1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

U.K. Govt. Tries Forcing Dr. to Use “Transgender” Pronouns

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rlvaughn, Jul 22, 2019.

1. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doctor Sues U.K. Govt. for Forcing Him to Use “Transgender” Pronouns
    The experience of David Mackereth in the United Kingdom should serve as a warning to us. “The British government has declared a Christian physician ‘unfit to work’ after the self-identified Reformed Baptist vocalized out loud the definitive truth that there are only two biological genders: male and female.” He “had originally been tasked with compiling independent reports about the true health status of Brits claiming disability benefits. Part of his assignment was to refer to interviewees only by their preferred gender pronouns – something that he simply couldn’t do because of his religious convictions. Dr. Mackereth told the media, ‘I believe that gender is defined by biology and genetics, and that as a Christian the Bible teaches us that God made humans male or female. I could have kept my mouth shut but it was the right time to raise it.’”

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jonathan Leeman (SWBTS trustee) came up with a novel solution: just refer to the person by name [imagine that!]:

9Marks Mailbag #45

"I have a family member with a brother who has now identified as a woman—legal name change, crossdressing, hormones, etc. Here’s how we handled it....after he started identifying as a woman, we sat him down and told him that we loved him, told him that he was always welcome in our home, and we told him that our love for him wouldn’t change....We then explained that we were to happy to call him his new name, as it’s his legal name"

"names aren’t the property of any specific gender (I know guys named Stacy and girls named Stacy), but pronouns are....I don’t think names/pronouns [are] in the same category."

#2 Jerome, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019