1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured University of Cincinnati cop Ray Tensing indicted on murder charge...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

More like you've been wrong about all of your racist presuppositions. Once more ain't gonna make a difference.

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Alleged" is perfect ... although, technically, that's what we should be saying about Dylan Roof, too.

3. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There's video out on a body cam and it does not look good or match up with the story at all.

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you been pulled over by the cops? Have the cops ever had to talk with you over a neighbors complaint? Well, I am waiting to hear your response?

5. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again, your over production of testosterone is playing with your heart and mind! I still have not seen any numbers, presented on your behalf that suggest, "the senseless murder of unarmed black people by police!" is taking over this nation! :type:

6. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you mean the looting and pillaging of black businesses, and free stuff for all that join the crowd? Let's hope not!

Still, the radical black activists and white anarchists claim loud and proud that, "black lives matter?" If that was true, what about all the black children and youth gunned down in gang violence? What about all the black infants stopped in the womb by abortion clinics? And how about all those poor business owners in Ferguson and Baltimore. The majority were black citizens, and they lost their hopes and dreams in one fiery night! But, "Black lives matter?"

I don't believe this is nothing more than angry rhetoric! And the truth is, there are no cops of any color doing abortions; burning down city businesses, or killing kids in the ghetto!

[​IMG]

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I watched the body camera that came from the officer-----and to be totally honest----I don't see a case here!! The officer pulls the car over for lack of front plate-----he asks the driver over and over to produce a driver license---the driver could not

The trouble started when the officer sees a bottle on the floorboard of the car and asks the driver what it was----to which it was a bottle of gin in which the driver gives to the officer through the open window

It is here on the video where the officer's defensive level is raised and he then asks the driver to exit the car and then the officer puts his hand on the door latch/knob and opens the car---to which the driver shuts it---this is where the officer feels threatened and pulls his weapon

In the video----you hear a struggle----but you do not hear the weapon discharge----the video becomes so garbled at this point that its impossible to tell whats going on

The DA is going to charge the officer with murder--------he'll be stretching it to get 12 jurors to see anything more than accidental discharge of the weapon while struggling with the victim-----my honest opinion:saint::saint:

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Intent. Opportunity. Capability. All three must exist before deadly force is authorized.

9. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again, Zaac's failure to respond to questions is becoming a daily routine!

He is always ready to attack our character and speak judgement down on all of us who disagree with his racist rants, but he can't answer a simple question. Probably because he knows what the follow up question would be and he'd be unable to refute the truth!

10. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey ITL .... here is one more example that you are way off base. In fact, you are so far off base; the pitcher could walk over (backwards) and tag you out.

In case you forgot, let me remind you what you accused me of just yesterday, and here is but another example of your buddy starting a racist rant!

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2247275&postcount=66

11. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don, most of the time you have good insight. Even so, I viewed the video numerous times, and fail to see where this cop could conclude he was in danger. He may not be convicted of murder, but he was not acting within the scope and duties of his job as an LEO, and making sure the public is protected from harm! I think he was wrong, and deserves to be removed from the job and face whatever the law deems fair and impartial. He took a life; and I have to ask if there was some other way he could've handled the entire situation! Just my opinion.

Still, Zaac is always blowing thing's WAY out of the water, especially by insinuating the cop is like ALL other white cops, out to murder black men!

If anyone is out out to do harm to any race, it is the mindset of people like the poster, who levels complaints and wild accusations that are only meant to rile up his fellow blacks!

Let's wait and see how this turns out, and if you are correct, I will offer my apologies now for second guessing your view! :smilewinkgrin:

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It depends on what you assume my view is.

Intent is the demonstration of intent to cause serious bodily harm or death. Show me in the video where this young man exhibited intent.

Capability is the ability to cause serious bodily harm or death. As in, does the perpetrator have a weapon? In this case, a vehicle could be considered a weapon. But....

Opportunity is the ability to commit serious bodily harm or death. It usually depends on the weapon being used.

For example, someone waving a baseball bat in a threatening manner is showing Intent. He has Capability, because a bat can be used to beat people to death. But if he's standing 20 feet away, he doesn't have Opportunity to use the bat. So you don't have all 3, so you're not authorized to use deadly force.

In our case here, the perpetrator has a possible weapon (the car), and thus, Capability; and one could argue that if the officer's clothing was trapped in the vehicle door, you could possibly have Opportunity; but is the perpetrator exhibiting Intent? Was he truly expressing an intent to cause anyone, including the officer, serious bodily harm or death?

I don't think so.

But these are the military guidelines I was taught, and subsequently taught others, until the mid 90's. Then they switched to a "escalation of force ladder" that complicated the decision-making process. I can't tell you what they're using now; and I especially can't speak about civilian law enforcement.

13. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed. The current ROE guidelines (used in Nam, too) have taken the guns out of our military hands. And soon there will be ROE's for LEO's and they too will be sitting ducks.

I agree that the car was a weapon. Like I said, a jury may agree with you. But, that doesn't change my view that this could have and should have been handled differently. Just like the older cop, a reserve I believe, shot that man in the back thinking he tased him, there needs to be punishment because a life was taken under the color of the badge. The badge must stand for something, or it will be useless and anarchy will rule the land.

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    #54 Salty, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2015
  15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist