1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Twist in Georgia case against Trump

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by canadyjd, Jan 9, 2024.

1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just read a story that District Attorney bringing the charges in Georgia..

1. Hired a man she is in an intimate relationship with to prosecute Trump…

2. Took vacations with this man that were paid for with the money his firm earned from the state to prosecute the case

3. *****MOST IMPORTANT****** This man billed the state for meetings he had with the Biden administration prior to bringing charges.

The first two certainly reek of corruption.
    The third point demonstrates the Biden White House is directly involved in the Georgia case to prosecute DT.

Comments? Does any of that matter? Will the case be dropped because of corruption. Will the DA lose her job? Will the connection to the administration prove DT’s assertion that Biden is targeting him?

peace to you

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt it. I think pretty much people who are going to vote for Trump are going to vote for Trump, and people who are going to vote for Biden are going to vote for Biden, and people(such as myself who won't be voting for either one - and depending on what happens at the Libertarian Party national convention in May, I might not be voting for anyone for president) are not going to vote for either one, and people who are not going to vote at all are not going to vote.

I think the vast, vast majority of people's minds are already made up about Joe Biden and Donald Trump, and it would take something really big coming out of nowhere to make a difference to them. These two old men are both very, very, very, very well known; I doubt that we will learn anything new about them other than what we already know - one is over 80 years old and the other one is nearing 80 years old, and neither one should not be running for president in 2024.

3. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I was thinking more of the legal cases against DT, than the election.

The defendant filing this motion (where the info is found) is asking for both folks to be removed from the prosecution because of the corruption.

That could significantly delay the trial, and a new prosecutor could drop charges all together.

Just another interesting twist.

Thanks for the comment

peace to you

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think any of the cases should have been brought against Donald Trump, not because they may not have a basis, but even if they do, I don't think that Trump is worth roiling up the nation over - he just isn't worth it.

It is well past time for ALL Democrats and Republicans and Independents or whatever political affiliation people might be(and all sports fans, too, by the way) to put on their big boy/big girl pants and learn that just because things don't go their way doesn't necessarily mean that they were cheated or that anything was rigged. When I was growing up we were taught to be a humble winner and a gracious loser(there was even a "The Andy Griffith Show" episode about it with Opie); we need to go back to that mentality.

5. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don’t disagree what the the sentiment. But even growing up people that cheated were exposed and punished.

In this case, the people that cheated are held up as heroes of democracy and the folks exposing the cheating are called conspiracy nuts.

Without question we know…..

1. Several key swing states changed the rules concerning voting without approval of their legislatures, which is against the constitution and cheating.

2. There were some key counties that had more ballots counted than eligible voters. That is cheating.

3. There was a truck driver that gave an affidavit under oath that he picked up a 18 wheeler trailer full of Pennsylvania ballots in New York and took them to Pennsylvania. That is cheating.

4. There was a crucial county in Georgia where elections officials announced they had quit counting ballots for the day. After repubs left, they pulled ballot boxes from under tables and counted those ballots. Coincidentally, DT’s big lead was overcome the next morning.

I understand the idea of being gracious losers. But when the cheating is so obvious, AND given the all out assault on DT during his first term based on fabricated material (to which this day no one has been held accountable) I understand why some are sore “losers”.

peace to you

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you look at the presidential elections of 1800, 1824, 1876, 1960, and 2000, you will see that controversy in presidential elections is over 200 years old in the United States. I think that the rise of social media in the 21st century is what contributed greatly to the riot at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2020.

I just hope that regardless of the outcome or the circumstances of the 2024 election, that the Biden and Trump supporters will behave much more properly and calmly, whichever candidate loses; and then please, please, please can the Republican and Democratic Parties give the United States fresh candidates in 2028!

7. CJP69

CJP69 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Under no circumstances with the case be dropped. If Donald Trump died, they would try to prosecute his dead body.

And no one will lose their job and everyone already knows that its a purely political witch hunt anyway and the only people who could do anything about it don't care and the one's that do care don't have the political capital required to over come those that don't.

If anyone thinks that an election result is going to stop these people, you're asleep at the wheel. There is NOTHING they won't do to stop him and they will not ever quit or give up. If they fail to prosecute him, they will kill him. Failing that, especially if he ends up back in the presidency, they will burn the whole place to the ground if that's what it takes.

8. CJP69

CJP69 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There you go again, acting is if your doctrine is false and mine is true.

Surely, the proper and calm behavior of the people (of whichever side) or lack thereof has already been determined by God an infinity before time began, right?

9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here's another twist - previously Trump based his defense on the election not being over on Jan 6 and his actions were as a political candidate. Now he is saying the election was over in 2020 and his actions were as a a sitting President.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a not a single atom in the the entire universe that does anything except as God has ordained.

11. CJP69

CJP69 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aside from the issue of the timing, the two comments are not mutually exclusive.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. CJP69

CJP69 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If this is what you believe, then why do you speak as though that were not the case?

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't.

14. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are mutually exclusive. Either Trump's speech was in the capacity of a candidate or it was in his official capacity of POTUS.

At first, Trump made it exclusive to his role as a candidate because it suited his argument. Now he is making it exclusive to his role as POTUS.

I'd say it was the former.

15. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow!!! You mean a politician slightly changed the language he used because he thought it suited his purpose better!!!

Will the wonders never cease!!!!!!

peace to you

16. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol.....no.....I mean a politician entirely changed his defence. The first depended on his speech being NOT from the position of President (justifying the speech as from the position of a candidate and protected as such) the second depended on the exact opposite (as official Presidential duties therefore immune from charges).

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why should they, not when the “same old, same old” works, albeit like a 68 Chevy on its 3rd transmission and rusted… heck it works and the American citizens like controversy anyway— something to gripe about! The old military term FUBAR glaringly comes to mind powered by a unsophisticated mind of “the people” who crave a show … so who is Trump other than a showman and who is Biden, nothing more than a dilapidated used car salesman. Both will lie to ya, it’s been done many times. Still we trudge on…just give the people what they want! :Laugh

18. CJP69

CJP69 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course you do! That's what brought it up in the first place!

What are you people even doing here?

19. CJP69

CJP69 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saying it doesn't make it so.

20. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. Saying it doesn't. But the English language and logic does.

Saying that I was not speaking as President but as a candidate versus saying I was speaking as President and not a candidate are two opposing claims

Only sheeple cannot discern the difference.

This goes back to the problem of political sheeple when it comes to Christians. If you are so blind that you cannot discern the small things (this is a small thing) then how can you be trusted on things that really matter? Those unfaithful with little will be unfaithful with much. It destroys your witness as a believer.

• Agree Agree x 1