1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump,US are Losing in Trade War With China

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Agent47, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

you just don’t throw growth rate. How much is the US’?

imagine growing by over 6% for over 20 years.

do me a favor. Tell me how much the US has grown over the same period. Contrast that with China

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't have to compare the two country's rates. You're trying to move the goalposts. The question is who is winning the trade war.

China's economy was doing pretty good until the Trump tarrifs came along. Now their exports are dropping, growth rate is dropping, their central bank is making moves to stimulate the economy. Trump did this to them. Meanwhile, our economy is doing great.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    New Delhi (CNN Business)China will exempt American soybeans and pork from its latest round of tariffs, in what appears to be another move to ease tensions between the countries as they prepare for a new round of trade talks.

Chinese state news agency Xinhua announced the policy change on Friday, citing government sources as saying China would support "relevant enterprises" purchasing US pork, soybeans and other commodities.

China exempts US soybeans and pork from tariffs - CNN
    ----

If China is winning the trade war, why are they making concessions in their tariff policy? And in the two products that were hitting the US the hardest?