because you want to do things your way and not His.Thumbsup

I had to let Atlanta's own NeNe Leakes handle this:
    [​IMG]

<SNIP>

Irrelevant.

I tell you what, I'll publicly apologize to you for saying you want to be your own god right after you publicly apologize to God for going against His way and supporting that which is against Him because you want to do things your way and not His.Thumbsup

No you don't.

You're obviously a tad bit "challenged" if you thought you were gonna "reason" with me about why I or anyone else should consider supporting a man who is against Christ. Perhaps you'd fare better taking that foolishness to a non-Christian board.Thumbsup

13. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Troll retort, flush with A moving meme. Impressive.