1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

U.S. Sen. Benjamin Cardin introduced legislation to...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, May 8, 2009.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Ho....hum!

Another link w/o any OP info.........Tired of this.
    Sorry 'bout disappointing.....

bye!

3. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If a newspaper were classified as a non-profit group they would have to watch their editorials. I think this would be the start of leading to the government dicatating what a reporter can & can't report. While this may sound like a good idea for the newspapers, I think it will lead to something very bad. Before you know it, the government will have their hand in the radio waves & TV more so than they already do, only it will start leaking into the news.

I am not crazy about the newspapers because of the extreme liberal bias they have. They are almost as bad as NBC. Even our local paper, The Mobile Press Register has a liberal slant on their stories. However, if that does go through, then the press will have one less freedom. They will be reporting what the government tells them to report.

Churches are considered non-profit. If they get involved in political issues, then they loose their non-profit status. The exact same thing would happen with the newspapers if they didn't comply after being listed as non-profit.

#3 BigBossman, May 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2009