1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Trump, the KKK and the DNC and BLM ....

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Feb 29, 2016.

1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmmmm. I believe "ALL Lives Matter." Does the fact that I don't believe Black Lives matter more than white lives or cop lives or baby's lives make me a racist?

In fact, I will put myself at risk of being labeled a "racist" by saying black lives matter more to me than they seem to matter to the black community.

According to the FBI’s Supplementary Homicide Reports, from 2003 through 2012, law-enforcement officers killed an average of 429 people per year, of which 112 were black, in “legal interventions.” These include a relatively small number of innocent people killed by cops and many more who died due to reasonable use of force.

But the biggest problem black men face is that their black lives don’t matter to other black men.

On average, 4,472 black men were killed by other black men every year between Jan. 1, 2009, and Dec. 31, 2012, the same time period, according to the same FBI reports.

For every black man killed by police, 40 are killed by other black men.

Do black lives matter? Yes, but they seem to matter to me more than they matter to the black community.

Where are the street filling protests marching against black men who prey on their own community?

Now add in the number of black babies who are killed by black mothers every year in the abortion mills. Roughly 700,000 babies were aborted in the US in 2013. Of those about 245,000 were black babies.

It looks to me as if the black community is in much more peril from the black community than it is from cops. :(

Where are the street filling protests marching against black women who prey on their own community by aborting almost a quarter million babies every year?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good comparison. I presume you got the story of the black gang that asked the former marine if he believes black lives matter then assaulted him, and as yet they are not being charged with hate crime.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I never liked black licorice ... but I love red licorice.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

In talking to black people, it is right HERE that they recognize the racially prejudiced lens through which a lot of white people view them.

You have yet to hear a Black Lives Matters person say that they believe their life matters any more than any other life.

What you do when you say "All Life Matters" in response to them saying "Black Lives Matter" is marginalize their words in the same manner as racists and slave owners marginalized their words and their lives for hundreds of years.

When people retort that "All Lives Matter" in the face of "Black Lives Matters" it tells me that ALL lives don't REALLY matter the way that folks say. If ALL lives did matter then, there wouldn't be a problem with what they are saying unless the Black lives aren't being included in the ALL.

Again, a marginalization because black people in general don't deny that they have to do a much better job in their own communities. You see the same dynamic in majority white communities.

But none of that has anything to do with the prison industrial complex of incarcerating black men at a rate many times their white counterparts who commit the same crimes, and for much harsher sentences.

None of that has anything to do with the number of unarmed black males being shot and killed by police.

None of that has anything to do with prosecutors refusing to even allow charges to be brought against officers so that due process can have its day.

These folks, as you well know, are sworn to serve and protect. And when you've got video and still can't even get a prosecutor to indict, it highlights that there is a systemic problem with police departments and our judicial process when it comes to policing black men.

And it simply isn't a prejudice that I have any qualms in pointing out.

People have prejudices. It's what sinful flesh is prone to do.

But CHRISTIANS...the Body of Christ...who should be draped in His love should at the very least be able to empathize with others and what they say they are experiencing.

You don't have to agree. But there shouldn't be this wanton dismissal as though there is no way they are experiencing what they say they are.

And what I CONSISTENTLY see on this board and others outside this board who call themselves Christians is a lack of empathy.

What Blacks say is IMMEDIATELY dismissed and excused away as having no merit , which is essentially what you did.

But then people have the audacity to get upset that they say Black Lives Matter.

When their every word and their lives have been quickly dismissed and marginalized in the same manner that you did in your post, is their any wonder why they are essentially saying "Black Lives Matter"?

Tack a TOO to the end of it if you don't understand what they are trying to say.

They have been attempting to say to you and those who keep retorting that ALL LIVES MATTER is that your own words deny that as the very words continue to marginalize and dismiss THEM in the same way that white people have done Blacks since bringing them to this country.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Nope. Have you heard about the story of Deryl Demond and John Aaron Rice? Or maybe the white supremacists committing hate crimes against minorities in Los Angeles recently?

Like your story, those have nothing to do with this thread.

6. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, in your opinion all lives don't matter? Some lives are more precious than other lives? Which lives would you consider less valuable? Which would you allow to be exterminated as "undesirable?" Jews? Gays? The Mentally ill? The developmentally challenged?"

This is starting to sound familiar. :(

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I love black licorice

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That is NOT what I said and that is not what the BLM folks have said.

That's what folks who have marginalized black lives and dismissed their perspectives as wrong or inaccurate or less important than something else the way that you have, have done.

I ask again, where has any BLM official representative said that they don't believe that ALL lives matter? It's the quintessential Black Lives Matter TOO. That's what they are saying. You're a smart guy. You recognize that's what they are saying and that is what I'm saying they are saying.

And again, it's because they feel like the lives of black people have been marginalized. And this country does have a history of marginalizing the lives of Blacks.

And every time that you or anyone else retorts that ALL lives matter in reply to BLM, it does nothing but reinforce the marginalization of black lives out of which this comes.

That's what is implied by the folks who reply ALM to BLM.

I consider all life to be equally valuable. That's why I'm anti-abortion and anti-capital punishment.

I'm not allowing anyone to be exterminated. But again, as I mentioned earlier, you and others can clearly see things from another perspective when dealing with those other groups. There's clearly an empathy. Why not with Blacks?

