1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TULIP for Real Life

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by loDebar, Aug 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    His created nature when made was not same as jesus is, as our Lord's Humnanity was incapable of sinning, but ASdam had that potential/capability built into Him, so went into effect when he freely chose to disobey God.

2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No.

3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have been debating on these boards for twenty years and it never gets old, I hear something new most every day. You are the first Calvinist I have heard put forth this theory. Most struggle with the fact that Adam had freewill to choose, you have come up with this theory as a way to resolve the issue in your own mind, IMHO.

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not at all. Being made vulnerable to corruption is not the same as having a sin nature built in waiting to be triggered. Adam was good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, Adam was good. He did not have a sin mechanism waiting to be triggered. He was merely vulnerable to corruption. I might add that all that God created is vulnerable to corruption. Christ was not made, He is the only begotten of the Father. (This doesn't mean He has a beginning.)

Though Christians are called a "New Creation," we are more. We are born. 1 John 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

And that which is born of God is invulnerable to corruption.​

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just taking Jesus at His word. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    you have the problem exactly right

Rom 10:13
    For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    Jhn 10:9
    I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
    Rev 3:20
    Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hearmy voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

8. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jhn 12:47

And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus Humanity was sinless One, unlike even Adam had when was created, as Adam could and did choose to sin, while Jesus could not do that!

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Adam and Jesus has sinless human natures, but Adam's could choose to freely sin, while jesus could not!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus was tempted

Heb 4:14
    Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
    Heb 4:15
    For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Adam was not God, He was condemned already or God is not fair.

Jhn 3:18

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

12. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course God is not fair! Nothing in life is fair. “Fair” means treating all men the same, so a “fair” God would send all men to Hell because all men have sinned. It is to our great fortune that God is not fair. God does not treat all men the same. Some men God foreknew and predestined and called and justified and glorified ... all because of God’s mercy and grace and contrary to any “fairness” and Justice that we deserved.

• Like Like x 1
  13. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then Peter opened his mouth and said: “In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.
    Acts 10:34‭-‬35

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    Romans 1:16

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

14. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a HUGE difference between “no partiality” (salvation of some from every nation and not just the chosen children of Israel) and “complete fairness” (universal salvation or universal damnation of every individual).

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes! Got a new definition for The Calvinist Dictionary.

Fairness: Universal Salvation (or Universal Damnation)

You're doing great! Keep 'em coming!

(Also noticed you ignored Romans 1:16's promise of the Gospel being powerful enough to save anyone who believes.)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

16. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    The elect are special to God, chosen for eternal life. Others are not. I can see why one chooses to believe Calvinism.
    massages ego

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  17. Rockson

Rockson Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well if God isn't fair he can't be just! And I don't have to try to defend that! Your own conscience does! If anyone told you of a judge who wasn't fair you'd automatically claim he could not be just. The problem is you bring it over here in a God/religious discussion and all sanity goes out the window.

But men sin because they were born with a sin nature so ultimately they couldn't do anything but but fall short of the glory of God. So you believe it's fair to punish men who at no fault of their own were born with a deficiency. The pillar of judgement itself is rendered as due to fault as belonging to the guilty. There is NO FAULT belonging to a sinner for being born a certain way. Fault exists if there's something they could do about it along the way and they reject the solution.

It's stunning how you dismiss and set aside the very concept of fairness! So you say thank God he's not fair that means we all would not make heaven our home. But why do you qualify to be heaven bound? You claim it's all due to God's mercy and grace! Mercy? Well why would you need mercy? And why grace? Because you're a no good sinner born that way under sin the same as EVERY else on the planet! Tell me how anyone else on the planet is different then you? So seeing there IS NO DIFFERENCE we're left with concluding God's mercy and grace must be so very limited like fuel in a gas tank just a small amount to pass around. I'd contend God's love, grace and mercy is infinite with no limitation to those who make it possible for him to release it.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  18. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fair: marked by impartiality and honesty : free from self-interest, prejudice, or favoritism. (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)

English, it’s not just for Calvinists any more. ;)

#98 atpollard, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  19. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fair: marked by impartiality and honesty : free from self-interest, prejudice, or favoritism. (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)

Just: being what is merited : deserved. (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)

“Fair” and “Just” do not mean the same thing. God is Just, but God is not Fair (He is merciful).

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    just
    synonyms: fair, fair-minded, equitable, even-handed, impartial, unbiased, objective, neutral, disinterested, unprejudiced, open-minded, nonpartisan; More

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.