1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured United Methodist bishops acknowledge breakup is imminent

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Salty, Jun 25, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5 point Gillinist

5 point Gillinist Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm pretty sure that the Catholic Church has a "zillion" different (for lack of a better term) denominations within it. The only difference is that you all refer to yourselves as "The Catholic Church™," which doesn't imply unity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. LaGrange

LaGrange Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hi 5 Point,
    There are different levels of understanding in the Catholic Church just like in other churches but there is only ONE Faith that is officially taught.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Though it is interesting - for example - the different opinions about giving communion to those who are pro-abortion.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Apparently, so have Baptists and other evangelicals. Even cover-ups!

StopBaptistPredators.org

And, I agree, this thread is not a Catholic bashing thread. There have been plenty of those and I'm sure there are Catholic basher eager to start others.

6. LaGrange

LaGrange Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Absolutely. Those are opinions but you will never find, in official Catholic Teaching, that abortion is acceptable. It is a loss of Faith. In the Catechism of the Catholic Church it says, “Formal cooperation in an abortion constitutes a grave offense. The Church attaches the canonical penalty of excommunication to this crime against human life. A person who procures a completed abortion incurs excommunication latae sententiae, by the very commission of the offense, and subject to the conditions provided by Canon Law.” (CCC #2272) Excommunication Latae Sententiae means that the excommunication is automatic. The church doesn’t have to know about it for the person to be excommunicated. If you die in the state of excommunication you will go to hell. Excommunication is for the most serious sins. You can be forgiven of course but to take part in voting for abortion in congress like Biden and Pelosi is a mortal sin and unless they repent and confess they will go to hell. There is no question on this. The pope nor anyone else can change this any more than you can change the Doctrines of the Trinity or the Divinity of Christ. For any bishop to allow Biden, Pelosi or anyone else who have taken part in or promoted abortions is absolutely abominable. It’s like putting the Body of Christ in a sewer. They will answer for it. It is a loss of Faith at the top.

7. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That's a bunch of hooey. There are many different Rites (most of the Eastern Rites) within the One, Holy, Apostolic Catholic Church, but not different denominations.

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am closing this thread for the next couple of days.
    I asked to end the discussion of the RCC to be taken to a new thread.
    Yet 3 posts were made.
    I have closed this - so if you wish -you and copy and paste those three posts into new threads
    If you choose not to= then sometime on Sun I will delete those posts and re-open

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.