1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

University Can Deny Course Credit to Christian Graduates Taught With Creationism

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

That sounds like a good way to do it! :wavey:

2. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

This is a ridiculous viewpoint. I hold a high level position in my vocation my company knows full well my views on things.

But what if this cost me my job...what if your faith in Jesus (if you have it) cost you yours?

3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bill, I suggest you take a look at where BJU business grads (not to mention pre-law and PR-med) are in the scheme of things. I think you'll find they are well represented proportionally (for a school BJ's size) in the business (legal and medical) world.

4. billwald

billwald New Member

Maybe. "The Bell Curve" indicated that fundamentalist Christians were under represented in top management.

5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I don't know about any of this, personally, but I an tell yopu I once received a grade of "D - -" (D double minus) on a paper I wrote for a course at the University of KY, 40 years ago.

The course was a course on 'the Bible', although now, I don't remember the exact title. We were required to take a 'theme' from the Bible for the paper.

I took my theme on the blood, and called it 'The Scarlet Thread Through The Bible', unaware at the time, that I may have actually 'plagiarized' the title line, although all I wrote was my own composition. I probably deserved about an "A-" or "B+" at best, and a "B-" at worst for the paper. However, the very liberal prof. teaching the course did not like my 'literal' viewpoint, or any "bloody religion", and she wrote a note on my paper saying that I 'know that there is much in the Bible that doesn't say this'.

I still have that paper, somewhere, and was/am still very proud of it, to this day, for the grade I got for 'defending' the Bible's own words! :thumbs:

I did get either a "B" or "C" for the course, I believe, based on my test scores of the class material, but I have little doubt that she would have liked to give both me, and the other three to five 'real' Bible believers in the class an "F" grade, for the course, because none of us 'changed' our ideas and became 'Bible liberals'.

Ed

#25 EdSutton, Aug 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2008
  6. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Haven't looked at the book you're citing. But, I did write about proportionality.

The following is from my POV, so your mileage may vary. To the best of my knowledge the only Fundamentalist school with a business school over thirty years old is Bob Jones. Mind you, I'm not including Conservative Evangelical schools.

But what does Creationism have to do with double entry bookkeeping or managing a firm's debt to income ratio?

The issue here is high schoolers seeking admission to the California University and the University of California systems. Not should California's postsecondary systems accept science credits from BJU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.