1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump's "Operation Warp Speed" Vaccine Plan--"A Few Hundred Million Doses"

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, May 19, 2020.

1. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm not anti-vaccine. Nice try though.

2. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, you're right, and you're singing my song! But it won't stop me from complaining about it! Just like I do about the neglectful obesity problems in this country that are responsible for the vast majority of healthcare expenses. You know, like you're supposed to not dare to criticize obesity ...but I do anyway.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't get me started on this.

There is a new tolerance, even enthusiasm for being obese. I noticed on Pluto TV there is a channel devoted to "plus sized African American women". Also, there is the whole "Lizzo look", based on the pop singing star. I dare anyone reading this to type into the Google Search bar: "Lizzo images".

Victoria Secret models are now publicly shamed for being wire hanger thin. Episodes of popular sit-coms deal with the self-image of fat people and how there's nothing wrong with being overweight, even grossly overweight.

We sometimes watch Family Feud and boy, oh boy, but there are some big folk on that show! What's happened to America?

4. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Man, the fat police are out in force today.

5. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    P.S. if it is a 2 course vac 300 million doses would only cover 150 million people which would barely make the standard for herd immunity effect needed (70%) even including natural immunity from recovered cases. Still it would greatly reduce the spread for everyone.

6. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, the mindset is it is taboo to talk about it, you must worship it, you dare call it like it is and you get called the "fat police" or something. ;)

7. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just saw this:
    The Army Research Laboratory (ARL) is vigorously pursuing technical innovations aimed at “discovering” and engineering new antibodies able to attach to and destroy coronavirus, thereby helping those severely impacted with an infection, service scientists told Warrior.
    Army researchers may have discovered new coronavirus-killing antibodies

Trump would absolutely love to say our military came up with a treatment or vaccine.

8. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If God designed us to live forever, why does this body of flesh return to dust? What part lives forever? Why did Abel who never sinned die at the hand of his brother?

9. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    I meant thousands of years without modern medicine. Living in the heart of Africa, you should have understood what I said. If God has let some created on day 6 to still be alive, are you complaining because they are 7000 years old? You probably don't understand/accept Genesis 1:27 either. It does not say that Adam was the sole being created. In fact Adam did not get a name or purpose until chapter 2 when God took him from out of a group of other humans and put him in the Garden of Eden. People tend to skip over the finer details in the Bible.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Prove it.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of the results of Adam’s sin.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What makes you think Abel never sinned?

Besides, Adam represented all mankind, when he sinned, we all became guilty.

“Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men. For as by the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man’s obedience the many will be made righteous.” - Romans‬ ‭5:18-19‬ ‭ESV‬‬

“For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.” - 1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:22‬ ‭ESV‬‬

13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apparently they have not watched I Am Legend.

14. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you know how biological reproduction works, because all humankind kind today came from Adam and Eve. We are copies of Adam literally. Even if Adam never sinned another day in his life, he would still die in sin, for that one sin.

Was Abel in God’s presence like Adam was? How can God let sin in God’s presence?

15. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    15 Adonai, God, took the person and put him in the garden of ‘Eden to cultivate and care for it.

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Weak argument. Very, very weak argument. You seem to have some rather weird ideas. I suggest you spend time in prayerful Bible study. Maybe find a sound teacher who can ground you better in the faith.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huh? :Thumbsdown

18. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump involved military in this fight early on, and he noted why. Logistics. They are experts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Speculation at this time is a waste of time. It smacks more of innuendo than anything else.

20. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is what I am surprised about - That an extreme Far left liberal has not stated that he is glad that Trump is taking that medication - because he does - he will probably not make it and then (at least for a bit) Nancy will be second in line for !President