1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Undocumented immigrants

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by freeatlast, Jun 16, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Take some asprin.

2. bacustic

bacustic New Member

The law the poster is referencing does not require anyone to turn any one in to the authorities. So, I guess they can keep loving Jesus and take people to the store.

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Knowingly harboring any criminal is a criminal offense. It is not love of jesus when people violte the law. it is rebellion.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just curious, not arguing. Have you ever heard of sanctuary?

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

define sanctuary

6. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Being an illegal alien is not a crime.

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you report someone who is here illegally, that makes you wrathful and vindictive? Helping law enforcement officials identify those that are breaking the law is wrathful and vindictive?

This kind of thinking is what makes me ill.

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But it is "illegal," isn't it?

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many illegal aliens have asked for sanctuary?

10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

#50 freeatlast, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2011
  11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I agree and those who harbor these criminal are traitors in my opinion and also belong in prison.

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know that I'd go that far; I'd caution about being wrathful and vindictive in how I go about reporting these folks. But the act of reporting is not, in and of itself, "wrathful and vindictive."

13. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I am not talking about being wrathful. I welcome legal immigrants, but not illegals. I can tell the illegals about the Lord, feed them, and then turn them in to be arrested for them being criminals which they are. I can do that with an illegal criminal or a murderer criminal and I would then turn them both in. It has nothing to do with being vindictive or wrathful. It has to do with obeying the law and more important the Lord who says we are to obey the law. I also still say everyone who helps an illegal hide or remain here illegally should be put in prison. They are no different then the smugglers who bring them in who are criminals.

#53 freeatlast, Jun 20, 2011
  14. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

AND Paul pleaded with his owner to grant "amnesty" sans restitution.

15. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

This is misleading. There are laws against harboring but they are fairly limited in scope. Generally it applies to those who are trying to keep the criminal from being apprehended by law enforcement. Helping a an illegal by giving them a ride or food or any other help, as long as it is not an action which knowingly helps the evade arrest, is perfectly legal.

And a person is certainly not required to report an illegal. According to http://www.reportanillegalalien.com/ (a site dedicated to allowing people to report illegals):
    "What can I do?

Be that as it may, a private citizen is not required to report someone who is in the country unlawfully, nor does the United States Immigration and Custom Enforcement (USICE) prefer it done."

#55 dwmoeller1, Jun 20, 2011
  16. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

Law is divided into two general categories, criminal and civil. Those who break a criminal law are criminals and the action is a crime. Those who break civil law are not criminals nor is their act a crime.

Immigration laws are civil laws, not criminal laws. Thus illegals are not criminals nor is their action a crime. Not in a legal sense at least. Their adjudication is a civil and administrative matter, not a criminal one.

17. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  18. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Your statements are correct as far as how things are being handled in this corrupt government atmosphere. I simply disagree that they are not criminals. If those who bring them here are criminals then they are criminals. I also disagree about turning them in. I feel we should turn them in even if the government is trying to protect them.

19. mandym

mandym New Member

World English Dictionary
    crime (kraɪm) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide]

— n
    1. an act or omission prohibited and punished by law
    2. a. unlawful acts in general: a wave of crime
    b. ( as modifier ): crime wave
    3. an evil act
    4. informal something to be regretted: it is a crime that he died young

[C14: from Old French, from Latin crīmen verdict, accusation, crime]

Legal Dictionary

Main Entry: crime
    Pronunciation: 'krIm
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle French, from Latin crimen fault, accusation, crime
    1 : conduct that is prohibited and has a specific punishment (as incarceration or fine) prescribed by public law —compare DELICT, TORT
    2 : an offense against public law usually excluding a petty violation —see also FELONY, MISDEMEANOR
    NOTE: Crimes in the common-law tradition were originally defined primarily by judicial decision. For the most part, common-law crimes are now codified. There is a general principle “nullum crimen sine lege,” that there can be no crime without a law. A crime generally consists of both conduct, known as the actus reus, and a concurrent state of mind, known as the mens rea.
    3 : criminal activity

20. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

Practically speaking, how are you going to know if they are illegal immigrants? Demand a birth certificate whenever you suspect? And if they, quite legitimately, refuse to show one (as would most any person, illegal or otherwise), what do you do then?

And I am curious as to why you consider them criminals when for most of our history anyone could legally come as they desired?

And what of illegal emigrants, that is, those who leave their country illegally even though they may enter our country legally? Are they criminals as well?