They are clearly saying that their lives matter too in a country that CONTINUES to marginalize them.

It is indeed. Because the marginalization that you don't seem to be aware that you are doing is the very same thing that was done to them during slavery and the Jim Crow era, yet many Christians acted as though nothing was wrong.

There is a problem with the policing and adjudicating of black men in this country. And it's well past time we acknowledge it and stop being so dismissive and non-empathetic to what Blacks clearly say they are experiencing.

9. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does the country marginalize them or do they marginalize themselves? 112 black men killed, on average, by police every year. Most of those are justified.

4,472 black men killed per year, on average, by other black men.

So who is marginalizing the black community? The police who kill 5 or 6 black men per year without legal justification or the other black men to kill over 4,000 black men per year?

Or me, who points out the hypocrisy of their violent protests?

Blacks make up 13% of the US population yet account for 39% of abortions. Who is marginalizing the black community? I suggest it is those who are committing genocide against their own people.

I will be the first to admit our criminal justice system is badly flawed resulting in a tremendously higher percentage of blacks in prison, per capita, than whites and blacks getting much longer sentences for the same crimes committed by whites.

So let's focus on fixing the real problem rather than inventing a problem that exists only in the fevered (and racist) minds of those making the spurious claims.

According to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund 682 law enforcement officers were killed in the line of duty in the past five years in the United States. That averages out to over 136 dead law enforcement officers each year.

112 dead black men and 136 dead cops. Who is marginalizing whom? 431 blacks killed “whites” in 2014, compared to 193 “white” killers of blacks (remember blacks make up only 13% of the national population).

I think this problem is considerably more complex that you seem to understand. :)

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

They are saying Black Lives Matter to the folks who are marginalizing their lives. I would imagine that applies to the gangbangers too.

They would disagree. And considering the handful of cases that I've seen in the past few years and the way that due process has CONSISTENTLY been bypassed, I will respectfully disagree also.

Again, you're being dismissive of what they are saying. Black people kill black people just like white people kill white people.

How many unarmed white people did the police kill last year?

Right now you.

You say 5 or 6. They see hundreds gunned down while unarmed by the police. Again, you're marginalizing their lives because of what YOU believe to be justified killings.

I'd say you because, again, they haven't said that all lives didn't matter . And they haven't said that Blacks aren't killing Blacks.

The BLM movement was born as a result of police murdering unarmed black men and women and the prison industrial complex that is fed from incarcerating black men disproportionately to their white counterparts for the same crimes.

So what's hypocritical about them saying that?

Who makes up the other 61%? And it's kinda disingenuous to express disdain for folks killing themselves while claiming that the killing of them by others doesn't warrant them declaring BLM.

What spurious claims? What you JUST mentioned is part of why they started the movement.

Nope. Life in general isn't that complex. Either people treat people like they want to be treated or they don't.

Either Christians can empathize with what others experience or they don't. But history shows the same type of dismissiveness out of Christians towards what Blacks have said they were enduring both during slavery and Jim Crow. So there's no huge surprise that like you're doing, a lot will continue to make excuses for why the police and the judicial system are justified in marginalizing the lives of Blacks.

And it's once again why they are declaring that BLM, TOO.

11. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which of those 2 acts herein referenced are hate crimes and should be prosecuted as such? Either, neither, or both?

Shove that.

12. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are saying they are protesting something they imagined but in actuality didn't happen? The FBI stats are clear. 112 blacks killed per year by police. Most of those justified.

That there are "hundreds gunned down while unarmed by the police."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "You have yet to hear a Black Lives Matters person say that they believe their life matters any more than any other life."

We have yet to hear one admit that they do, either. Says a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A BLM manifesto from our resident race expert. Thanks for the long essay.

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

If by your own testimony the FBI is showing 112 Blacks killed per year by the police, and the evidence of who was unarmed exists, what are you suggesting they are IMAGINING but didn't happen? Again, you continue in the marginalization of Blacks and THEIR experiences.

And you might think it justified to kill an unarmed man, and to then have a judicial system in cahoots with the police to not even indict and allow due process to take place. They don't. And I agree.

Here are their names and stories for just 2015

http://mappingpoliceviolence.org/unarmed/

You think the claims are spurious. To the people burying the dead, it's very real.

16. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

If Martin Luther King, Roy Wilkins or any of these compromising Negros who say exactly what the white man wants to hear is interviewed anywhere in the country you don't get anybody to offset what they say. But whenever a black man stands up and says something that white people don't like then the first thing that man does is run around to try and find somebody to say something to offset what has just been said. This is natural but it is done.

---Malcolm X

You continue to marginalize what they say and perceive, and now think because another black man disagrees with them, that it somehow strengthens your position as more correct.

18. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you support Louis Farrakhan's call for blacks to murder whites but don't support the young black man who says all lives matter and saying just black lives matter is racist?

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

How did Farrakhan get into this conversation, let alone an assertion that I support his call for anything? Now you're deflecting and attempting to change the narrative.

We're talking about BLM.

And there's no need for the young black man or an old white man to counter BLM with ALL Lives Matter as they never said otherwise.

It continues to be a retort of marginalization.

20. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see. So you admit you commented on the video in my post without bothering to watch it? Rolleyes