1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unlimited Atonement

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Pastor_Bob, Sep 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    several have referenced this post:

So how does a sinless person end up in hell?

simple do nothing

Jhn 3:18

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

You are condemned already, you have to believe to not be condemned. The atonement is offered to all, those who believe are not condemned, The atonement is sufficient to all who might believe. We are all condemned , on death row, unless we do something

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 2 AM Pacific.

3. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So a sinless person does nothing and still goes to hell? That's one twisted, sick, warped, sadistic god there.

"If you are clear in your theology and in your doctrine you will know that no natural man can believe the gospel... So if you expect a natural man to believe the gospel simply because you are putting it to him, you are denying the gospel; you have not understood it yourself." - D Martyn Lloyd-Jones

4. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This post proves you know nothing of how the gospel works in the lives of the lost. Nothing.

5. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    (Discipleship question) Have you shared it with anyone this week?

6. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I talk to ppl about the bible all the time...now, do you want to address loDebar's post?

7. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ppl are condemned ALREADY. That is not sinlessness.

"If you are clear in your theology and in your doctrine you will know that no natural man can believe the gospel... So if you expect a natural man to believe the gospel simply because you are putting it to him, you are denying the gospel; you have not understood it yourself." - D Martyn Lloyd-Jones

8. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But do you talk to people about Jesus and His saving work on the Cross and subsequent Resurrection?

9. Rockson

Rockson Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The one you're quoting from should have learned that the naturally minded men who were Christians and carnal 1 Cor 3: 1-3 couldn't understand the deep things of God. 1 Cor 2:10 It had nothing to do natural unsaved men not understanding the gospel as God would give the light TO ALL. Even Paul said the carnal, naturally minded Christians in 1 Cor 3:1-3 could understand revelation of the basics...thus Paul said he could feed them with milk but only such.

10. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I can I do. But at work, there are only so much leeway I have. But I do sneak in a few verses now and again.

Now, do you want to address loDebar's post or not?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ok Cool--may God open doors of opportunity to make Christ known through you!

Concerning Lodebar's post...I'll pass :)

Be blessed bro!

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why pass? Do you agree with him?

13. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To be honest, I really do not understand him sometimes and I'm not sure what angle he is taking. So, usually I just pass.

14. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This was the question he responded to...

That was posted by @TCassidy

Then he said they simply[sic] do nothing.

That's an egregious statement he made. He needs called to the carpet for making such a foolish and reckless claim.

15. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, I read it. Hence why I did not touch on it. He has some odd understanding that we sinned before creation and we are condemned already because of it.

16. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sinned before creation? Wut? O O

17. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus promises not to erase us from the Book of Life, he doesn't threaten us about doing so. And all who are truly born again will overcome.

18. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    None of this supports your theory:

“My sheep listen to my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish; no one will snatch them from my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can snatch them from my Father’s hand. The Father and I are one.”” (John 10:27–30)

“And I intreat thee also, true yoke fellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellow labourers, whose names are in the book of life.” (Philippians 4:3)

“He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.” (Revelation 3:5)

“And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.” (Revelation 13:8)

“The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.” (Revelation 17:8)

“And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.” (Revelation 20:12)

“And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.” (Revelation 20:15)

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.