1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

United Methodists and LGBTQ

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rlvaughn, Feb 26, 2019.

1. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    United Methodist delegates reject plan allowing same-sex marriage, LGBT clergy

2. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They're heading for a split. Maybe not today, maybe not Tuesday...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ran the Man

Ran the Man Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Frightening. I always say never ordain female pastors. It's the gateway, because among female pastors, you have feminists. among feminists you have lesbians. and if you have feminist, lesbian pastors, you have gay pastors by default.
    I realize it sounds misogynist, but the devil uses the same tricks from the beginning: he goes thru the woman. This is why God went thru woman to bring us back to Him.

4. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The vote would have went the LGBTQ route if not for their African churches.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A split may be a blessing.

6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Samuel Johnson said, "Sir, a woman preacher is like a dog's walking on his hind legs. It is not done well; but you are surprised to find it done at all."

7. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't go for women pastors. Not because they can't do it or aren't spiritual enough or in some way "infirmed", but because God said don't do it that way.

Yes, your post does sound misogynistic. As a Christian woman, it has always been hurtful to be lumped together with gay men and women the way we are sometimes. My chromosomes are XX and they commit abominations and yet we are lumped together.. And it's not just you. I've heard this many times.

And your last sentence makes no sense with your first statements. I think it was just maybe for patronization's sake?

#7 Scarlett O., Feb 27, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  8. Ran the Man

Faith:
    Baptist
    oh no, if i wanted to patronize you i wouldn't say the first part. It's not that women aren't as spiritual, it's just the way God said, and God said it for a reason, in that IMO, women tend to be more gullible when it comes to being inclusive. Nobody said you were equal to gays. I said women pastors contain a subset of femnists, and feminist pastors contain a subset of lesbians. its true in secular feminism and it's true in so called christian feminism.
    Every church that ordains female pastors is dying. check the net for articles.

9. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a "progressive" Christian friend on Facebook. She is devastated by the vote. Some of her other progressive and Methodist friends have either already jumped ship or are thinking of jumping ship. I read a lot of their posts today and it was very disheartening.

The direction that they are going or either thinking of going is the Unitarian Universalist "Church". A couple of people posting were proud to say that they were so tolerant that they had pagans attending their meetings and one said her congregation even accepted Christians.

It was terrifying to read. My friend, after being asked to swap over replied, "I cannot NOT be a Christian."

These people need our collective and fervent prayers.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    GOOD!!! I hope they do. The more liberals who leave the UMC -it will make it easier for the UMC to get back to its Biblical standards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ran the Man

Faith:
    Baptist
    i hope the Methodist church gets back to it's roots. It's been on a liberal slide since the 70s.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Won't happen. If anything, it will get even more "progressive". (a synonym for evil in the church)

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Have not heard of UMC members jumping ship for UU but many are heading to ELCA churches.